Group of troublemakers in servers

• Several times I have encountered this group of people on random servers, insulting people by calling them “faggots” abusing votekicks, calling everyone “niggers” and other such behavior including teamkilling and teamwounding continuously. Today they were going onto public Official servers and hijacking them (by that I mean they were votekicking anyone who joined out).

The people involved are:

yojimbo252
    FAG BALLS
    Matteo
    acstub
    manateeb

I’m sure some of you have encountered these fantastic individuals. I don’t know what can be done about it but I just want to make you guys aware that these guys are only in the beta to cause problems for honest players.

• Could I please get some help with this. I’m tired of these people harassing me when I play

• There aren’t any tools for dealing with these kinds of people yet. Nothing you can do. I’ve kind of stopped playing chiv for a while as the number of trolls has been absolutely crazy. I’m getting tkers and votekick abusers every other game.

• Mods have just recently been given admin privileges on official servers, so if you see anyone griefing like this message me on steam (http://steamcommunity.com/id/slygoat) with the server it’s happening on and the players involved and I’ll take care of it.

• Ive seen them a couple of times. Honestly, i expected as much to happen once more people joined the game. Eventually it will (hopefully) become more like aoc with its dedicated community that is more focused and the people who scream and holler in chat will be gone. I still hope that we have a large playerbase, just not full of idiots.

• If anyone is consistently found trolling or griefing, they can be globally banned from all official servers - in addition to proper moderation from clan and community servers, hopefully the griefers will be easy enough to keep in check.

• @SlyGoat:

Mods have just recently been given admin privileges on official servers, so if you see anyone griefing like this message me on steam (http://steamcommunity.com/id/slygoat) with the server it’s happening on and the players involved and I’ll take care of it.

Thank you. I’ll keep this in mind if I see them again causing problems.

• @SlyGoat:

If anyone is consistently found trolling or griefing, they can be globally banned from all official servers - in addition to proper moderation from clan and community servers, hopefully the griefers will be easy enough to keep in check.

Wow That’s a bit overkill! Since it’s a multiplayer game, being perma ban from all servers almost means having your game confiscated, and your 25$ lost forever.
    I’m not a griefer but i still find it harsh, especially since incident often happen (a friend of your plays on your account for example). I think most account for all kind of games have at least grief once out of boringness, or by incident (friend…) or have been falsely accused of doing so (happened to me once, a clan of russian trolls all testified against me and got me banned from a BF server).

Sentence like 3 days ban are more suited than perma ban, which can be fatal for a multiplayer game.

• I don’t agree; if a player constantly trolls or griefs then they’re idiots and should be gone - buying the game does not entitle a player unlimited access to be a chucklehead. A slightly different take, but take the Steam VAC bans - originally people were banned for a set number of years, but guess what? They just cheated on their accounts again when they got them back, so the decision was made to use perma-VAC bans. Three days is nothing.

One report should not be enough, of course. Lots of reports (or video evidence), over a wide range of time and with different users is enough evidence to take action, though.

• sounds more reasonable.

• I met someone yesterday who was throwing axes at my friend and I, but only just us two. Eventually we had to start killing him just to stop being harassed.

But at least he wasn’t being verbally obnoxious. I’d hate to meet any of those mentioned in the OP.

• There should be no mercy for people who’s sole aim is ruining the game for entire servers of players. Identify, observe, eliminate. Beware Judge Sly cause its judgment time ;)

• Hahaha. Oh Alpha, did you make that?

I hope Slygoat sees that, he needs to make that his sig.

• @akarnir:

Wow That’s a bit overkill! Since it’s a multiplayer game, being perma ban from all servers almost means having your game confiscated, and your 25$ lost forever.
    I’m not a griefer but i still find it harsh, especially since incident often happen (a friend of your plays on your account for example). I think most account for all kind of games have at least grief once out of boringness, or by incident (friend…) or have been falsely accused of doing so (happened to me once, a clan of russian trolls all testified against me and got me banned from a BF server).

Sentence like 3 days ban are more suited than perma ban, which can be fatal for a multiplayer game.

All official servers - that is, the 25 provided by multiplay.

It’s up to private server owners to determine if these griefers belong on their servers or not after they’re banished from the official servers, which would only happen after consistent abusive behavior.

Griefers who get banned from the majority of servers in any game will usually find their own little griefer-bastions in servers that rarely have admins online, where they can spend all their free time griefing other griefers. So really banning them from official servers is just helping them to find friends with similar interests. ;)

And as much as I appreciate the reference, I think that would be a bit too obtrusive of a signature ;)

• How does one go about becoming an admin for Official servers? As a kiwi i use the Aussie servers everyday and come across countless Tkers. But with empty threats and always relying on Slygoat to come and take care of them is a bit of a hassle. I have been/are a admin of CS:S server and DayZ. And would like to somehow apply for this role on the Aussie servers.

• Agree to perma ban. This is offtopic a bit but i beleive this is why the world is like it is today. Things are too leanient (was that spelt right?). Crime is ridiculous…consequences are minimal and what consequences there are are just ridiculous.

Back on topic…agree to perma ban.