Would I like DW?

• I’ve been playing Chivalry since around November of last year. I’m Rank 44 and currently have 477 hours played. I have taken a few breaks from Chivalry, not because of any frustration at the game, but because of other distractions.

Now here’s where things get a bit weird.

I find vanilla MW in its current state playable.

No…not just that. I find it fun. I know, I’m like some kind of twisted freak.

Anyway, being content with MW, I was never really that interested in DW. Now that its on sale, however, it has slightly stepped into my attention.

Would I enjoy Deadliest Warrior/Should I get Deadliest Warrior?

• I think so, yes. I am largely in the same boat as you. I had around 400 hours and rank 39 before i switched over, and it really does make it seem… fresh. The variety of classes and different fighting styles make you have to adapt to situations constantly, and even then each player may take their class in a different way. It’s fun to find your niche. For example, 99% of pirate players shoot their gun and back up if they see you coming, swapping to a sword as a last resort. I play and believe maybe even invented ‘quick-draws’ as i saw nobody else doing it, where you run in with the sword and just about all enemies think you have no ammo, because why else would you charge in? Weaken them, wait for them to try and get some breathing room then K-POW their ass, it’s great…

Wow I fell off topic there.

Anyway, yeah. I think you would enjoy it, though it is a lot better if you have friends to play with as solo TDM can be tiresome after a while, that said I have found some great guys randomly on my team and worked well. It’s enjoyable testing out the classes, the weapons and finding the playstyle that suits you, and I feel there is a much greater scope for that in this game over MW.

Downsides however, unless I am mistaken there has been no significant fix/patch to DW since it’s release as TornBanner felt the need to focus on MW, to show they won’t forget their first child and love them both equally. I am sure updates will come in time though.

• Maybe.
    It feels very different from MW, more like an arena shooter with swords, if you ask me.
    I like it, but the playerbase currently kind of sucks, since most good MW players didn’t want to adapt to a new playstyle in DW, I suppose.

Multiteam LTS and maps are bad, and the game looks uglier than MW, imo. I mainly like DW for the duel mode. Some 1v1 fights I’ve had in DW are simply unmatched.

• DW is much more “CoD-Like” than MW, in the sense that it’s far more “pub-focused” than competitive play. If you just wanna’ log in and slaughter a bunch of noobs, then it’s your kind of game. If you want to take it serious and competitively, then it’s probably not.

• @SOC:

DW is much more “CoD-Like” than MW, in the sense that it’s far more “pub-focused” than competitive play. If you just wanna’ log in and slaughter a bunch of noobs, then it’s your kind of game. If you want to take it serious and competitively, then it’s probably not.

This is actually a good way to put it. It can be very mindless but if thats what you’re after… its awesome for it.

• DW is far from mindless, if you find a good opponent.

• Thanks everyone. I ended up getting it. It’s just 10 bucks, and I don’t have any expectations for it high or low, so even if I end up not liking it, it won’t be by much. The faster combat does seem appealing to me, and while TO was one of my most favorite game modes, I kind of burned myself out on that anyway, so I’m hoping at the very least DW can fill in the gaps of when I don’t want to TO.