Vanguard charge reaches across the lava pit in Citadel

• For those who didn’t know you no longer have to walk around to get to the Agatha spawn when spawning in as a Mason in the third objective of Citadel (free the slaves). Just get enough sprint up and find the nearest ledge to the other side and vanguard charge in a diagonal towards their spawn and you can make it every time.

I’ll try and get screenshots available for later. The higher ledge you want to jump from is the rock area jutting out on the right hand side, and you’re aiming for more-or-less the middle of the area near the Agathian spawn.

• #Xtreme
    #parkour
    #whoa

• This has been a feature for a long time now, but yeah, it’s quite funny.

• @DokB:

#Xtreme
    #parkour
    #whoa

#JustTornBannerThings

• @dudeface:

This has been a feature for a long time now, but yeah, it’s quite funny.

One of my buddies told me this today. I almost remember thinking I saw it once and trying and failing.

So what is the difference in the vanguard charge now? I barely made it most of the times I did it today (with super charge) and I’ve noticed charges go a lot further than they used to. Is it that they go further horizontally now?

• I don’t know. They’re all sorts of fucked up now. Most of the time I die from a charge and the VG appears like 20 feet away, facing some random direction and striking a fashionable pose.

• You can also get to the Mason spawn in Hillside while being on Agatha by jumping down trebuchet 1.

• @Albert!:

You can also get to the Mason spawn in Hillside while being on Agatha by jumping down trebuchet 1.

Ah ha! I bet that’s a funny jump! I’ll try it later, thanks.

@Dudeface:

I don’t know. They’re all sorts of fucked up now. Most of the time I die from a charge and the VG appears like 20 feet away, facing some random direction and striking a fashionable pose.

I was playing VG yesterday and I had gotten used to the charge before this patch. Several times in battle I would think that I was going to hit an archer with a charge (thinking the charge was going to work like before this patch) and wind up having my weapon go right through said archer without damage, then fly back another twenty feet hitting everyone within that path. For some reason I have the hardest time hitting people within a reasonable distance… dunno if this helps us any, but at least it’s fairly consistent.

All of the archers feel unsafe, so I guess the new VG charge bug isn’t that bad. They now have almost equal range to archers :).

• This bug has been in the game for so long, and TB has now managed to make it worse with the patch. Oh, the server browser troubles are back too! Sadly I’m not surprised anymore. You’d think these 3 things would be on the top of their chalkboard each day.

1. Fix vanguard charge
    2. Fix rank and weapon unlock bug
    3. Have a working server browser

• Jor-El was able to save his infant son Kal-El and sent him to earth to become a Super Vanguard hehe. Are they for real whoosh , my van fear has increased now. Does TB know just how fast they are?

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji5zWdzWJxo
    jesus christ torn banner…
    at least you fired slygoat

• Oh my god I hope they never fix this.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji5zWdzWJxo
    jesus christ torn banner…
    at least you fired slygoat

And people called me crazy when I said Vanguards have been doing shit like this for ages. Maybe not as bad as this patch but how the hell do you fuck up something like this?

• @DokB:

And people called me crazy when I said Vanguards have been doing shit like this for ages. Maybe not as bad as this patch but how the hell do you fuck up something like this?

They have been doing that for ages but now it’s complete bullshit.

• There’s a Monty Python sketch about a knight who clutched his mmmmagical sword and lept from the tallest tower in the kingdom (to his death).

Personally i haven’t been able to fly so far with my van guard though i havent tested it in this manner.

• @Hammertime:

This bug has been in the game for so long, and TB has now managed to make it worse with the patch. Oh, the server browser troubles are back too! Sadly I’m not surprised anymore. You’d think these 3 things would be on the top of their chalkboard each day.

1. Fix vanguard charge
    2. Fix rank and weapon unlock bug
    3. Have a working server browser

Had a look in the beta customization menu? Pretty sure there’s only one thing on that board.

1. More fancy hats

(They’re REALLY ugly this time too, sorry TB)

Edit: They’ve gone live with the helms, maybe now they can focus on issues that have plagued the game since day one.

• @LTTLWLF:

Had a look in the beta customization menu? Pretty sure there’s only one thing on that board.

1. More fancy hats

(They’re REALLY ugly this time too, sorry TB)

Edit: They’ve gone live with the helms, maybe now they can focus on issues that have plagued the game since day one.

dont forget about the shiny new loading screen