Damage inconsistencies

• Anyone else experienced attacks that don’t do the right amount of damage? I’ve had it where my Norse Sword does 3 overheads to the head/chest region and 1 stab to the chest just to kill a MaA. None were leg shots, but I was still seeing the blood splash from hit and hearing the enemy pain cry sound from being hit.

I asked the guy afterwards what was happening for him but he didn’t really know what I was talking about, so I’m not sure whether it was even doing damage.

Happened again with Knight using a Messer, took 5 Messer Slashes/Overheads just to kill a Vanguard. At first I thought it might just be me but then I saw someone else complaining about it in chat so I think the problem is a little more widespread than I thought.

Anyone else experienced this with new patch?

• Nope. That stuff has happened to me before but I think it’s just because I was aiming at the pelvis and was just aiming a bit too low so I hit the legs.

• Someone raised this issue a while ago. It was doing leg hit damage when it wasn’t hitting the legs.

• I don’t have this problem. Instead of doing less damage my sword just passes right through someone harmlessly.

• Yeah I just posted a rant about no damage, specially with pole arm stabs going right through and parries being totally worthless since 75%+ attacks go right through it. I am seriously about done with this game.

• I’m pretty sure hitzones are fucked up since one of those patches that came out in early 2013. Often when I visually hit the head of someone I don’t which wasn’t the case on release.

• Not at all, in fact I’m doing far more damage than I used to because I think the hitbox for the head is much bigger now. My longsword is 3 shotting knights and 2 shotting vanguards like the good old days. <3

• I’ve had this issue a few times. Most recently, I hit a vanguard with a greatsword overhead three times, two stabs, and, an LMB, before he died. At that point it shouldn’t matter where I’ve hit the target.

• Well sometimes my sword seems to be a ghostsword. The enemy doesn’t get any damage. Sometimes it appears that the greatsword needs 5 overheads to kill an archer. Sometimes it appears, that the norsesword onehits a vanguard…

Only happened to me on one server I think…

• I got no problems at all during melee combat, but during archering the heads hitbox is around the neck/upper chest area. Guess it’s the same in melee thought but as your hit goes through the head and down to that area you might not notice it. might also be the reason why it looks like you hit someone in melee sometimes but yet he’s not even taking damage, just because his head isn’t his real head.

• I have recorded a duel where it took me 3 overheads and 3 stabs to kill a knight using longsword. According to the weapon spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc … a1E#gid=77 this shouldn’t be possible even if all the hits were leg hits.

• In duels when the other player is afk i’ll go and test over head with the longsword 1h and shield and it takes 3 overhead hits to the head to kill a knight….
    Also, it takes 4 stabs in the face with the longsword 1h and shield to kill a knight apparently.

• @Jonasi:

I have recorded a duel where it took me 3 overheads and 3 stabs to kill a knight using longsword. According to the weapon spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc … a1E#gid=77 this shouldn’t be possible even if all the hits were leg hits.

Why don’t you link us the video?

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Why don’t you link us the video?

http://youtu.be/OCIe6rJ86V8

• @Jonasi:

http://youtu.be/OCIe6rJ86V8

That’s pretty fucked eh. Anybody know when the Devs get back?

• It may be possible that your opponent was regenerating his health in the middle of the fight since he never sprinted and there were a couple of lapses in the fight. Plus the HTK on the LS is horrible, so he may have regenned just enough to survive one or two more hits. I’m not sure though, all I know is that something like this has never happened to me.

• @Flippy:

It may be possible that your opponent was regenerating his health in the middle of the fight since he never sprinted and there were a couple of lapses in the fight. Plus the HTK on the LS is horrible, so he may have regenned just enough to survive one or two more hits. I’m not sure though, all I know is that something like this has never happened to me.

You can’t regen whilst attacking and defending, even if you are walking. Those lapses are very short too, so I highly doubt he reaches the no-combat time needed for regen to kick in anyway. Pretty sure what’s happening is exactly what everyone is talking about.

• I was fighting a low skilled MaA the other day in a duel. I was doing the ol’ parry/riposte and hit 6-7 times. This was yesterday. I’ve seen a few other questionable instances, but nothing quite as obvious as this.

In the previous patch I know I was hit with a maul once with 0 health remaining and didn’t die. I heard the crack, saw the screen shake, etc. but did not die with 0 health. I’m not sure this is an entirely new problem.