HOW TO: Feinting and Parrying on Right mouse button

• EDIT: Rewritten the guide to make it more clear…

As some of you may know, this was already suggested and is in development.

However, it is already possible to do this by yourself, and it is very easy and not illegal.

1. Download small and free program Mouse Raider 1.0 from http://mouseraider.homepage.t-online.de/

2. Extract it and run it. Click on “Change setting” and set “start/stop Mouse Raider Hotkey” to “/” on Numpad. Set “Button 2” to “-” key on Numpad). After You are done, click on “Change setting” again.

NOTE: Leave program running at all times while you play Chivalry.

3. Run the game and set your Parry key to “-”, and set Feint key to Right Mouse Button.

4. Press Hotkey which we earlier set to “/” on Numpad to enable Mouse Raider.

Enjoy…

• Nice, thanks for the short guide!
    When I get home from work I will try that.

• Thank you! Gonna try it out

• Does RMB still have the option to block after this? ;)

• @sadnhappy:

Does RMB still have the option to block after this? ;)

Yes.

If weapon is attacking, first click of RMB will do feint, second one will do Block.

Without an attack, pressing RMB will just block.

• Warning: the file appears to contain a virus

• @Siegbert:

Warning: the file appears to contain a virus

It’s a false positive… Any program that has anything to do with input emulation will cause false alarm on most antiviruses.

Kaspersky detects it as “PDM.Invader (loader)” which, if you google it, you will see that it is a false positive.

• Crossbow reload could also be on M2.

• I have an autohotkey script I use to do the same thing.

*rbutton::send {rbutton}q
    return

• This is great, just started testing this out and once you get used to it it’s so much better. I’m actually not sure why they don’t have it working like this anyway much more intuitive this way.

• This is getting in to one of those fairly ambiguous areas of legitimacy.

• Okay, I’ve tried it. Works great! But now they nerfed the stamina to a point you can barely do a couple of feinted swings. If you run out of stamina your feinting is broken.

• Great stuff. Playing Warband/cRPG for years and with this tweak I have same feinting and parrying feeling like in Warband.

• So, you still can’t set parry+feint to the same button by default, can you? Is this something you are still working on?

• This makes the controls feel a lot more intuitive and is really how it should’ve been designed from the beginning.

• @Siegbert:

So, you still can’t set parry+feint to the same button by default, can you? Is this something you are still working on?

The ability to bind keys in general is being improved for the next patch I believe; not sure if multiple binds to a single key is being worked on specifically, though.

• That should really be considered as I’m helping myself with this Mouse Raider tool for quite a while now and it’s great. Wouldn’t want to have it any different.

• would love to see RMB directional attack one day! 3 buttons attack don`t cut it for me… :(

• Oh, block to feint specifically is being worked on I believe, I should’ve clarified that - not sure about binding multiple actions to a single key in general though.

• @DeusVult:

would love to see RMB directional attack one day! 3 buttons attack don`t cut it for me… :(

I had the same feeling in the start, but now I actually like it like it is atm. It seems easier for me to do overhead attacks and not kill of my righthandside teammat when we are ganging up on the last straggler : )