CMW 2014 expectations

• So CMW is going strong, perhaps even sneaking up on Mount and Blade.

Certainly not due to forum participation by the devs lol.

So what does 2014 hold for us?

Personally I hope no more changes to “balance” or “mechanics”, the competitive scene is already dead and that is probably a good thing for sales and the rank 5’s - omg half of the server population are rank 5 lol.

Bug fixes sure, there are some glaring others like not showing number of players left in LTS.

But what I think will keep the high number of concurrent players going is TO maps. I wouldn’t even bother adding it to DW, that game is a slash fest, fun but nothing that keeps you playing long term (and no Slygoat the combat is not better in DW, don’t you dare migrate that combat to CMW).

Ok back to TO maps.

Map design competition would go a long way. There is so much potential with a great TO map.

• tactical map where an organized team can gain the advantage
    • lots of interactive features to use to attack and defend
    • channel players to encourage one-on-one fights
    • etc.

Unfortunately as suspected the custom servers and maps are really not taking off. So we need to get TO maps into the main game. If we design them TB can implement them in 10% of the time.

We already know that 60% of the players would pay for DLC new TO maps - why not take advantage of that.

Fuck we paid $25 for a great game, what is another $5 for another map.

• I -want- balance and mechanic changes. I’m sick of the claymore and archers and MaAs, I’m sick of stamina and recovery parry.

• I bought this recently so please, tell me: why is competetive scene dead?

• New map(s) Team Objective
    Balance/Mechanics changes
    Ping Kick
    Outright fixes of bugs
    Bugs that stay dead
    Fix to shitty animations or making desyncs a much less common thing
    Scrapping parry in recovery
    Better interface (choosing teams, selecting weapons, personal stats, etc)

• @DokB:

New map(s) Team Objective
    Ping Kick
    Outright fixes of bugs
    Bugs that stay dead

I feel this is a very good path TB should follow in the coming year. I would personally make balance/mechanic changes first before maps. Ya know, make the core of the game solid. But that’s just my preference.

• I want new cool maps, I don’t even care if I have to pay for them, I freaking love Chivalry.

Haoppy new years, everyonem yeh.

• I want TB to reopen communication. This blackout is really awful. Any form of news or information was great for keeping me interested in Chivalry. The silence has not given me anything to look forward to. I want to look forward to something. Remember when they dropped hints of an expansion? That kept me interested, even though the expansion was not what I imagined. Just the hints and information slips from Sly were really nice.

That dev blog #1 from Tom Banana, having Tibbers talk was an excellent start to reopening the communication channels.

• @gregcau:

CMW 2014 expectations

None.

char.zip

• You’re not taking into account the sheer volume of copies they sell during these stupid $5 steam sales. It’s all super casual people who don’t really give a shit about the game, and subsequently stop playing when they realize how much of a broken unsupported mess both MW and DW are in right now…

player retention is the bigger concern, which is abysmal…

But hey, don’t forget to buy your DLC helmets, that’s more important than the game working properly.

• @Gauntlet:

I want TB to reopen communication. This blackout is really awful. Any form of news or information was great for keeping me interested in Chivalry. The silence has not given me anything to look forward to. I want to look forward to something. Remember when they dropped hints of an expansion? That kept me interested, even though the expansion was not what I imagined. Just the hints and information slips from Sly were really nice.

I got in trouble for that :(

• I would like an update that allows us to level up and unlock items.

• @Enigma:

I would like an update that allows us to level up and unlock items.

That is asking a bit much.

• that moment when you realize most warband players play on the non steam version

expectations ? Bannerlord :D

• Bannerlord might be awesome.

• Since the other thread will likely be locked I will post Hexens video. I did immediately notice with the last patch several inconsistencies with combat and I guess this highlights some of them.

@H:

Chivalry is teh lolz! Haha

http://youtu.be/gSKzrMaVuvw

Made this in about 7 minutes from 3 completely different games. It took me about 30 seconds to find each clip, proving that this kind of crap happens often and it’s not hard to find or experience. I could easily make a 10 minute video of back to back nonsense lol. Enjoy!

• @CRUSHED:

that moment when you realize most warband players play on the non steam version

expectations ? Bannerlord :D

Not to mention that most people bought chiv with 75%/66% discount. Just wait few months, playerbase will drop to 1.5k-2k again.

@H:

None.

• I expect the repo men to recover the penguin suits and office equipment TB hired to fool you into believing that office is theirs :)
    And fix the Three major bugs still still giving me problems to this day 1. Vanguard, Archer and Maa.

• @DokB:

New map(s) Team Objective
    Ping Kick
    Outright fixes of bugs
    Bugs that stay dead

Remember my preferred loadout.
    Personally I think blocks need to use less stamina.
    Game has so much potential, it’s really sad to see it waste and wane away.

• New content is most important thing I would like to see.

• @gregcau:

Since the other thread will likely be locked I will post Hexens video. I did immediately notice with the last patch several inconsistencies with combat and I guess this highlights some of them.

yeah, but a lot of this has been going on since july and not just the recent patch, the recent patch broke other things like the vanguard charge especially… i mean look at this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji5zWdzWJxo&feature=youtu.be