So…

• Game’s a broken mess… but they found the time to make more DLC helmets? … :concern:

Really TB? At this point you need to sell the IP to an actual group of developers… You’re modders playing make-believe on UDK at this point. A complete farce. I bet you don’t even know how to start to fix your own code – as the obvious lack of fixes + the constant reintroduction of bugs that get “fixed” lends to that notion.

Seriously. You guys are awful. The only redeeming quality of this game right now is the CONCEPT of the melee system. That alone keeps us trudging along, hoping you’ll finally pull your head out of your asses – instead of being the lazy team who instead of fixing and making the game worth the price tag, simply throws it on sale every other week at such a low price, people buy it without even having the intention to play it.

Quality > Quantity

I stopped playing a couple months ago, but every time I come back, shits more broken and in place of fixes there are 4.99 - 7.99 sales, micro-transactions and a severely content devoid expansion.

• @Nihilum:

…snip…

I especially agree with you about the concept of the game, because I’ve been saying this for months. The concept and face value presentation are the only two things that really sell this game anymore. It’s amazing to me how the game can be so absurdly broken, but still have a decent population that continues to stick around. It’s actually an interesting experiment: How long will an awesome concept cover up the fact that it’s executed so poorly, and how long will it give players an excuse to play in spite of the poor execution?

As I said a long time ago, in a thread far, far away… The thing that sold this game from the very beginning was the concept, which you could argue takes the shape of Combat and the Team Objective maps. This is the heart of the game. I know I was excited for the combat, so much different and refreshing from a typical shooter. And the maps with their multi stage objectives, killing peasants, burning houses… so satisfying.

So there’s what makes this game stand a part from the crowd, in my opinion. What does TB do? Completely and fundamentally changes the combat 9 months after release and creates only 1 new Team Objective map in a years time.

It’s subtle revelations like this that have brought me to my own realization: Torn Banner and their product, Chivalry, is a complete joke. And you really can’t take a joke seriously unless you want to be a curmudgeon :P This game is lols from the ground up, from the gameplay to the incompetence of the developers, it all makes me laugh because it’s SOOOOOOOOO bad hahaha. I guess it’s the fact that the game could be so much more, but they continue to fumble around with it like children. It’s like watching monkeys trying to build a space shuttle. It’s never going to happen, but it’s still hilarious.

Chivalry is the youtube poop of videogames: Nothing of real sustenance, but still random and funny. I know newer players are still in that stage of being surprised by how poorly TB manages their game. I remember when I really cared about the game haha. But if you don’t want to be disappointed, you should expect absolutely nothing out of this game beyond the humor and voice commands. It’s the one constant that has been around since day 1 ;)

• A moderator will probably close this for flaming.

• Part of me has always been in it for the lols. I bought this game after watching a comical youtube video (“Criken’s Cowardly Crusade”).

• @dudeface:

Part of me has always been in it for the lols. I bought this game after watching a comical youtube video (“Criken’s Cowardly Crusade”).

My first was Sharantil’s tutorial videos, before the game was even out. He talked about the mechanics and swing control, character manipulation and movement. I thought “this is fresh, this is innovative!” I got excited about the actual gameplay and mechanics, watching him in his video demonstrate all the little tips.

I got excited about the game itself, how it operated, how it played and how it functioned mechanically. It’s why I made all those tactics videos.

And while the humor was always there, it took me a year to champion it over everything else in this game. It’s now the only reason I continue to play. The humor far outshines any mechanical aspect or gameplay element that Chivalry has to offer.

Coming from someone with nearly 2000 hours of experience, both in and out of the game: Once you understand Chivalry and how shoddily it’s put together, as well as how daft Torn Banner is as a developer… the comical value is really all you’re left with at the end of the tunnel. ;)

• It is really sad to see the continuing down trend of the game and concepts if you go back even further and see the evolution Age of Chivalry filled with bad ideas gone amok. I think the one thing we can agree on is that the concept is what it was all about. It amaizes me how far they have fallen off the path from AOC since that was really the superior concept. No cross hairs, zoom, arrow cams, no 3rd person, no magic or fantasy bs, just straight up skill based melee set in a team objective based setting. Sadly they tried to please all of the people all of the time and failed to really please anyone. There should be scores of level 55+ out there playing but it seems once players hit a little above 40, there is really nothing left because they have learned pretty much all they need to know and broken patches killed the veteran base. They are mostly gone.

• I really hope this thread doesn’t get locked. TBS and everyone else needs to see these kinds of things and do something about it, rather than locking it, forgetting about it, then making the game even worse.

• @SOC:

I really hope this thread doesn’t get locked. TBS and everyone else needs to see these kinds of things and do something about it, rather than locking it, forgetting about it, then making the game even worse.

Sorry, best I can do is some micro transaction helmets and broken unlocks.

• Chivalry is teh lolz! Haha

http://youtu.be/gSKzrMaVuvw

Made this in about 7 minutes from 3 completely different games. It took me about 30 seconds to find each clip, proving that this kind of crap happens often and it’s not hard to find or experience. I could easily make a 10 minute video of back to back nonsense lol. Enjoy!

• You have to forgive me but… WHAT is the ‘bubble’? You mean the player collision to each other?

• Oh man. The zwei in the wall. The flinch on that MAA’s 2nd swing.

• @Nihilum:

there are 4.99 - 7.99 sales, micro-transactions.

Yes, TB sells helmets for customization. God have mercy on their souls.