Came back to chiv after 4 months. …

• … and UDK.exe stopped working.

Did they shut down the game or is this some sort of bugged new build? D:

• If you haven’t yet, try verifying your game cache. If you already tried that, then what you need to do is go to c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\UDKGame__CMWSDKFiles and delete everything in that folder. Then try loading up your game and try again. You may need to verify your game cache again to be safe.

• Thats if it crashes on startup. If it crashes in game deleting things in that folder will do nothing.

• I had a similar problem as I had tweaked my INI files. If you go and delete your UDKEngine.ini and your UDKSystemSettings.ini from your C:\Users\……\Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config folder. Then do what Kimiko suggested and “verify the integrity of your game cache” (Steam Liibrary, right click on Chivalry:Medieval Warfare\Local Files tab: )and let Steam rebuild those INIs to default, that should help. You may have to run it twice just to make sure. Then launch the game. The game should run and rewrite those to files to the default settings. Then you may have to go and adjust your settings to your preferences once you are in game. Sorry but patches tend to screw up with the user INI files. Best of luck.