Strange fps drops after the patch

• Has anyone else been having this after the patch? I just play the game and after a while my fps suddenly drops to about 15-20. It usually lasts about 20 seconds and then my fps goes back up to 60 again and then the process just repeats itself.

I tried messing around with the video settings but that doesn’t seem to fix it.

• I got a nice fps boost to be honest.
    It’s quite weird :/ I don’t know if I know any advice… Maybe You were playing on a weird server? I get low fps on multiplay servers.

• I have had a lot of hitching on some servers since the patch. It is like a hickup or some strange short term lag yet my ping is low and solid.

• When I get this I usually glance at the players pings and often some very high pingers have joined. Could it be the server trying to adjust to the players as they join? A few 250 pings and higher can really start to effect things if more join.

• No, my FPS has dramatically improved since this patch. I’ve yet to experience worse performance in nay situation so far.

• @loin:

When I get this I usually glance at the players pings and often some very high pingers have joined. Could it be the server trying to adjust to the players as they join? A few 250 pings and higher can really start to effect things if more join.

Well high pingers have always made me want to kick them… They cause lag for everyone if their ping is very high and if their ping is not THAT high, like 100+, then they teleport around, ignore hits, etc… Annoying…