Pretty surprised Chiv in this state for the big Holiday Steam Sale.

• +1 wont purchase any other torn banner product aswell

• 1+ /

5lvl stuck, not working weapon unlock system, and now if you bought some special helmets for real money you cant put it on your head cose there is some silly steam action and server cant comunicate with something. They are just missing in my inventory. Yes you read it right, you will buy some of those new helmets or that pack of old ones, but you cannot use it. Really joke ! ! !

MOST BUGGY GAME I EVER SEEN :( DEVS are bunch of uncompetent kids, noone comunicate with comunity and probably noone care about it…Noone answer to our mails.

They just making more steam sales and actions, but they are selling not working product.

This is not F2P game. We payed for something and we dont get it.

Maybe I should talk with my lawyer.

• +1

First and last title from torn banner for me.

• @theetompster:

words

Any real game development company would be ashamed at how long these game breaking bugs have been in effect and would be focusing ALL their efforts into hotfixing them ASAP. Instead they mess around for months on end and release patches that break more things than they fix and focus instead on DLC helmets, adding a ticker to the main menu, changing the color of their flag, and adding a new load screen. Zero time should have been spent on those things while the existing terrible bugs are still in effect. TBs priorites should be the weapon unlocks, rank unlocks and fixing the server browser before all else. Why even release a patch or have a sale when these bugs are in effect. It just seems that they don’t have the competence to fix them so they don’t even try anymore.

• Holiday season melancholia?
    I’m sorry but i haven’t had any of these problems, that’s not to say that these problems may exist, however, i don’t think these problems are cause to be so melodramatic.
    This crew (TBS) don’t have AAA backing, so maybe ease up a bit and direct your melancholia somewhere else?
    TBH even actibliz had trouble at Christmas time…given all the money they stole i’d see cause to be upset in that case, but not in this case.
    This game has given many people hundreds or thousands of hours of entertainment.
    I don’t see current problems being ongoing. Given the hundreds or hours played so far i don’t see a couple of days being a big deal.

• The beautiful thing about posts like this is the fact that Chiv has a solid 1500 players.

But then the sales happen.

The number is higher thanks to these really frequent sales. I would LOVE to see the numbers after a year, but I can’t because of the fucking sales! I’ve been keeping an eye on the numbers and it always degrades back to ~1500. I have no idea who sticks around anymore. I have no idea if people are leaving or if they’re staying. I have no idea if we’re just cycling through people.

If the game is as bad as you say, OP (and I’m not saying if it is or isn’t), TB can hide behind the numbers.

• Personally i love steam sale time XD,
    thats all i will say on this Mr Omg87

0=====(=================>

• +1
    All hope is lost.

• @giantyak:

Holiday season melancholia?
    I’m sorry but i haven’t had any of these problems,

Then please be quiet, I want all guns and higher lvl like you.
    You would say something totaly different, if you had also these problems.
    Or you will be happy, if you can using only few guns?

I like this game, but many, many of us need some foking FIX

• I keep seeing the number 1500 thrown around and it doesn’t really mean anything if I can’t find the other 1475 people when I’m actually online playing.

Since the update, the population in Duels seems to have dropped by over 50%. I play every day and since last week, I’ve found only one server with more than 10 people (West and Central NA). The majority of people I have been able to play with have all been new players. I no longer see any of the regulars any more.

• Don’t forget the broken charge attacks so all those noobs are flying at you from 50 feet away in rapid succession.

• 50 feet might be a slight exaggeration. Most of the time the distance is normal. But on a couple of occasions I’ve got passed my target and tked someone on the other side of him. And the distance is Random every time when you do it in the same place over and over. And on hillside I’ve seen people go flying into the sea without meaning too which is pretty funny.

But ranks. Who’s idea was it to change ranks. They worked mostly fine how they were after 1.2.3 and 1.2.4. Same with unlocks. Then some bright spark decided it would be a great idea to make it so you start at rank 5. Now 75% of new players can’t do anything. Can’t unlock stuff or rank up. Brilliant timing in front of 2 steam sales.

• lol You guys act like you’re surprised. This game, and how it’s treated by its creators, has been a running joke for a while now.

Torn Banner has fucked something up, usually more than a couple things, EVERY time a patch has come out. EVERY TIME. 100% There’s always something broken, always has been, and I expect always will be. Even if I put personal bias aside, the track record of this company and its products speaks for itself. It’s a near FACT, that TB doesn’t know how to fix this game.

Hell, I even had to re-register for the forums. I mean, come on… how can you not help but laugh? lol Even the forums? They just can’t help themselves.

In any case, this game turned into a casual joke in my eyes, so that’s what I play it as. I’ve actually been having lots of fun with SaFE and being a complete tard with the Sling. As far as taking this game seriously, or being shocked at how many stupid little flaws it has on a constant basis, meh. Been there, done that.

I play this game for the voice commands and troll factor. ;)

• +1

Fix stuff, then release game. It sounds basic and understandable enough but so far TB has done the exact opposite in every direction.

• @Rickvs:

+1

Fix stuff, then release game. It sounds basic and understandable enough but so far TB has done the exact opposite in every direction.

Well technically the problem is them fixing things. They release a buggy game yes like every indie company ever but when they fix these bugs they break a couple things.

They fix stuff and break other stuff. Usually fix more than they break. But this time the two things they break are massive problems. Along with three minor problems of the steam overlay not working for some, server browser not working for some as vanguard charges being between 2-10 metres.

But they fixed a boatload of bugs and doubled the framerate on a couple of maps with other big increases across the board.

• @lemonater47:

Well technically the problem is them fixing things. They release a buggy game yes like every indie company ever but when they fix these bugs they break a couple things.

They fix stuff and break other stuff. Usually fix more than they break. But this time the two things they break are massive problems. Along with three minor problems of the steam overlay not working for some, server browser not working for some as vanguard charges being between 2-10 metres.

But they fixed a boatload of bugs and doubled the framerate on a couple of maps with other big increases across the board.

True, but it doesn’t counter the bugs that have been in the game for a very, very long time.

*You don’t “gift” new players rank 5 instead of 0 only for nearly ALL of them to find out they can’t level up past 5.

*You don’t put the game on sale every chance you get only to have a vast number of players unable to find one single server.

*You don’t try to get new players to play this game when none of them can unlock weapons, despite all their best efforts.

Maybe those things are really that hard to fix. Maybe. I don’t know much about the Unreal Engine.
    But my point is that Chivalry is made with that engine and so the developers are required to have some knowledge of the Unreal Engine. At least enough to fix 1-year anniversary bugs.
    Now the forums is filled with mainly just guests that aren’t logged in and the majority of the people who make a new account on these forums do so because they’d like to know why they can’t level up or unlock weapons. I really hope TB is truly ashamed of themselves because what they did is, with some luck, create a great idea for a game that is now the ONLY sole reason it’s still being sold.

On another note though: I do in fact appreciate their best efforts at patching the game. Chivalry isn’t a very stable game so each individual has their own bugs in this game, resulting in problems impossible for the developers to reproduce and therefor fix.
    But take the black screen for example, that happened in the latest patch and (I believe) was fixed in the hotfix the other day.
    How did a game that crashes for most people, or just have a black textureless void of a level for others even get live? That must have required one serious lack of testing.

• Its not all TB’s fault , what kind of game testers did they actually have ? were the problems brought to them by the testers? In fact one is still to this day waffling on about how to change the archer or bow mechanic still arrogantly. The game testers need to be put out to pasture and tested themselves.

• I’m just mad that I can’t buy my helmets.

• @Rickvs:

True, but it doesn’t counter the bugs that have been in the game for a very, very long time.

*You don’t “gift” new players rank 5 instead of 0 only for nearly ALL of them to find out they can’t level up past 5.

*You don’t put the game on sale every chance you get only to have a vast number of players unable to find one single server.

*You don’t try to get new players to play this game when none of them can unlock weapons, despite all their best efforts.

Maybe those things are really that hard to fix. Maybe. I don’t know much about the Unreal Engine.
    But my point is that Chivalry is made with that engine and so the developers are required to have some knowledge of the Unreal Engine. At least enough to fix 1-year anniversary bugs.
    Now the forums is filled with mainly just guests that aren’t logged in and the majority of the people who make a new account on these forums do so because they’d like to know why they can’t level up or unlock weapons. I really hope TB is truly ashamed of themselves because what they did is, with some luck, create a great idea for a game that is now the ONLY sole reason it’s still being sold.

On another note though: I do in fact appreciate their best efforts at patching the game. Chivalry isn’t a very stable game so each individual has their own bugs in this game, resulting in problems impossible for the developers to reproduce and therefor fix.
    But take the black screen for example, that happened in the latest patch and (I believe) was fixed in the hotfix the other day.
    How did a game that crashes for most people, or just have a black textureless void of a level for others even get live? That must have required one serious lack of testing.

All those bugs get fixed then break again. This time ranks broke to the worst they have been becuase they messed with them for no reason.

Same with crashes.

Never heard of the black texture less bug.

And I think that word you are looking for is minority not majority. Except for ranks and unlocks.

Only thing they haven’t done for a year is a bloody ping kick. With the rest they have at least tried several times.

Its sister games suffer similar problems. Patches breaking and fixing things. But not with ranks and unlocks. In chivalry they are done in such a strange way I’ve never seen done before.

• @lemonater47:

All those bugs get fixed then break again. This time ranks broke to the worst they have been becuase they messed with them for no reason.Same with crashes.Never heard of the black texture less bug.And I think that word you are looking for is minority not majority. Except for ranks and unlocks.Only thing they haven’t done for a year is a bloody ping kick. With the rest they have at least tried several times.Its sister games suffer similar problems. Patches breaking and fixing things. But not with ranks and unlocks. In chivalry they are done in such a strange way I’ve never seen done before.

No, I’m pretty sure I mean majority. Around 60% of the new users go straight to either the Technical Help or the Bug Report section.