Norse Sword vs Dane Axe

• I liked the norse sword just because I liked having a trusty sword to hand. However when going up against enemies it seemed to take waaay many swings and stabs to get the job done. I tried out the Dane axe, and it ripped people apart so much easier, got around shields so much easier, at the price of a very miniscule loss in speed. When testing both weapons in practice, it seems the damage of the dane axe is vastly superior and just seems to be a better weapon all around.

Is there something I’m missing?

• Norse Sword has a much better and easier stab than the Dane Axe, which happens to be the sword’s primary means of attack for most people.

I gotta agree on the Dane Axe being slightly superior in the right hands though, although I’ll always prefer the Morning Star. Different people, different playstyles I guess.

• I would roll with Dane Axe. The speed loss really doesn’t gimp you in any way. The insane damage makes it worth while.

• I’ve always been playing with Norse and Hatchet. I find it uncomfortable to choose anything else with Viking. :P

• The norse should have the better stab than an axe but the dmg it does on the stab is not worth it. One handed sword stab is very little dmg while dual sword stab is a good dmg but not as easy to drag around blocks.
    I said it before, the two handed is best set up for viking. There is no reason to main one handed or dual wield over any two handed. You can pick two handed and something with the shield for secondary but even then I do advice to use those just as throwbles and fight with two handed only. Better reach, dmg, and speed is good too.

• @Sciffer:

The norse should have the better stab than an axe but the dmg it does on the stab is not worth it. One handed sword stab is very little dmg while dual sword stab is a good dmg but not as easy to drag around blocks.
    I said it before, the two handed is best set up for viking. There is no reason to main one handed or dual wield over any two handed. You can pick two handed and something with the shield for secondary but even then I do advice to use those just as throwbles and fight with two handed only. Better reach, dmg, and speed is good too.

Yes the way I fight is with either a Skeggox or Spear as main as they are simply awesome, and either dane axe or hatchet for secondary. I usually only resort to secondaries if I need the shield out to charge ranged, or to fling something at someone. Works well.