Archer Solution

• Why nerf archers? They are crap already. Did you even play as an archer or you want to nerf it because you get hit by an arrow every now and then? I mostly play melee classes and when I picked up archer I couldn’t hit anything, hitboxes are very small.

And another thing, is it me or is crossbow faster to use than a bow? Even a shortbow is just sooooo slooooooow.

• @BlaZe:

And the people who complain about losing to archers in melee are simply noobs.

Precisely.

• I like archers the way they are. They have no archer servers. However it’s to bad we cant just click create server and host our own games with ease.

Hmm well I am googling how to host now lol does not seem to hard.

But yeah there are no archer servers, you could mod maps and make no amno box maps then host them I suppose.

• Ok so it appears that you are technically illliterate. Clearly you post a video of the laggiest map and for you it runs smooth as silk. Good for you. The majority of us, that doenst happen. I only average 32-45 frames a sec on that map. So your “mad” skills are actually based in your hardware. Again, congrats. Most of us do not have that advantage. So when we see stuttering swing animations and hit detections only register partial hit damages if not at all, maybe you can see why there are so many threads about ghost swings and the plethera of other bugs. Ping, FPS, refresh rate are all related if any and all are compromised than yes it is easy to be spammed by archers or any spammy class… It has nothing to do with being a noob but clearly everything to do with hardware. I would also suggest that you were playing against low ranking pubs most all level 5s, so again, not impressive by any means. Clearly even with your advantages several archers were not 1 hit by you. But hey enjoy your hardware advantages, maybe some day you will understand where and why the rest of us suffer.

• @HammerSword:

Ok so it appears that you are technically illliterate. Clearly you post a video of the laggiest map and for you it runs smooth as silk. Good for you. The majority of us, that doenst happen. I only average 32-45 frames a sec on that map. So your “mad” skills are actually based in your hardware. Again, congrats. Most of us do not have that advantage. So when we see stuttering swing animations and hit detections only register partial hit damages if not at all, maybe you can see why there are so many threads about ghost swings and the plethera of other bugs. Ping, FPS, refresh rate are all related if any and all are compromised than yes it is easy to be spammed by archers or any spammy class… It has nothing to do with being a noob but clearly everything to do with hardware. I would also suggest that you were playing against low ranking pubs most all level 5s, so again, not impressive by any means. Clearly even with your advantages several archers were not 1 hit by you. But hey enjoy your hardware advantages, maybe some day you will understand where and why the rest of us suffer.

You are the biggest dumbass I have ever seen. I literally stomp on all of your points and then you make excuses. You’re fucking bad if you get spammed by archers. Boo hoo you get bad frames. Do you want me to fucking make a video on another map? Do you want to duel me? Shut the fuck up.

Do you want me to record a friend who gets bad frames who still kicks ass? Honestly you’re an idiot. “You’re only good because of you’re hardware.” Bitch please. I played Natural Selection 2 competitively on a shitty laptop at low graphics at 800x600. Don’t believe me? Too fucking bad.

Some of the best players in this game get less than 60 fps. Making excuses based on hardware is like saying “Oh you’re Asian so you have an advantage.”

• Lols…. you call that stomping when I simply point out that you are playing against level 5 noobs and that you have self admitted monster PC? BWAHAHAHAAA With this game, hardware can make all the difference. BTW I still do pretty damn good myself on my shitty PC and usually end up in the top 5 on most all map rotations. Mine and many others frustrations lie with the amount of missed swings, stabs and parries on top of stupid dev decisions about class. Like archers which is the topic at hand. Who really has a problem with them at range? No one really if they were honest about it. Getting kills at range is skilled. But that skill shoulc come at a cost and that should be melee. Yet I know of many highly skilled archers that are monsters at melee from several different clans and a few independents. So I dont know who you are playing against but level 5s aint all that good. Making racist commets and calling people names do not support your arguement at all. But hey, rage at anyone who dares to disagree with the mighty Flippy. Maybe you and Lemon should hook up.

• Archer primaries should dictate their secondary weapon selection. The more powerful the primary, the shittier your secondary selection becomes.

Heav Cross and Warbow with Broadhead = Hunting dagger only.
    Sling and Short bow = All secondary weapons available.

Something like that.

• @H:

Archer primaries should dictate their secondary weapon selection. The more powerful the primary, the shittier your secondary selection becomes.

Something like that.

That’s actually pretty good idea.

• What about double the spawn time for Archers and they spawn in the enemy base.

• @H:

Archer primaries should dictate their secondary weapon selection. The more powerful the primary, the shittier your secondary selection becomes.

Something like that.

Since when hunting dagger is shitty?

• @HammerSword:

Lols…. you call that stomping when I simply point out that you are playing against level 5 noobs and that you have self admitted monster PC? BWAHAHAHAAA With this game, hardware can make all the difference. BTW I still do pretty damn good myself on my shitty PC and usually end up in the top 5 on most all map rotations. Mine and many others frustrations lie with the amount of missed swings, stabs and parries on top of stupid dev decisions about class. Like archers which is the topic at hand. Who really has a problem with them at range? No one really if they were honest about it. Getting kills at range is skilled. But that skill shoulc come at a cost and that should be melee. Yet I know of many highly skilled archers that are monsters at melee from several different clans and a few independents. So I dont know who you are playing against but level 5s aint all that good. Making racist commets and calling people names do not support your arguement at all. But hey, rage at anyone who dares to disagree with the mighty Flippy. Maybe you and Lemon should hook up.

NA has the best competitive archers in the game’s comp scene. It’s a known fact even Crushed will admit. Bigs, Skillz, Flotch, EvonvonRocket and many others. None of them can spam me to death, or anyone else.

So your argument that archers are OP is that there’s a few who also have really good melee who can spam ONLY YOU to death? Because literally, it seems like nobody else has your problem. A wise man once said “gitgudscrub.” I think that is applicable here.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

That’s actually pretty good idea.

That is assuming any weapon is currently better then the other…. Which is not the case.

• @BandOfTheHawk:

That is assuming any weapon is currently better then the other…. Which is not the case.

Actually there’s plenty of weapons outright better than others. Broadsword > all MAA weapons except HWS. Halberd > all polearms overall. Warbow > all archer weapons in terms of DPS. etc.

• The problem is the comp scene seems to want the best of both worlds. The archers need some adjustment on the pubs. The comp scene I keep out of maybe your quite ok with archers in that domain. I suggest pub archers have to duel each other for ammo ;)

• @Xpacer:

Since when hunting dagger is shitty?

Since the leanback and bubble.