[MISC] How to Dodge Projectiles

• The Video

So, I’ve made a video about dodging projectiles. I used MAA - definitely the easiest class to dodge anything with, but the methods will work for any class. I also have keep a shield on my back, but that’s not necessary - the methods in the video will still work, a shield just gives you some more options and decreases the chances of a projectile hitting you.

Everyone has their own strategy, but I’m confident that mine are the most effective, versatile methods out there.

I made the tutorial because I did it wrong for a very long time. I see even high level players in scrims getting hit unnecessarily because they try something stupid and ineffective and it makes me cry everytim.

With a little practice, you too will be practically immune to projectiles in a 1-on-1 situation.

• I’m using “method 1” + some ‘be unpredictable’ variations all the time, without realizing it. Just came with experience. It lets me close the distance faster than method 2, also I prefer to keep the worm in my sight the whole time. And I don’t use any shield, so I don’t really want to turn my back to him.

• Your voice is buttery smooth. Please just speak into my earhole forever.

• @Flippy:

Your voice is buttery smooth. Please just speak into my earhole forever.

This post and your avatar don’t mix. I wish I lived were you do tho.

• Glad you liked it, hah. It’s pretty much my first tutorial, so if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

• @Silu:

This post and your avatar don’t mix. I wish I lived were you do tho.

Actually before the forums changed my avatar was of a cute little CGI penguin. I really liked it. Although when the new forums rolled out they increased the avatar size cap. I wanted an avatar that looked as good as possible, but the penguin was now smaller than the cap.

I searched for an avatar similar to the adorable penguin but to no avail. All I could find was a bunch of anime avatars and various other disturbing images. Since I like animals I decided upon the albino leopard.

• Albino leopard looks better when calling ppl dumbasses. My personal taste.

• @Silu:

Albino leopard looks better when calling ppl dumbasses. My personal taste.

You have good taste.

• Many props, great video. I especially liked the part about telling people not to run in a straight line. That always cracks me up when I head-shot a guy 2, 3, 4 times in a row, and wonder, will they ever learn how to NOT run in a straight line?

Also, taking cover, using teammates as shields is a good method of avoiding fire :P

• This is good stuff. I just wish draw animations always played properly and that the game would show which way the archer is looking properly(all the time). It’s quite annoying to see an archer shoot you when on your screen he wasn’t even looking at you.

• @Ranulf:

This is good stuff. I just wish draw animations always played properly and that the game would show which way the archer is looking properly(all the time). It’s quite annoying to see an archer shoot you when on your screen he wasn’t even looking at you.

This can get pretty annoying in scrims haha. Looking to see the archer switching targets visibly, only to be nailed by an arrow that’s come out of the bow at some shitty 60 degree angle is rather annoying.