Are french players the nicest to play with?

• Somehow I get this feeling.

Whenever I play against french people, they seem to be much nicer than all the rest of the EU. English people and Germans seem to be the worst somehow… They flame when they’re bad and they’re arrogant when they’re good (not ALL of course).

But the french people (even though the f*cking annoy me on the Autobahn) mostly seem to be able to take a defeat and respect those that killed them or have been killed by them.

I’m not racist or something. I’m a German myself (and begin to hate my countrymen more and more to be honest).

But it’s somewhat interesting to me.

Do you have similar thoughs?

• No, because I’m not xenophobic. Who cares where people are from.

• When I used to play CS:S french servers were, for the most part, full of assholes. It was weird.

• @dudeface:

When I used to play CS:S french servers were, for the most part, full of assholes. It was weird.

What nationality have to do with people being assholes? Trust me, there are assholes everywhere.

• Did I say that assholes do not exist elsewhere?

• I’m English, and nice as FUCK! The Bastard part of my name is ironic. Seriously though, weird question to ask. Almost like it’s a deliberately divisive troll post? ;)

• @Harry:

I’m English, and nice as FUCK! The Bastard part of my name is ironic. Seriously though, weird question to ask. Almost like it’s a deliberately divisive troll post? ;)

Well as I said. Not ALL.
    I’m a German and I’m nice too. Well lately I’m blaming my mouse all the time… And somehow the sometimes not working combos…
    But that’s just because my fucking gamingmouse is broken :( Maybe I can get one tomorrow.

@ Dudeface, You’re pretty right. Assholes are pretty much everywhere. But it’s also true that different nationalities have different behavior in some things. Maybe it’s my all German genes that make me rage when my team is too lazy to do the objective, for example. 'Cause we Germans are a nation that “loves to work”. There is true stuff in that phrase. We Germans mostly work for the future. Actually, I don’t like that… I like my work, too, but I’m living now… I wish my family would do too… :/

Well back to topic: Of course I’ve also seen lots of butthurt and arrogant frenches, but most of those I met were nice. I mean… In-game… Those that I met in Reallife seemed to be all-day-horny wannabe-gangsters who think they’re cool with their kitchenknifes.
    But I guess we got people like these in every country.

• @Peter:

@ Dudeface, You’re pretty right. Assholes are pretty much everywhere. But it’s also true that different nationalities have different behavior in some things. Maybe it’s my all German genes that make me rage when my team is too lazy to do the objective, for example. 'Cause we Germans are a nation that “loves to work”. There is true stuff in that phrase. We Germans mostly work for the future. Actually, I don’t like that… I like my work, too, but I’m living now… I wish my family would do too… :/

That’s just stereotype.

• @Peter:

But the french people mostly seem to be able to take a defeat and respect those that killed them

Because they are used to it.

• @gregcau:

Because they are used to it.

#shotsfired

• French are just the easiest to spot nationality because they often take pride in frenchness and using the french language. In comparison the German people who take pride in their nationality and language have a much higher jerkass ratio.

• Most Germans learned that being proud of your nationality is retarded

• Well, what’s the point to such a topic ?
    We all are from earth…
    But to respond, I am french, and try to roleplay all the time, do not take the game too seriously, respect people and I do the effort to speak english on no FR serv…
    But I barely agree with the author post, French are not nicer than other countries… I often see Fr trolls, being dicks… That ashames me a bit, but as said before, there are dicks in every country and games.
    In the other hand i’ve met tons of good and very nice players, from all EU, last in date was someone from Macedonia, we had an incredible fun time n that new duel mod map, Chiv+.

So, yeah.

• @afiNity:

Most Germans learned that being proud of your nationality is retarded

If only… Still many Nazis over here…

• Global Moderator

NZers and Australians don’t like each other much. Yet its a great place to play. Sheep shaggers and people who think sex is a number who do underarm bowls in cricket.

• I must say when the EU’s come to the NA servers they are real assholes. It’s like all they say is “Haha fat Americans are mad because of my ping.” I would assume they’re English since their English is good.

• Global Moderator

@Flippy:

I must say when the EU’s come to the NA servers they are real assholes. It’s like all they say is “Haha fat Americans are mad because of my ping.” I would assume they’re English since their English is good.

Many Europeans speak English better than English people.

• @lemonater47:

Many Europeans speak English better than English people.

Ignorance is bliss.

• @gregcau:

Ignorance is bliss.

GREG YOU BROKE THE RULE “Never reply to him or his person.” Greg I thought you’d be strong enough ;_;

• @Flippy:

GREG YOU BROKE THE RULE “Never reply to him or his person.” Greg I thought you’d be strong enough ;_;

He took the bait.