Can't access customizations

• I can’t access any of my DLC helmets or my customized pre-sets for the classes. It says that “there is an error communicating with the servers”. How can this be if my internet is working fine and I can play the game?

I reinstalled the game, reset my PC, all of that. Nothing is working.

Please provide a fix ASAP as this is ridiculous to not access DLC that I paid money for over such a silly issue.

• gg ezzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Ugh, I’ve got the same problem. This never happened before the patch.

When I click Customization it says “Communicating with Server, Please Wait.” then after a few moments it says “We had some difficulty communicating with the server. Try again later.”

I can’t access my Peasant Hat or any of the DLC hats I’ve purchased.

• I have the very same problem too. I can’t access my previously DLC helmets nor can I see the new ones. It would be nice if Torn Banner gave us at least an acknowledgement that they are aware of the problem.

P.S: Steam Community in-Game is enabled.

• Can we please get an acknowledgement torn banner? I paid 6 euros for those helmets. That’s more than most people pay for your game (which costs 4.99 on steam).

• Mod

Have any of you guys tried editing the udkstats.ini or have you had any erros about the local file being out of sync with the cloud in steam?

The failed to communicate with server often occurs if the player stats is different from what the global server expects to see (to stop people changing their experience to level 50 for example).

It’s probably worth checking this by renaming the ‘config’ folder in my docuements\my games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\

then reverifying the game cache in steam

• Wow this worked, thanks! I bought the new helms and they look sweet.

• @MonkeyFiend:

Have any of you guys tried editing the udkstats.ini or have you had any erros about the local file being out of sync with the cloud in steam?

The failed to communicate with server often occurs if the player stats is different from what the global server expects to see (to stop people changing their experience to level 50 for example).

It’s probably worth checking this by renaming the ‘config’ folder in my docuements\my games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\

then reverifying the game cache in steam

I renamed my config folder and steam created a new after game execute, but i can still not access the constmization, it keep “cumminicating with server, please wait”

• I renamed the config and steam auto created a new after game execute but i still have the problem under customization “communicating with server, please wait”

• I have the endless loop of “Communicating with server, please wait”-thing and about asked on full/almost full servers if anyone else had it, about 40% said yes and the others no, why is it happening to some but not every player? Also if anyone comes up with a way to fix this, say it. I miss my black hat, I feel naked and vulnerable without it. Ps: I’ve not tried to edit the udkstats.ini file, only viewed it. No error with the synch either, if I recall correctly.

• Altaïr

Edit: I’ve now found out that the in-server/game customization menu works, atleast it did for me. It’s atleast a temporary solution for the problem.

• Developer

Yes, the last patch introduced that issue. Right now only the in game menu will work.

• i have the same issue but this fix doesn’t seem to work for me any other ideas?

• ReBumping this as its still an issue. I even tried renaming my Config folder. And guess what?

All I did was lose my most recent progress on Weapon unlocks, and still cannot buy or view DLC Helms or Armours. WTF?

Can we get a real, definitive answer to this “issue” that hasn’t been fixed for nearly 4 months? Or do you just not want my money?

Sincerely,
    I’m Upset.

• Issue is still present.

• this is a truly unacceptable bug, i really hope it gets fixed quickly

• I have the same problem here. Thanks for taking time to reply to us. ;)

• Still cant access customizations (in-game or otherwise) and after trying to fix the issue by renaming the config file and verifying integrity all my customization loadouts are set to default. Very lame. Aside from renaming the config folder I’ve never touched any of the game files. I’ve paid real money for dlc I can’t access and I am not happy.

• I’m having this issue and renaming config/verifying did not fix, it only set my customization loadouts to default. So now not only can I not view/buy dlc but my customizations are stuck default. Lame.

• I too am faced with this problem

• Same issue, Can’t access customizations I bought :(

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.