Knight Mace

• I’ve been playing a lot of knight lately and I’ve noticed how wonderful the knight mace is. It’s really fast and does great damage to pretty much anyone. A thing I’ve noticed, though, is that it very easily goes around parries and shields, when doing an alternate strike (backhand). Much easier than any weapon I’ve played with, including axes, which logically should reach around blocks more effectively.

Even though it’s really fun to play with, I’ve gotten quite frustrated when playing against knights who use it, while I’m playing a viking (for example). It seems to act unlike any weapon I’ve encountered thus far.

Does anyone else share my opinion, or do you know why it’s so good at reaching around parries and shields?

• @phjillee:

I’ve been playing a lot of knight lately and I’ve noticed how wonderful the knight mace is. It’s really fast and does great damage to pretty much anyone. A thing I’ve noticed, though, is that it very easily goes around parries and shields, when doing an alternate strike (backhand). Much easier than any weapon I’ve played with, including axes, which logically should reach around blocks more effectively.Even though it’s really fun to play with, I’ve gotten quite frustrated when playing against knights who use it, while I’m playing a viking (for example). It seems to act unlike any weapon I’ve encountered thus far. Does anyone else share my opinion, or do you know why it’s so good at reaching around parries and shields?

I admire you. Calling knights overpowered when there are 200 tonne elephants in the room… Cough Spartan Cough, Cough Viking spear Cough

• Right click solves the spear problem. They aren’t fast and you can see them coming. I do well with long spears only because people insist on getting stabbed in the face by either doing nothing or trying to attack and they get flinched in windup.

Knight mace is pretty good. I think its stab might need to get slowed down a tad. The 3rd person animation is a bit tricky to see coming whether he’s gonna put the mace back to rest or stab you. And its riposte stab is good. May not do much damage but most people struggle against it.

Alternate attack for the mace is fine. Its not your fault your opponent is too stupid to move his mouse to parry/block your attack. Like with spears really. They don’t do anything about the problem and complain that it is OP.

• Two mace users working in tandem are extremely deadly. I still think they are fine, not many use them anyway.

Ill say about Viking spear what I said about halberd, I love it and hope it’s not nerfed into the ground, but it seems inevitable.

• The mace is a great weapon, but as long as you position yourself well, most enemies won’t prove very problematic, iirc.
    As for the viking and samurai spears, I’ve never met a good player who uses them. Sure, users can be a bitch to face, you might need to parry twice before getting into ass-kicking range, but I have not seen anything to warrant a nerf in the current state.

• @trooper:

I admire you. Calling knights overpowered when there are 200 tonne elephants in the room… Cough Spartan Cough, Cough Viking spear Cough

I’m not calling knights OP at all and I know that the viking spear and the spartans are a bit over the top sometimes.
    I just made an observation regarding the mace, I think it wouldn’t hurt to make it a little slower or something. It is my go-to weapon when I play a knight and I love using it. I guess I might be in the minority here, but I’d like the knight to get an armour boost.

• @B4RK:

The mace is a great weapon, but as long as you position yourself well, most enemies won’t prove very problematic, iirc.
    As for the viking and samurai spears, I’ve never met a good player who uses them. Sure, users can be a bitch to face, you might need to parry twice before getting into ass-kicking range, but I have not seen anything to warrant a nerf in the current state.

Haha, yeah right man. The viking spear is pretty rape, and the Samurai spears are just ridiculous. If you’ve never seen a good player using them, then you must have a total playtime of 5 hours.

• Well, I’ve only seen two players I can remember in DW in over 80 hours (approximately) that I deemed really good. Neither of them used spears against me. ¨¨
    Edit: Perhaps I should clarify that I pretty much only play duel in DW

• @phjillee:

I’ve been playing a lot of knight lately and I’ve noticed how wonderful the knight mace is. It’s really fast and does great damage to pretty much anyone. A thing I’ve noticed, though, is that it very easily goes around parries and shields, when doing an alternate strike (backhand). Much easier than any weapon I’ve played with, including axes, which logically should reach around blocks more effectively.

Even though it’s really fun to play with, I’ve gotten quite frustrated when playing against knights who use it, while I’m playing a viking (for example). It seems to act unlike any weapon I’ve encountered thus far.

Does anyone else share my opinion, or do you know why it’s so good at reaching around parries and shields?

I think it gets around parries and shields because you have to be pretty much right up in their face in the first place, (which makes it a little trickier to block/parry) and that Primary attacks swing in a wide arc and remember you got to turn into the blocks most of the time, I had exactly the same problems on CMW with similar weapons that are short and have a wide swing. Regarding the mace stab personaly I dont use it much because the damge is a little too poor and if I use mace I use it with a shield.

• @B4RK:

Well, I’ve only seen two players I can remember in DW in over 80 hours (approximately) that I deemed really good. Neither of them used spears against me. ¨¨
    Edit: Perhaps I should clarify that I pretty much only play duel in DW

That kind of makes things a bit different then. I play all the gamemodes, and I find the Spartan Dory, Sarissa, and the Samurai’s 2 handed spears really good for cleaning up LTS and DM games.
    Edit: Of course, that’s not to say it isn’t also fun to clean up with Viking Hammer, Ninja Claws or a Blunderbuss :P