Torn Banner, Please Talk to Us.

• You guys never talk anymore. I don’t know why, talking and communicating with your player base is very important as a developer, especially as an indie developer. We want to talk. We want to help. We want to understand. We just want to be friends.

Right now these are the reasons people think you’re not talking to us.

#1: You no longer care about communication at all. And/or you’ve given up and decided to not tell us so we’d stick around.
    #2: You’re scared of us. You’re afraid that if you make a post you’ll get flamed. (Which would not happen, at all. (Warsaw might, but you can ignore him)
    #3: You don’t want to admit your mistakes. You don’t want to come on here and say “We fucked up, we’re sorry.”

Those are the three main reasons we think you’re not communicating. I really hope it’s not the first option.

I can understand not wanting to be social butterflies, but you guys don’t even make posts to help people with problems. I’ve seen dozens of new people asking for help on the forums about their weapons and rank progress resetting, or their black textures, or bad framerate. We can, and we’ve tried to help these people ourselves but there’s only so much we can do. The least you could do is tell these people “Hey, we’re aware of the issues and are working on them.” Or “We don’t know what’s causing these problems, we’re investigating it.”

Don’t give us the “we’re too busy” excuse. It only takes a few minutes to log in to the forums, and make a post. Especially now that you guys are taking some time off during the holidays. This is the perfect time to sit at your computers with some coffee and make some posts.

Also more developer blogs! That first one was great and you delivered on your promises! (except for the crashing and bugged textures and what-not. And the ranks and weapons being completely broken. Baby steps TB.)

Please don’t be option 1. Please don’t leave us to the peasants ;_;

• I won’t give any reasons why things are the way they are in terms of communication, but right now is the holiday season and this is the time where Torn Banner is taking a much needed vacation. While I can understand you’d want some answers, most are out of town - going back home to visit family and what not, so they won’t be on here to answer anything. Hopefully with the new year, some changes will be made and we’ll see some more communication that was the core of Torn Banner’s past.

Cheers and Happy holidays! :)

• @Kimiko:

I won’t give any reasons why things are the way they are in terms of communication,

This makes me think it’s option 1. ;___;

• @Flippy:

This makes me think it’s option 1. ;___;

Cos you’re a pessimist. If you read kimiko’s post past that line she lied about not communicating as she just did. New year they are gonna at least try to do something about this silence. Also she had a reason why there hasn’t been anything at all in the last few days as they are away. And probably away until the 14th of January tops. Most likely around the 6th or something. Depending on laws and stuff.

Read and use your noggin. Don’t think worst case scenario. Which is the the first thing to come into people’s heads. Human nature. An old survival instinct with life and death scenarios.

Now if torn banner made all its employees slaves they wouldn’t need to give them holidays. And they would live in the studio and work 18 hour days. We would get the best game.

• @lemonater47:

Cos you’re a pessimist. If you read kimiko’s post past that line she lied about not communicating as she just did. New year they are gonna at least try to do something about this silence. Also she had a reason why there hasn’t been anything at all in the last few days as they are away. And probably away until the 14th of January tops. Most likely around the 6th or something. Depending on laws and stuff.

Read and use your noggin. Don’t think worst case scenario. Which is the the first thing to come into people’s heads. Human nature. An old survival instinct with life and death scenarios.

Now if torn banner made all its employees slaves they wouldn’t need to give them holidays. And they would live in the studio and work 18 hour days. We would get the best game.

I swear to god Lemon, you’re just not a fun person to be around. They haven’t been communicating, at all, for months now. The only form of communication they gave was that blog, which was great. Except after that (and most of the time before that) they went/were dark. You expect me to be optimistic with their track record + the silence? Get outta here. I don’t care about the last few days, I get it, they’re all taking vacations. Fine. But they were quiet before that for a long, long time.

The only reasons that they would be that silent is either they don’t/didn’t care anymore, something’s wrong, or they’re preparing some big surprise. Now considering their track record I’m leaning more towards those first two. Of course there are those other 2 options but I think those are pretty unlikely.

So what was the purpose of that whole post Lemon, to just point out I’m a pessimist? Did I ever say I wasn’t a pessimist? Of course I’m going to think worse case scenario when it’s the most likely scenario. A logical pessimist, or a blind optimist? I’ll take #1.

• Never said they were talking. In fact I used the word silence. But you didn’t read what I said or what kimiko said. Read and think. The part where she said they will see how to make communication “Better”. When kimiko “communicated”.

And what would you want them to say? Harder than you think to do. That’s why they Hire PR people. Even they get it wrong. Torn banner doesn’t really have any fully trained PR people I don’t think. Though I don’t know what kimiko is qualified at all. She started out as a moderator according to the forums. But forums aren’t exactly places where you find accurate information.

I bet you number 1 is not the case. Worst case scenario is never the most common. Never has been. Not even with EA. Honestly very simple logic of yours if you ask me. And there are many other possibilities.

Neither optimist or pessimist. Its called neutral. Keep all emotion out of it. You’re frustrated with me. Many people get frustrated. I hardly do. Unless someone brings post count into a discussion.

If you were torn banner what would you say?

• @lemonater47:

If you were torn banner what would you say?

Now I know you didn’t read my posts, at all. Check this out.

The least you could do is tell these people “Hey, we’re aware of the issues and are working on them.” Or “We don’t know what’s causing these problems, we’re investigating it.”

I’m not going to take anything you say in this thread seriously anymore, since now I know you’re not even bothering to read the posts fully.

• We have enough bs from the Dev team tbh. I can only imagine they don’t have a real older guy in the team. An experienced egg who knows how to communicate and pays attention to the small details hehe. Such as Christmas cards either messages , banners or electronic emails. The reason they don 't talk is perhaps a good old pr person is needed. Some one with interpersonal skills in this cruel world we live in. This was imo an ongoing problem from leaving kickstart. The comms just died on an interpersonal level, Yes it was very alive on kickstart site if you look back. What we don’t need is Mr Lemon endlessly annoying Posters to compound the problems and antagonise quite a few people just for the sake of making posts 24/7 in some fruit machine mentality :)

• What we don’t need is Mr Lemon endlessly annoying Posters to compound the problems and antagonise quite a few people just for the sake of making posts 24/7 in some fruit machine mentality :)

THANK YOU.

• @Flippy:

Now I know you didn’t read my posts, at all. Check this out.

I’m not going to take anything you say in this thread seriously anymore, since now I know you’re not even bothering to read the posts fully.

The power of assuming. What do you think they are doing while at work??? Having a tea party? They are doing something. As as long as they are doing something its fine. You don’t need them to say that they are doing something. We know that. You know that. “Oh we work on the game while we are at work” No shit its their job. In fact the devs have been asking for information with problems. When people have posted they have a bug the devs have asked for certain information. I think you can pretty well get a clear picture as to what they are doing. People will be asking for actual images of them working next. There’s already enough evidence that they are working on fixing issues. The path that fixed stuff is another indicator. And current ranks is their biggest problem that they have ever had. Its actually game breaking and its on a massive scale. Bubble isn’t game breaking though horrible. Being unable to rank up and unlock things is. I think you can kinda assume that when they come back from their holiday they will do something about it. They may even be freaked out about it enough to go to work earlier unpaid.

Then again its all in the mind. Reinforcement. Some people Gotta be 100% sure. That’s what PR is. All mind games. People have stopped thinking by themselves and let other people think for them. PR teams take advantage of it. So do reviewers of games and films.

And what’s to stop people from crying BS? There are the really big pessimists out there.

Really though. “we are fixing problems”, now EA and stuff say things like that. Who believes them. No one. Even though they are and you could have assumed so in the first place. Not the best thing to say going by “track record” either.

• You keep throwing that word pessimist around but try to remember these are paying consumers who purchased a product. Not people in a work situation. Waiting for that promotion or job satisfaction is for the optimist. There is nothing worse then a consumer who after opening his/her product , then finds it faulty. Or not living up to the Hype in the advertising. They will off course flock in thousands to complain. Please Note In the UK on the BBC news site, a game publisher’s Game was in fact taken off steam and shelved for good. A cricket game of some sort. People only care about Tangible Results that benefit them.

Nothing else cuts the mustard. If they receive a personal email explaining things will get better your not forgotten, often that is enough to satisfy most consumers. Knowing they are not forgotten. It gives them an optimistic hope. Next year will be a good year for TB , that is my optimistic view tbh.

• @lemonater47:

Cos you’re a pessimist. If you read kimiko’s post past that line she lied about not communicating as she just did. New year they are gonna at least try to do something about this silence.

Kimiko did not lie.

She does not work for TB anymore and does not have any idea what their communication plan will be, if any.

Please do not make up stuff to refute other posters.

• I dont even know why you guys still waste your time with reading lemonnaters posts

just skip them, hes fullretard no matter what lol

• @loin:

You keep throwing that word pessimist around but try to remember these are paying consumers who purchased a product. Not people in a work situation. Waiting for that promotion or job satisfaction is for the optimist. There is nothing worse then a consumer who after opening his/her product , then finds it faulty. Or not living up to the Hype in the advertising. They will off course flock in thousands to complain. Please Note In the UK on the BBC news site, a game publisher’s Game was in fact taken off steam and shelved for good. A cricket game of some sort. People only care about Tangible Results that benefit them.

Nothing else cuts the mustard. If they receive a personal email explaining things will get better your not forgotten, often that is enough to satisfy most consumers. Knowing they are not forgotten. It gives them an optimistic hope. Next year will be a good year for TB , that is my optimistic view tbh.

Welcome to the gaming industry.

Honestly though. What flippy wanted them to say. Many companies say that and no one believes them. And its sorta of easy to guess that they are doing what they said. You don’t need someone to tell you they are fixing bugs. You can see they are.

And kimiko is the community manager now calling herself liaison which is essentially the same thing. She’s sort of the one who does all the communication. So I think she sorta knows what’s going on. The liaison between torn banner and the community.

Apparently full retard is thinking for myself instead of letting other people think for me.

• She is no longer a TB employee I think.

• You can be a community manager and not be an employee. Liaison is no different. You still know what’s going on.

• @lemonater47:

And kimiko is the community manager now calling herself liaison which is essentially the same thing. She’s sort of the one who does all the communication. So I think she sorta knows what’s going on. The liaison between torn banner and the community.

When she was with TB she didn’t know what was going on due to being in a different country, so was unable to provide communication.

Do you think this will improve now she is no longer with TB?

@lemonater47:

Apparently full retard is thinking for myself instead of letting other people think for me.

I think Crushed was referring to the lack of ability to use simple logic.

• Wow indeed TB can’t get a word in as Mr Lemon according to some quick maths has posted near 124 posts a week…?? what would a pessimist say to that ? An optimist might think an end could be in sight. I think the bugs are a welcome change from your seemingly endless need to just dribble over every post ever made by anyone and everyone. I have concluded you are in fact amusing although some might not share my view and take a contract hit out on me. :)

• Pessimism leads to rumours which leads to false information spread around the place. Optimism leads to bad choices being made.

Thinking about all possibilities and using the evidence on the forums is better. So you don’t need torn banner to tell you they are fixing bugs. If you looked around the forums before the holidays you could see that they wanted info for bugs an stuff. And where they were focusing on DW. So highly likely the next large patch they do is DW focused. Though they will probably do something about ranks before that if they aren’t stupid. And I don’t think anyone is stupid.

People like Retsnom and Warsaw are people who think for themselves and use the evidence around them. Though with the bubble Retsnom didn’t have enough evidence to begin with. Though they aren’t the best examples because of their tempers. But they are who they are. But I don’t blame them. They get very frustrated at people who aren’t thinking properly.

Torn banner did Friday updates. Though its very hard to write a large post every week. Unless you repeat yourself. You run out of things to say.

And compared to other companies even indie companies after this long they have a similar amount of communication. No one complains there. Most developers give you patch noted and that’s the extent of communication.

• Hey guys, let’s play a game called Ignore the Lemon. The rules are very simple. You can not reply, refer to, or even mention in any way any of his posts or his person. If nobody ever replies to him, he just might go away.

Let’s start the game now.

So what do you guys think of TB’s communication? I HOPE it will improve, but honestly I don’t think it will.