All deaths in third person?

• Are all deaths in third person now? I just came back from 6 months with 0.07mbit internet and started playing again some days ago. Now after the patch all deaths is in third person. Is this some bug or is it supposed to be this way? (maybe taken from DW, dont own it myself yet). I miss being decapitated in first person. Always felt so gory and nice.
    Anyone else notice this?

• All deaths are now in third person camera.

Personally, I’d like the option to toggle between the two.

• That is sad as dying in first person really felt like I was dying, and I could not see who did it (if they killed me from behind).
    An option to switch between the two would be great indeed. I wish for it.

• Global Moderator

@DokB:

All deaths are now in third person camera.

Same here.

But there’s hardly any game developers that give people the option to do anything.

I want my first person death cam back. It was unique.

• No more head rolling down the hill cam… :(

• The only upside now I can think of is that it will be much funnier getting killed by ballista.

• Yeah, I liked the 1st person death came more too. More immersion.
    I’ve no idea why they would do this and give no option to switch between two modes. No one asked for this.

• @DokB:

The only upside now I can think of is that it will be much funnier getting killed by ballista.

Haha kind of. If it’s at a certain angle you just disappear. Sometimes you can see yourself getting pinned to a wall though.

• death by balista has always been the best way to go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uh75xPJBOI

• @DokB:

All deaths are now in third person camera.

+1 to this idea. Where exactly does one start a thread with this kind of suggestion?

• This new death animation is really annoying in the way the camera suddenly jolts back from first person view. It’s really frustrating and confusing in a close duel match.

• Indeed its strange esp to a First person player. What is this obsession with 3rd person they have? Is the new generation of gamers so squishy ?That blue menu looks nice while loading game tbh. Did you ever play Fatal Fury on the Neo Geo yrs ago? the maa moves like them.

• It’s Torn Banner’s way of showing how they dislike us for NOT buying the DLC. Everyone knew it was gonna be worse than the core game except Torn Banner themselves. Now in an act of pure hatred they decided to bring aspects of the DLC to Medieval Warfare instead.

No but in all seriousness, this will take some getting used to as I really liked the blue-tinted 1st person-deaths.

• Global Moderator

Well ask for them back. Don’t give in.

Ask and and you shall receive.

Probably.

In about 6 months going by their usual timescale.