Why doesn't oil pot damage count as assist kill?

• Hey guys, does anyone know why it doesn’t get counted? eg, throw oil pot, damage eneny, they get taken out few seconds after by a teammate, teammate gets the kill
    If I use throwing knife/axe, these act as assist kills

Thanks
    ~Hen

• Sounds like either a bug or a feature TB forgot to incorporate.

• @Flippy:

feature TB forgot to incorporate.

^^^Oil Pots have never counted for assists. It’s been that way since day 1, never fixed.

• @H:

^^^Oil Pots have never counted for assists. It’s been that way since day 1, never fixed.

Huh, no wonder I never got points for using firepots.

DAMN YOU TORN BANNER.

• A sneaky little “trick” you can do with the Oil Pot in FFA is to kill yourself with it. Counts as a kill, actually. Has done that from day one, still does, afaic!

• Also it doesn’t count towards team damage (for votekick)

• @B4RK:

A sneaky little “trick” you can do with the Oil Pot in FFA is to kill yourself with it. Counts as a kill, actually. Has done that from day one, still does, afaic!

That would be nice if the maa set himself on fire repeatedly instead of me. ;-)

• Back in my AD&D days I had the same problem. As a Cleric I would cast holy word or other area effect spells and the rest of the team would discount my contribution as negligible and not worthy of an assist. They only liked my healing spells.

• Actually they worked for about half a week after the patch that everyone hates, I got a shitload of assists as a MAA and I actually made some progress on that achievment. But then they made some kind of fix and the firepots didn’t add teamdamage% or the possibility to get assists anymore.

• also, if i’m not mistaken, you get objective points for damaging the king, but not if you damage him with oil pot.