What happened to the turnspeedcap when swinging???

• Hey guys, yesterday I saw some weird stuff.

I guess we all know that, while swining, the speed we can turn around is capped. So we can’t just press the maximum sensitivity button of our gaming mouse to make 5 360° turns while swinging. That’s good.

But wtf happened to it? I’ve seen guys that turn around faster than a rotor!

Ever seen a Vanguard with a Zweihänder doing 5 360s in ONE SWING?! Not a nice view…

Is it a glitch?!

Fortunately, I only saw ONE guy doing that so far. But I hope TBS will look into this. It’s medieval warfare, not modern warfare. We don’t need any helictopters in this game.

• Well if it was just 1 guy then I’d assume he has his FOV to somewhere around 130-200 after messing around in his .ini files of Chivalry.

But like me, most people find that the standard FOV already breaks the immersion enough on it’s own so don’t set it higher than Chivalry’s maximum.

I’d be worried if there were more players doing this though.

• Does FOV affect your turn speed?

• @dudeface:

Does FOV affect your turn speed?

High FOV + high mouse sens = Ima chopper

• But I don’t think it will disable your turnspeed when swinging. The turnspeed when swingig is not able to be altered I think. No matter how fast or slow you move your mouse, it will be the same speed as long as you swing.

• Mouse speed is capped during windup and capped even more during release. It is however, with sufficient dragging as well as coupled with weapons such as the Greatsword where you can achieve 435° of red tracer coverage.

• @dudeface:

Does FOV affect your turn speed?

I’m not entirely sure about the technical terms but:

let’s just say then that FOV basically zooms out your view requiring less effort to rotate around than when for example your view would be zoomed in ridiculously(FOV of 10)
    So even when your swing speed is locked an FOV of 200 should still allow you to do 360’s and whatnot without any effort.

I’ll try this out later, hope I don’t get VAC banned :D
    (Probably not when I only fight bots)

• @DokB:

Mouse speed is capped during windup and capped even more during release. It is however, with sufficient dragging as well as coupled with weapons such as the Greatsword where you can achieve 435° of red tracer coverage.

There’s a bug right now that was always around but has recently become more prevalent in combos. I see it happen to me most often during the third swing of a combo, and it doesn’t appear it’s weapon specific (but I don’t know for sure). The capped sensitivity of swing dragging randomly doesn’t cap swings (again, I think it’s third hit in combo) and you become a tornado and can do the behavior the OP is talking about. Your drag sensitivity basically becomes your look sensitivity. I’ve done it a LOT recently, but it’s not at all intentional and I can’t quite figure out what’s wrong with it. Most of the time I get really confused when it happens.

This was a nold bug (very old bug) that has recently been occurring to me A LOT after the recent patch.

• This happens to me every so often. For me it’s always either 2nd-4th swing in a combo. It’s a bug that just removes the spin cap for one swing. I get really disoriented when it happens because I completely lose my sense of direction.

• @quigleyer:

There’s a bug right now that was always around but has recently become more prevalent in combos. I see it happen to me most often during the third swing of a combo, and it doesn’t appear it’s weapon specific (but I don’t know for sure). The capped sensitivity of swing dragging randomly doesn’t cap swings (again, I think it’s third hit in combo) and you become a tornado and can do the behavior the OP is talking about. Your drag sensitivity basically becomes your look sensitivity. I’ve done it a LOT recently, but it’s not at all intentional and I can’t quite figure out what’s wrong with it. Most of the time I get really confused when it happens.

This was a nold bug (very old bug) that has recently been occurring to me A LOT after the recent patch.

Myself and a few others have been able to do this on the third swings of the combo too. Slash-overhead-slash combo with acceleration (ie- turning 360 as fast as possible) on the last strike seems to hit during the damage flinch of the overhead, making it nigh on unblockable.

• @LTTLWLF:

Myself and a few others have been able to do this on the third swings of the combo too. Slash-overhead-slash combo with acceleration (ie- turning 360 as fast as possible) on the last strike seems to hit during the damage flinch of the overhead, making it nigh on unblockable.

have you ever seen it happen with any attack that isn’t LMB? Just off the top of my head I can’t recall one.

I’m just trying to get as much info as possible.

• @quigleyer:

have you ever seen it happen with any attack that isn’t LMB? Just off the top of my head I can’t recall one.

I’m just trying to get as much info as possible.

We can’t really see anything too out of the ordinary with the overhead and stab, will keep pushing it though with different weapons.

• @LTTLWLF:

We can’t really see anything too out of the ordinary with the overhead and stab, will keep pushing it though with different weapons.

Thus far I have seen it happen with:

SOW (1 and 2 handed)
    Longsword (1 and 2 handed)
    Messer (2 handed)
    Greatsword
    Zweihander

I guess those are all swords, but I don’t know if that even matters. I’m sure I’ve seen it with more, but these are the ones I KNOW it happened with.

• @Rickvs:

I’m not entirely sure about the technical terms but:

let’s just say then that FOV basically zooms out your view requiring less effort to rotate around than when for example your view would be zoomed in ridiculously(FOV of 10)
    So even when your swing speed is locked an FOV of 200 should still allow you to do 360’s and whatnot without any effort.

I’ll try this out later, hope I don’t get VAC banned :D
    (Probably not when I only fight bots)

That doesn’t really seem to make any sense. I don’t think it would have any affect.

• do you guys also know that when you are the one doing the 360’s and your turn speed goes uncapped while say comboing or something, that you are desyncing ? right then and there? yep you probably are.

• @dudeface:

That doesn’t really seem to make any sense. I don’t think it would have any affect.

I tried this yesterday and it did have some effect(albeit not as much as I expected it to, maybe swingspeed cap is FOV-related? IDK)

However, I’m also gonna have to admit that even vs bots I managed to do a few swings in the midst of a combo that didn’t have a speed cap. I was wrong, this is definitely caused by a bug.

• The change in FOV makes it appear that you are turning/moving faster, but that’s just from your point of view.

The other thing is definitely a bug, yeah. It happens to me infrequently in normal play, and has been around for quite a while IIRC.

• @50ShadesofClay:

do you guys also know that when you are the one doing the 360’s and your turn speed goes uncapped while say comboing or something, that you are desyncing ? right then and there? yep you probably are.

Mind if I ask what you’re basing this from? I’ve had other players report to me that they see me spinning really fast, whereas desyncs generally don’t display the same information for attacker and defender.

• I know that a person found an hilarious glitch like 3-5 months ago where he did like 5+ 360 spins with the SOW stab. Other than that I’ve heard that there’s an EU clan that found a way to get rid of the dragcap.

• @quigleyer:

Mind if I ask what you’re basing this from? I’ve had other players report to me that they see me spinning really fast, whereas desyncs generally don’t display the same information for attacker and defender.

basing it off many duels, basically any time that my turnspeed is uncapped, i will ask one of my teammates that i’m dueling with in mumble if i’m desyncing during those and they will say yeah. Every single time it’s a desync for them but a spin for me.

this shouldn’t be a new bug, but maybe it’s worse, i’ve actually hit people more than 1 time while swinging which also should be impossible, one guy reported that i did like 7 360’s… and i actually saw them all but it was like an instant death for him and i was like WTF!?

so there’s definitely 2 types i guess, one where you spin on both, one where you don’t… but there’s one that i’m talkniga bout that basically uncaps your turnspeed yet to the other person you just desync.