First game ever IP banned off official server

• So I was playing my first game ever after completing the tutorials. I was trying my hardest to kill the enemy team. About 15 minutes in I see a vote to kick popped up on my screen with my name on it. It says I did 26% damage to my own teammates. I think that’s perfectly reasonable considering it was my first time playing and the combat is often just a big cluster of people in this game. But the vote passes and I get the message that I’m IP banned from the server when I try to rejoin it.

Sorry, but you lost a customer right there. I’ve already uninstalled this game and I will not buy another torn banner game in the future. I also won’t be visiting these forums again so assume I won’t see you replies.

Thanks for an awful experience.

• For 5 minutes, votekicks only last for 5 minutes. And you found a server full of arseholes.not torn banners fault that the community sucks in certain places.

Dont kick the rank 5s you fools.

• @Shillen:

I’ve already uninstalled this game and I will not buy another torn banner game in the future. I also won’t be visiting these forums again so assume I won’t see you replies.

I couldn’t help but chuckle at this.

• He’ll be back. You don’t make a rage post to never look at it again.

• @lemonater47:

Dont kick the rank 5s you fools.

I’ll absolutely votekick the rank 5s who do nothing but sit in my spawn and TK everyone and ignore the chat box.

• Ahahahahahahahahaha.

• @SOC:

I’ll absolutely votekick the rank 5s who do nothing but sit in my spawn and TK everyone and ignore the chat box.

This.
    Rank 5 or 50, if you’re ruining my experience then I’m startin’ a votekick.

• If you are in the US you are screwed until you get good as they are the worst with no patience who kick you becuase you are new. Its evident here with the lack of sympathy.

Then they complain about player numbers dropping.

Retards.

Move countries to somewhere where you can play on oceanic servers. 90% of unreasonable kicks end as a no and there are admins who will cancel the votekicks when they appear and threaten those that do it.

Though 26% team damage is a tad high. That’s 1/4 of your hits. In fact it could be 1/2 of your hits as you deal 50% damage to your team mates. Always say sorry. As even if a kick appears saying sorry reduces the amount of yesses against you.

This guy wasn’t someone standing in spawn mashing LMB. This guy was trying to play.

• HI-HI-HI-HEEEEEEEEEEH!! :DD

• @lemonater47:

This guy wasn’t someone standing in spawn mashing LMB. This guy was trying to play.

This game ain’t for everyone.

• Well, they got your monies, aye?

• Ain’t for impatient bastards who can’t use their words. Yet all hey do is forcefully remove their problems and they stay.

I try and make it for everyone. And everyone else on the server isn’t stupid. They see a vote against a rank 5 and they vote no. Becuase he’s playing the game like you or me. People here have understanding. I hardly need to play admin as people are well behaved and sensible when it comes to votekicks.

Hes not breaking any rules. All you gotta do is hell at him to not swing near team mates or use the scroll wheel more. If they say fuck you and keep teamkilling by being careless then by all means kick them. But some of them do listen. And they do change. And “everyone” is happy.

Otherwise this his game is no better than call of duty. And here it ain’t the kids ruining it.

• As it is, OP. Even though you would hit every 3/4 enemies, what about that 1/4 teammate? It’s extremely tedious to wait to heal because your teammate whacked you with the Greatsword/Longsword, and even more frustrating when your teammate kills you because he’s being careless.

Lemon, it only takes five seconds to read in chat “stop spamming lmb” and try the much more valuable stabs and overheads. I learned in the first 10 minutes of playing this game. I also understood the very basic concept that blue is a different color than red and vice versa, which seems to plague every vanguard and messer knight with the exception of like…10 guys NA. And don’t give me that color blindness nonsense. The only people who would have that issue are tritanopes and true color blindness, which both are the rarest of the color blindness spectrum.

and the combat is often just a big cluster of people in this game.

This is also disconcerting. This is implying the OP is just swinging randomly and hitting whatever happens to be in his zone. You have to intentionally aim overheads and stabs to hit your teammates unless that 1/100 chance your teammate runs in front of your attack between you and your opponent because hurrrr.

• I’m sorry you feel that way about the game.

The more you play the game, the more you learn instead of thinking it’s just a cluster of swinging, although sometimes with new players, it can be. However, I’m not entirely sure if the server you were on was an actual official server but if you were votekicked, it only lasts for 5 minutes.

Hopefully that won’t continue to give you a distaste for the game. Maybe you can pick it back up and give it another go.

With that said, there isn’t much left here to be said.