Pretty surprised Chiv in this state for the big Holiday Steam Sale.

• @Rickvs:

True, but it doesn’t counter the bugs that have been in the game for a very, very long time.

*You don’t “gift” new players rank 5 instead of 0 only for nearly ALL of them to find out they can’t level up past 5.

*You don’t put the game on sale every chance you get only to have a vast number of players unable to find one single server.

*You don’t try to get new players to play this game when none of them can unlock weapons, despite all their best efforts.

Maybe those things are really that hard to fix. Maybe. I don’t know much about the Unreal Engine.
    But my point is that Chivalry is made with that engine and so the developers are required to have some knowledge of the Unreal Engine. At least enough to fix 1-year anniversary bugs.
    Now the forums is filled with mainly just guests that aren’t logged in and the majority of the people who make a new account on these forums do so because they’d like to know why they can’t level up or unlock weapons. I really hope TB is truly ashamed of themselves because what they did is, with some luck, create a great idea for a game that is now the ONLY sole reason it’s still being sold.

On another note though: I do in fact appreciate their best efforts at patching the game. Chivalry isn’t a very stable game so each individual has their own bugs in this game, resulting in problems impossible for the developers to reproduce and therefor fix.
    But take the black screen for example, that happened in the latest patch and (I believe) was fixed in the hotfix the other day.
    How did a game that crashes for most people, or just have a black textureless void of a level for others even get live? That must have required one serious lack of testing.

All those bugs get fixed then break again. This time ranks broke to the worst they have been becuase they messed with them for no reason.

Same with crashes.

Never heard of the black texture less bug.

And I think that word you are looking for is minority not majority. Except for ranks and unlocks.

Only thing they haven’t done for a year is a bloody ping kick. With the rest they have at least tried several times.

Its sister games suffer similar problems. Patches breaking and fixing things. But not with ranks and unlocks. In chivalry they are done in such a strange way I’ve never seen done before.

• @lemonater47:

All those bugs get fixed then break again. This time ranks broke to the worst they have been becuase they messed with them for no reason.Same with crashes.Never heard of the black texture less bug.And I think that word you are looking for is minority not majority. Except for ranks and unlocks.Only thing they haven’t done for a year is a bloody ping kick. With the rest they have at least tried several times.Its sister games suffer similar problems. Patches breaking and fixing things. But not with ranks and unlocks. In chivalry they are done in such a strange way I’ve never seen done before.

No, I’m pretty sure I mean majority. Around 60% of the new users go straight to either the Technical Help or the Bug Report section.

• hell yea, almost all players who bought it thru steam have this problems. . .

• @Rickvs:

No, I’m pretty sure I mean majority. Around 60% of the new users go straight to either the Technical Help or the Bug Report section.

New users. Not all users. And you wouldn’t be able to get a clear number anyway.

If they didn’t decide to mess with ranks which were working it would have been fine. That’s the only reason they are coming. Before that patch ranks and unlocks were actually working.

• yeah, TBS is not going to respond or answer to any of this. why would they. they keep ripping people of with every sale.

• @LordBenedictIronclaw:

yeah, TBS is not going to respond or answer to any of this. why would they. they keep ripping people of with every sale.

Because people would rip into them and abuse them.

Also they are on their own Christmas holiday. Pfft ethics and human rights…

• @lemonater47:

Because people would rip into them and abuse them.

Good job, lemon! You just admitted that the devs are scared OF THEIR OWN PLAYERBASE.

YES.

Fucking unheard of. Pretty sure that’s a sign - knowing that your product is full of holes, but either incapable or unwilling to do anything about it! Good news is, there’s a solid flow of new players thanks to these sales. More good news, TB is openly trying to plug the holes in their product.

Nobody is questioning what they are doing, they’re questioning whether or not they can. Confidence starts from the top and so far we’ve seen very little of it in the past year. Steam users constantly reporting crashes, missing textures, animation problems, etc.

THIS IS BAD.

But at least they got money.
    The game won’t lose support due to financial problems.

@theetompster:

I keep seeing the number 1500 thrown around and it doesn’t really mean anything if I can’t find the other 1475 people when I’m actually online playing.

Since the update, the population in Duels seems to have dropped by over 50%. I play every day and since last week, I’ve found only one server with more than 10 people (West and Central NA). The majority of people I have been able to play with have all been new players. I no longer see any of the regulars any more.

People are of the opinion that duel mode sucks. I tend to agree. The game really shines in TO. Everything else is circle jerking.

I said it before, I’ll say it again. This game always had the problem of player retention. Always. But now the vets are gone and I don’t think they’ll come back without some kind of dramatic change TB is unwilling to do.

• The developers don’t get paid to be abused. And there are many people here who will do just that. People with a lack of understanding and bad tempers. Those who are immature and jump to conclusions.

You can bloody assume what they are doing. Most of the would be having a Christmas holiday. If some of them the forums they may be freaking out as ranks do not work. I don’t know the laws in Canada but in most 1st world countries by law employees have to have a minimum holiday period. So we might not see anything till January unless they go into the studio and work voluntarily unpaid.

• They get paid to make the game the best as it possibly can be with the time given to them.

It’s been a year, lemon.
    Over a year, actually.
    And you’re talking about social issues.

The community we had 6 months ago is gone because they got tired of waiting. Nobody cares they took time off for the holidays. They care about their game sucking.

• Actually they left because they patched the game if you remember.

• They care about their game sucking
    lemon

pls

• I abandoned all hope for this game after the announcement of the expansion Easiest Cashgrab.
    Can’t say I didn’t enjoy my 600 hours in Chivalry, but now its dull and I think I can wait for M&B Bannerlord.

• They do care about their game. Anyone who says otherwise is just silly.

Haters gotta hate however unreasonable.

• lemon….

pls

• You honestly think they don’t care?

• I honestly think you have no idea what you’re talking about lemon

pls

meri crimmuh

• They try to fix the game. They fix it then later they break it. Ranks and unlocks have been fixed several times but this is the worse they have been. The reason people left is because of “The patch” and slygoat doesn’t want to get rid of the bubble. And the bubble was suggested by the community. And ironically some of the people who hate the bubble suggested it.

The only year old problem they haven’t even attempted to do is an automatic ping kick. And voice chat but that seems to change every patch without them doing anything to it.

Anyway its obvious they care. But you can be mr negativity and think me an idiot all you want.

• @lemonater47:

Never heard of the black texture less bug.

Really? That was just like 1 week ago.

• @dudeface:

Really? That was just like 1 week ago.

He was banned one week ago.

• @Flippy:

He was banned one week ago.

No.

Just a holiday. After saying the words “advice from a cod player ladies and gentlemen”.

seriously though I never saw that texture issue. Not that its a big issue. And by big I mean common.

Ping kick. Now that’s something they haven’t done for over a year. Not that its a bug buts its a sorely missed feature. According to dudeface as some of the high ping players from Singapore its he Americans fault. Someone from South east Asia will get a better time playing on an Australian server with 200 ping than on a server where they have 60 ping but everyone else has 250-300 ping. And apparently they are all americans.