Bad habits

• After waiting to start the map T/O its often I notice some players just looking at who to stick an arrow into or swing at with a sword, even a jab from man at arms. I called a player lame to which one replied it was before countdown!
    Well were an earth did this habit of hitting ones team at spawn come from ? I certainly don’t remember this trait 6 months back.
    I replied to them its a bad habit. The best thing I myself do now is try to note the name of the team attacker and when seen by me in battle with the enemy I simply walk off to leave him getting utterly smashed by the enemy. That is my suggestion just don’t aid them or help them out of any situation if your near. I have very rarely seen a Knight ever hit in spawn at start of game. But the other 3 classes seem to have this bad habit tbh.

• I have this bad habbit of always saying no or yes every time I kill a player, sometimes causes me to switch weapons instead. XD

• @akazi:

I have this bad habbit of always saying no or yes every time I kill a player, sometimes causes me to switch weapons instead. XD

Shit, I do the exact same.
    Kill a man.
    Yes!
    Kill a man who got the first hit on me.
    No. I don’t think so.

• My worst habit when pubbing is taking another swing after knocking an enemy out of my reach with the first swing.

• Also you actually get damaged I checked for it to find 200 points of damage before I get into game.

• Wait, so when I hit someone with a maul before the game starts, it deals damage? That’s odd, considering they still have full health.
    Why is it a bad habit?

My bad habit is hitting people AFTER the game has ended, because I’ve had a few times where it hasn’t :P

EDIT: also, isn’t it a bad habit to not help your teammates because of something they did before (that doesn’t really affect you anyway)?

• Ever since the game was released people have beat the crap out of each other before the game starts. When they made it so you had couldn’t move before the game started people were annoyed.

• I remember back in Age of Chivalry during the round warmup you could just run around and do whatever you want.

I’d generally yell ‘BRAWL’ and start swinging my fists madly at every living thing in my vicinity.

• I don’t see the problem with this. It’s a tradition.

The damage you deal before the match starts is completely inconsequential.

• This has been around since the beginning and though TB has actually made some changes to deter it, you can still get around it with a bug. You’re supposed to hit someone BEFORE the match begins. You immediately reset with full HP once the match starts anyway so it’s no harm done. It’s not out of malice or an intent to grief or make anyone angry. It’s just friendly poking at each other because the damage is going to get erased anyway. Some TF2 servers have a mod that makes it so everyone gets to hectically murder the hell out of each other in spawn in the few seconds before the match begins and a score is even displayed once that’s over.

I think you’re just reading this behavior incredibly wrong.

• If you actually see nothing wrong with stabbing, mauling, setting on fire or firing arrows at team mates as they prepare to fight, then can you explain why so many do take offence and get into a fight at start resulting in call votes to kick players off?

• I’ve never seen anyone take offense to this. We’re talking about doing damage right as the warmup countdown timer goes off, right? The damage doesn’t stay; you respawn full health.

Literally never seen anybody get upset at this.

• When you see a call vote kick right at beginning for 100% td, most press yes. Its usually a player who just killed another for team hitting in spawn.I see it amongst high ranks more tho. The damage stays with you I found out recently to my surprise. Just at bottom off damage taken it is there.

• Or you can be join to end of match, and your first kill is double kill when you put down one enemy and one stupid teammate, who just run to your swing. Usualy jumping man in arm, then you have 50% team damage and you will be kicked cose in this game are also stupid kids like everywhere else.

And one really bad habit from yesterday. I was respawned like Manson King, I had 28 kills before. It was good match, bud without some reason one FUCKING IDIOTIC RETARD from my own team (man in arm). Start burning me with oil pot, then he start normally attacking with sword. I dont had a time for wrote a message or kickvote, cose I had full heand of work. With enemies and my own stupid teamates.

So I killed him but then join other my own people and kill me???
    Worst moment in Chivalry, they all should be hang on big tree ! ! ! !

• @loin:

When you see a call vote kick right at beginning for 100% td, most press yes. Its usually a player who just killed another for team hitting in spawn.I see it amongst high ranks more tho. The damage stays with you I found out recently to my surprise. Just at bottom off damage taken it is there.

It doesn’t stay if it’s done during a countdown. And those votekicks are initiated by douches that are trying to be mean, take revenge or sth by votekicking a guy who kicked them once or threw a knife (there is no time for more anyway), even tho they are respawning just fine a second later.

I never do such things, I’m neither the attacker nor the votekicker. I just tend to duck in the very last moment making them miss.

• Do check this out I get hit during the countdown and After leaving spawn area bottom right it says damage taken 50 to 200 points or more.try it. Double checked again just today at sneaky server team damage is there after countdown. Also my vote buttons are deleted out by my doing.

• Ok so maybe it shows up on your scoreboard or whatever, but if you hit someone before countdown, you would not have 100% TD if they votekicked you after the countdown.

It’s completely innocuous. If people retaliate AFTER countdown, then they are idiots.

• I think my worst habit is the one of tking my mates in TO when there are 30 seconds-1 min left but my team is already done (before being changed to fists). This leads to people insulting and votekicking me sometimes, noobs who don’t understand it the most. It’s probably a bit rude to do it but also most of those games my team didn’t do much to achieve victory, just TDM around.

• Torn banner fixed that problem where it would show 100% team damage if it was done in the countdown. Doesn’t anymore it shows as zero.

• Can’t say I’ve ever been bothered by the countdown team hits, it happens sometimes but most of the time it’s just people shouting out taunts to raise the blood. Ok; so it adds to your damage count, I didn’t know that but now that I do, I still don’t have a problem with it.

What gets my goat is a teammate wrecking a 10-0 KD by killing me at the end of a LTS round, now that’s what I’d call a bad habit. Anyway there was a constructive point to this post and it’s that I use the countdown time to take a good look at the teams. I let the balance and make up of the teams dictate my game strategy. Generally I’m looking for; teammates to support, people that are likely to be working together, noob teammates to give a wide berth and opposition players that are best avoided.

If people want to waste what I see as valuable time by team hitting it’s fine by me, I’ll be preparing myself for the battle to come.