Turning down rag doll duration prevents recovering projectiles.

• Title says it all.

Let me know if there are any questions.

• Wouldn’t be the first setting to make the game “easier”.

High FOV makes you more aware of your surroundings(although honest to god, I can’t play like this).

Long ragdoll length enables more time to retrieve your projectiles, but also act as ‘pillows’ for when you miss(you can direct your miss towards a dead body) in order to prevent stamina loss.

High mouse sensitivity obviously let’s you react to certain directions faster(although swing speed is locked).

I mean, there are a lot of settings you can tinker with in order for small ‘bonuses’ but don’t they all kind of ruin the gameplay? I’d prefer normal mouse sensitivity, medium ragdoll length and a FOV that doesn’t show the inside of my arms anytime.

• Global Moderator

Having a higher FPS in general helps you.

• @Rickvs:

Wouldn’t be the first setting to make the game “easier”.

High FOV makes you more aware of your surroundings(although honest to god, I can’t play like this).

Long ragdoll length enables more time to retrieve your projectiles, but also act as ‘pillows’ for when you miss(you can direct your miss towards a dead body) in order to prevent stamina loss.

High mouse sensitivity obviously let’s you react to certain directions faster(although swing speed is locked).

I mean, there are a lot of settings you can tinker with in order for small ‘bonuses’ but don’t they all kind of ruin the gameplay? I’d prefer normal mouse sensitivity, medium ragdoll length and a FOV that doesn’t show the inside of my arms anytime.

If you want to play with suboptimal settings that’s your choice. Everybody has the opportunity to play with the same settings… And if you want to lock FOV you might as well lock screen resolution as well… oh and perhaps ban monitors with a certain aspect ratio since 16:9 monitors get a much wider field of view than for example a 4:3 CRT monitor or a 16:10 lcd. Lets just force 640x480 4:3 resolution for everybody to make it fair for poor or casual gamers who can’t afford computers or monitors to run high resolutions. Also cap the framerate at something like 25 because achieving 120 fps or even 60 fps is impossible for some people.

EDIT: almost forgot, we also need to ban 120 - 240hz monitors because high update frequency makes such a huge difference in the smoothness of the game making it much easier to play. Maybe even go so far as to ban mice with highgrade laser/optical sensors since some people are actually stuck wiht lowresolution sensors that are very inaccurate has crap or too much jitter reduction, annoying hardware acceleration and path correction!

EDIT 2: Lets all become console gamers ftw!!!