New TO maps

• i just want to ask the devs if there is going to be any new TO maps coming?

• Someone’s new. Nope.

• Nah man, they’re going to focus more on micro transactions and how to make your game crash. Also, did someone mention you can’t unlock anything or level up in this game?

• I’m just going to say this in every relevant topic:

I will pay money for DLC TO maps.

• Man you guys are lame. There’s already a few new TO maps and there’s going to be a bunch more with the SDK. They’re just all user created which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Just go to the steam workshop to check them out.

• @Karasu:

Man you guys are lame. There’s already a few new TO maps and there’s going to be a bunch more with the SDK. They’re just all user created which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Just go to the steam workshop to check them out.

They’re all pretty bad, no offence to people who made them.
    inb4 MAKE BETTER MAP YOURSELF

• New and improved TO maps are long overdue, and by improved I mean not getting stuck on shit constantly (thought TB fixed this?). Even if they updated some of the objectives I’m sure a lot of people would be pleased. For example: Having to light the petard with a torch on battlegrounds for it to blow the gates, and continuing on to another stage inside the walls.

• It’s nearing 12 months since last official TO map Citadel.

• TBS wants SDK to be the thing for new maps and content, completely made by the community. There are some great community made maps, Dr Zob’s Siege map and the Malric’s Manor LTS map are amazing. But the problem is how to make them available to many people. Kimi had a server dedicated to them but now she has it with all Mana Warfare only. It’s not like they’re going to be on official TO servers or anything, which is where most people play. And FFA.

• @SOC:

TBS wants SDK to be the thing for new maps and content, completely made by the community. There are some great community made maps, Dr Zob’s Siege map and the Malric’s Manor LTS map are amazing. But the problem is how to make them available to many people. Kimi had a server dedicated to them but now she has it with all Mana Warfare only. It’s not like they’re going to be on official TO servers or anything, which is where most people play. And FFA.

I’ll be putting another server up that will be dedicated to custom maps. Since it’s more work updating/changing maps around, etc, I decided to wait a little bit til’ there were more maps on the Workshop.

• @SOC:

TBS wants SDK to be the thing for new maps and content, completely made by the community. There are some great community made maps, Dr Zob’s Siege map and the Malric’s Manor LTS map are amazing. But the problem is how to make them available to many people.

This. I really love to play some new maps, even if they are just mediocre, but there are so few servers which actually run them, and they are empty most of the time for whatever reasons. I think Torn Banner would really do themselves a favor by dedicating at least 1/5 of their official servers to custom maps, even if its only a handful of the most popular ones. Or, even better, add them to the map rotation with some of the official maps. More people will simply stay on the server, get to know the new maps, it wil lbe easier to find populated new map servers and there you go setting of the spiral of endless new content with basically zero effort for the devs.

• I would love to see some “Official TO/Custom 24p” servers, or just some “Official Community Custom 24p” servers. Most people’s server browser has been filtered to have “official” in it for a long time now, so it would help I think. Kimi, if you are going to put up some more custom map servers sometime, please put official in the title so it shows up when we have our default filters going. I don’t think people will mind.

• People filtered their servers to official? Strange people.

What they should do is a competition. And they said a few months ago that they are thinking about something along those lines.

Boom 5 more TO maps that come loaded with the game and maybe some other maps to come with it. And if we’re lucky we might get a TBS made one too but unlikely.

• I just rented my own server so if you have any ideas add me on steam.

On the server i will have TO only with about 20-24 players AND limited archer (2) or no archer at all and that depends on what the players want.

And the topic of more TO maps? well the community will make more maps but it will take them A LONG TIME to make then any good and TBS can make GOOD maps in 1/10 of the time.

Steam name: Sweet AmateuS
    Steam username: marcusbergqvist

Server ip: 85.236.107.11:8277
    Server name: Multiplay :: AmateuS :Limited Archer TO Only

• This post is deleted!

• So… creating maps is not the coolest thing to create when you are game dev ?

I always ( and still ) thought it would !
    But apparently not for TB, I’d like to know what’s their favorite thing to do at their work then.

I would love to see some “Official TO/Custom 24p” servers, or just some “Official Community Custom 24p” servers.

Totaly agree !
    But I don’t think many people use Official in filter modes, just that new players ( and most players seems to be new ) may prefer stick to the main game, so “official” servs.
    So that devs support even more modders and add the best modded maps in the classic maps rotation would be great. In that way new players may reconsider playing on Official only.

• IMO there needs to be a few tweaks to the whole downloading process for workshop files. At the moment the custom servers just don’t quite attract enough players consistently to make them viable

• @SOC:

TBS wants SDK to be the thing for new maps and content, completely made by the community. There are some great community made maps, Dr Zob’s Siege map and the Malric’s Manor LTS map are amazing. But the problem is how to make them available to many people. Kimi had a server dedicated to them but now she has it with all Mana Warfare only. It’s not like they’re going to be on official TO servers or anything, which is where most people play. And FFA.

Cheers man :)
    However I’m not playing chivalry much anymore and I haven’t bothered to update my map in a while because of the lack of interest in custom servers.

• @Dr:

Cheers man :)
    However I’m not playing chivalry much anymore and I haven’t bothered to update my map in a while because of the lack of interest in custom servers.

Honestly I think the way the custom map servers are set up just isn’t up to scratch. Old versions of the maps may be running on the server, or versions different to the one you have downloaded via the workshop which means you have to wait for the map to download before you can play, ain’t nobody got time for dat. An option to autoupdate maps really needs to be implemented, but whether or not TBS can do this is another matter entirely.

They needed to do the map contest when SDK went live. It could have been as simple as taking the best 5 as voted by the players, polishing and optimizing where necessary, then incorporating them into the live game. If they did this every couple of months or so we’d have fresh maps constantly, and people like yourself who put the time into making these awesome maps would actually have people playing them.

• @LTTLWLF:

… An option to autoupdate maps really needs to be implemented, but whether or not TBS can do this is another matter entirely.

They needed to do the map contest when SDK went live. It could have been as simple as taking the best 5 as voted by the players, polishing and optimizing where necessary, then incorporating them into the live game. If they did this every couple of months or so we’d have fresh maps constantly, and people like yourself who put the time into making these awesome maps would actually have people playing them.

Wow; beautiful dream dude, chivalry utopia right there.