I FIXED THE CRASHING AT START UP.

• Global Moderator

Unsubscribe To everything for chivalry then go to…

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\UDKGame\CookedSDK

And delete everything inside it.

The custom maps are the problem. When people played the beta The beta had no custom maps. But live does.

So there’s your problem torn banner. The custom maps are breaking it.

• Nice assumption, got any facts other than what supposedly works for you? lols….

• Global Moderator

@HammerSword:

Nice assumption, got any facts other than what supposedly works for you? lols….

Well I couldn’t play before I did that.

And now I can.

• worked for me and another user. I saw someone here with the same problem and they reported this worked for them also. Idk if the patch to fix the black screen or whatever from today contributed to fixing it too; i think the problem was being subscribed to an old chiv+ version on workshop, but thats just speculation

• this could be true because i talked to spook and he said he had a corrupt chiv+ file and he can run the game now. It very well may be some corrupted files form other maps we’ve downloaded. It’s odd for me thought that i basically have most of the earlier ones that came out and i still have them and new ones… but i’m not crashing at least not on startup. I still do get random udk.exe and steam crashes… and my game likes to fully freeze for about 15 seconds at a time and then come back to life…

but some of the issue could be with the map files.