Team Coloring

• Hey all,

I haven’t bought this game yet so I don’t have beta access but I am very much looking to buy it when it comes out. However there’s something bothering me after watching a bunch of youtube videos about it.

The colouring on the teams is standing out too much. It just seems surreal that everyone on one team is blue and everyone on the other team is red, after so much work has been done to make the game immersive.

Maybe still keep the colour scheme but make it more dirty/less bright? Or maybe subtle differences in shades of blue/red? Or maybe both.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and good luck with the game!

• No, they don’t stand out too much. In the early stages of beta many, many people had huge difficulties in recognizing teammates from enemies and thus the models have been modded to be more clear due to popular demand. Sometimes in some maps there are several shadows and lightning effects that very much alter the look of some unit models which makes it even harder to distinguish them apart.

So no. The models are perfectly fine, finally. 8-)

• I do think colors are fine : they are not intrusive, or flashy.
    Also they are quite essentieal to quickly tell who is an ennemy and who is not.

In real life, there were not so many colors, and the colors depended a lot of the blasons of the leaders.
    But when there were not colors, I might say there could have been “teamkill” in the middle of the melee (which we want to avoid in game), and there were other ways to tell who was an ennemy and who was not (you fought with friendly faces most of the time, and the possible differences in clothing and speaking might have helped too) but nowadays, people do not have that immediate knowledge of who fights with who in a video game.

People complained a lot of this coloring in other games (like Rome: total war to mention it, but the colors were more than a tad flashy) and it’s true it is not realistic, but it is in no way breaking the immersion, I can assure you.

• What breaks immersion is when someone accidentally kills a teammate because they can’t tell the teams apart, and the chat is then filled with “OMG TK GRIEFER FAGET”

;)

• @Spryngo:

Hey all,

I haven’t bought this game yet so I don’t have beta access but I am very much looking to buy it when it comes out. However there’s something bothering me after watching a bunch of youtube videos about it.

The colouring on the teams is standing out too much. It just seems surreal that everyone on one team is blue and everyone on the other team is red, after so much work has been done to make the game immersive.

Maybe still keep the colour scheme but make it more dirty/less bright? Or maybe subtle differences in shades of blue/red? Or maybe both.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and good luck with the game!

Hm, wut?

Don’t know what you’ve been seeing. The coloring is very subtle. The knight class is hardly colored at all. You’ll have to know the armor to know what team they are on.
    The Mason Man-at-Arms is more brownish.

Just look at them:

http://www.chivalrythegame.com/blog/class