Join by IP? Stat NET?

• “open” console command doesn’t seem to work. It’s supposed to connect you to the specific ip, i.e. open 94.75.192.199:27145

“Stat NET” doesn’t work either, how am I supposed to see my ping in duel mode? Thx.

• ANYONE? How am I supposed to play with friends if Steam’s “Join game” doesn’t work and the console command doesn’t work either?

• This post is deleted!

• Depends on the problem.

Steam’s “Join game” doesn’t work because it’s unable to determine the server you’re on. It’ll always say “Game status is unavailable” or something if your friend is in a server.
    Next up; I believe the “Create game” is for LAN purposes only, assuming that’s where your friend is if you’re trying to join by IP.

What do you mean by: the “open” console command doesn’t work?
    Again, “Create game” is for LAN I believe so I’m not sure whether or not this is accessible by entering an extern IP. Other than that the ‘open’ command should work fine as long as you include the port.

Please note that there are loads and loads of issues regarding server connection with any game, so you’ll have to be a bit more detailed than this, sorry.

Also, this shows how to find your ping in duel mode(although a shortcut would be useful):
    http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/17530-Figured-out-a-way-to-find-ping-in-duel-servers?highlight=duel+ping

–-
    BTW, if you just want to have a game with friends you’re better off either
    1)Using the dedicated server files to make a password-protected server.(make sure you forward your ports correctly)
    or
    2)Find an empty server and tell your friends to join that one(they can find it in the server browser at the ‘friends’ tab). Don’t be a dick though; when strangers join just politely ask them to leave if you want them to, don’t votekick.

If the whole problem was that you couldn’t find the server your friend is at then like stated above you can find them at the ‘friends’ tab in the server browser. You don’t need to use the console or anything.

• @Xpacer:

ANYONE? How am I supposed to play with friends if Steam’s “Join game” doesn’t work and the console command doesn’t work either?

Friends tab in server browser?

• Friends tab doesn’t work. “Open” command doesn’t work on dedicated servers other people run and yes I included the port, I press enter and nothing happens.

• @Xpacer:

Friends tab doesn’t work. “Open” command doesn’t work on dedicated servers other people run and yes I included the port, I press enter and nothing happens.

Friends tab works fine for everyone else. Verify game cache?

• @Flippy:

Friends tab works fine for everyone else. Verify game cache?

I guess that’s my crappy network’s fault then. What about Stat NET then? I always had net graph on in Source or Quake games.

• doesn’t the command “stat fps” shows fps and ping?