Question

• will there be parties for matchmaking so you can play with friends? if this is answered somewhere else i am sorry, i just found out about this game and want to buy it to play with my friends thanks.

• There is no matchmaking; the game uses dedicated servers, and you can join a server your friend is playing on through Steam.

• Ah, the console gaming generation, who forget what dedicated servers are; whom had to have match-making, who never had “Regular” server they went to.

I feel sad for them honestly. I love having a regular server with the same people on it.

• @Mkilbride:

Ah, the console gaming generation, who forget what dedicated servers are; whom had to have match-making, who never had “Regular” server they went to.

I feel sad for them honestly. I love having a regular server with the same people on it.

This

• dont be so elitist. u arent any better because u know what dedicated servers are. in fact most of the actual pc-games use matchmaking.

• It doesn’t make you any better that you know what a dedicated server is, but I do agree it’s far more enjoyable that way.

• @Vyy:

dont be so elitist. u arent any better because u know what dedicated servers are. in fact most of the actual pc-games use matchmaking.

most of the actual pc-games use matchmaking.

most of the actual pc-games use matchmaking.

MOST

• most. and? what about it?

• Matchmaking? What’s the meaning of this?

You join a server and have your match…

• I don’t think I own a game with matchmaking, apart from Left 4 Dead.

• Seriously, what does match-making refer to?
    Do you press a “make match” button und the game will look for players who are equally skilled or something?

Sounds strange, why would you want this?

• No, he wants a button that he can hit, say

“Join Random game”

Where it just puts him in a random server. But he wants the ability for all of his buddies to join this random server as well.

Nothing elitist about it, Dedicated servers rock, match-making works for consoles and certain MMORPG’s, but keep it out of FPS please.

• I don’t think match making is bad, I just don’t see the point when you can scroll through all the servers at a mouse wheel turn.

Consoles though… Going clickclickclick on my joystick would be annoying when searching games.

• @Blindga:

I don’t think match making is bad, I just don’t see the point when you can scroll through all the servers at a mouse wheel turn.

Yeah, me neither. In a server list you can see how many players there are, which map is playing, how the ping is. Why would I want to join a random server I know nothing about?