Can't launch Chivalry, need help to understand my log issue

• please apoligize my english, this is not my native language.

On my log file the fatal erros I have is :

Address = 0x58c2a67d (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\nvwgf2um.dll]
    Address = 0x58c28806 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\nvwgf2um.dll]
    Address = 0x58c8a659 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\nvwgf2um.dll]
    Address = 0x58c8a6f8 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\nvwgf2um.dll]
    Address = 0x58c8acc0 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\nvwgf2um.dll]
    Address = 0x58c88da6 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\nvwgf2um.dll]
    Address = 0x58b948b7 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\nvwgf2um.dll]
    Address = 0x58bf173f (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\nvwgf2um.dll]
    Address = 0x5c0161d1 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\dlumd32.dll]
    Address = 0x5c010ba4 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\dlumd32.dll]
    Address = 0x5c11d562 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\d3d11.dll]
    Address = 0x5c1003a2 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\d3d11.dll]
    Address = 0x5c1088ea (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\d3d11.dll]
    Address = 0x5c12c530 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\d3d11.dll]
    Address = 0x5c12cbdb (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\d3d11.dll]
    Address = 0x5c12c8c0 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\d3d11.dll]
    Address = 0x5c12c898 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\d3d11.dll]
    Address = 0x5c0fffe3 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\d3d11.dll]
    Address = 0x5c0f2543 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\d3d11.dll]
    Address = 0x5c0f6d6d (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\d3d11.dll]
    Address = 0x5c0f26f1 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\d3d11.dll]
    Address = 0x5c12c152 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\d3d11.dll]
    Address = 0x5c0f395f (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\d3d11.dll]
    Address = 0x5c0f345f (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\d3d11.dll]
    Address = 0x5c12c6c1 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\d3d11.dll]
    Address = 0x5c109241 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\d3d11.dll]
    Address = 0x5c161bf2 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\d3d11.dll]
    Address = 0x2398b57 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x440049 (filename not found)
    Address = 0x410049 (filename not found)
    Address = 0x470020 (filename not found)
    Address = 0x460065 (filename not found)
    Address = 0x72006f (filename not found)
    Address = 0x650063 (filename not found)
    Address = 0x470020 (filename not found)
    Address = 0x580054 (filename not found)
    Address = 0x370020 (filename not found)
    Address = 0x300037 (filename not found)
    Address = 0x300037 (filename not found)

I already try to :
    -reinstall the game.
    -reinstall directx.
    -verify the game cache from steam.
    -take all the file from my old computer.
    -launch udk.exe
    -launch the game .exe in is folder
    -update my graphic card.

Their my pc specs :

i7-4770 cpu 3.40ghz
    16 go ram
    nvidia geforce gtx 770
    window 7

If somebody know something else to do, it would be really appreaciated.

thank you

• By the looks of it. You’re missing certain .DLL Files to run the game. You can download those .DLL files at certain websites and then copy them inside the appropriate folders.
    First steps I would take would be to verify the game cache on Steam by right clicking Chivalry: Medieval Warfare and click 'properties’
    From there, go to ‘Local Files’ and click ‘Verify Game Cache’. Let that do it’s thing and it’ll most likely say that you were missing some files in which it will replace them.

-The problem with your .DLL Files missing could be your graphics driver. You might be using a too recent of a version for the game. (Newer isn’t always better). Try using an older version of your graphics drivers and try again. Hope I was of some help.

Happy Holidays!

• I just purchased it and was excited to play, but the game crashes right as I see the logo.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ajgt98o9ntuy6m1/DxDiag.txt - DxDiag
    Config: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m6gdpjruo5dfah7/Config.zip
    Logs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zmfpj1marnrkds9/Logs.zip

I looked in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfa re\UDKGame\ and could not find a specific “Config” or “Log” file. There is a config folder, but no file. I have nothing in there that says Log either. These are from another post I did when they were actually available.

I have tried all solutions on the giant list and none have worked.

• Your config and logs will be in Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame
    Try deleting your config files, for starters. The ones in your documents folder.

• I often used to take my steam folder and copy it to other computers. In the steam site under support I think, It said within the Steam folder moved to another computer you have to delete everything except for the existing folders and then reinstall steam. All the files apart from the folders are then replaced and updated for the new computer. Please try to find it in the Steam site under support.

This link might be the one :> https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7418-YUBN-8129

• That’s probably not part of the problem, but in the future if you want to copy your games to another computer (to save time on downloading) just copy the folders from “Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps”, or backup the entire “steamapps” folder. After you have installed steam on a 2nd computer, just move those folders into the new installation.

Most games are in steamapps\common[game name], although some Valve games go in steamapps[your account name]\

• Mod

@dudeface:

That’s probably not part of the problem, but in the future if you want to copy your games to another computer (to save time on downloading) just copy the folders from “Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps”, or backup the entire “steamapps” folder. After you have installed steam on a 2nd computer, just move those folders into the new installation.

Most games are in steamapps\common[game name], although some Valve games go in steamapps[your account name]\

I think if backing up the folders, you also need the appropriate manifest file from the steam directly otherwise steam will try to redownload them again.

As for the errors mentioned. If postsible can we have a complete copy of the launch.log and dxdiag output please?

If you browse to C:\Windows\system32 do you see d3d11.dll there?
    Have you copied anything from a different drive or computer? It almost looks like you have entries pointing to the wrong place?

• Oh. Yeah forgot this part. You need to “install” the game from your library, but Steam will see the data that it should be downloading already exists (it goes through a “verifying existing data” phase) and skips over it, sometimes making for a comically fast download experience. I’ve done it dozens of times without issue. So you don’t need any manifest files AFAIK.

• Hey guys, thank a lot for your reply. About now I return my PC to the shop where I buy it. I was a bit upset because also the Unreal Engine 3 doesn’t launch. I bet for a problem about the windows installation. This is a brand new PC and it was in demonstration, I believe the guys who boot it just do it really fast with less installation he can do. So I will let you know if they found a way to fix it.

Happy new year!

• I finally receive my computer and everything work perfectly :D. So the guys told me he had to uninstall all the driver from directX 9 10 11 and those from my graphic card driver and install them back manually. I hope this will help those who got some directX issue.