Ok, TB. I'll play nice.

• I won’t call you names. I won’t say you’re incompetent. And I won’t say you don’t care.

I’ll just let HEXEN’s video do the talking on how shitty the game is right now. Once again, I am not insulting you. I’m furious about the current state of the game.

Look at this shit.

Lock this thread. I dare you, mods.
    And thank you HEXEN for making the video.

• I wish TBS gave a fuck

• Everyone knows it, except TBS. The bubble and recovery parry need to go.

• ha, it’s funny because i’m pretty sure a while back i posted about how i think that when you attack your arm counts as the bubble… then lemon got on here and was like noooooo nooo i’m right you’re wrong, torn banner said so, so it’s true. I also told them a WHILE ago that the bubble increases the range of weapons and counts for damage, then lemon again said nooooo it doesn’t count as hitox… HA well take that lemon! what say you now? maybe i just don’t know ranges because my inexperience in the game is clouding my vision.

the vanguard is simply just a broken mess, it’s the worst animating class in the entire game, so every swing just stutters and you can never really tell what the hell is going on. Look at how even after that vanguard killed Hexen and he walks off how jittery all of his movement looks, he must have full body parkinsons or some shit. And now we have rocketboot vanguards because they HAD to make the charge “Better” and more useful, well… SUCCESS torn banner, you officially made the charge attack useful. THEN you made it EVEN BETTER now with your most recent patch! SO much that in every single pub you go into, you constantly hear the beautiful sounds of flying vanguards almost the entire match. YYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH! YYYYYYYAAAAAAAAHHHHH! Sometimes there’s chains of 3-4 charges attacks and the sounds of yelling vanguards is so beautiful. There’s pretty much NO reason NOT to use a charge at full sprint anymore, at least it seems that most people don’t ever have a reason not to, there’s no downside unless of course your aim is horrible.

Also, i’ve been saying for SO long how much flinch is broken, it’s inconsistent and even made another video focusing on how you can get flinched in release as well as all the inconsistencies in trying to flinch another person, hit trading and such. It’s just… WOW.

And you have to LOVE the bubble for it’s ability to sandwich you into situations where you can’t move in between two people to save you, i call it “the bubble sandwich” TM - Clay 2013. The whole purpose of the bubble was to decrease the amount of lookdown overheads hitting almost instantly at facehug range… well… if the polearms and other vanguard weapons, most 2 handed weapons as well like grand mace, swords even… tons of other weapons are still doing just that no problem… MAYBE the bubble wasn’t the right solution. PERHAPS the tracers could have just been adjusted so that the damage starts higher on the sword? I don’t know bu it definitely didn’t fix what it set out to do, and made the game effectively worse.

Even those that used to enjoy fist fighting and still do… it WAS good at one time, but the bubble ruined fist fights, you just bounce off each other and it’s pretty much better to just spam punches the whole time. And since you get more range since the bubble counts as damage, fuck any kind of ducking/matrixing and body movement since it works like crap now. As a matter of fact, fuck a lot of matrixing even with weapons because that little bit of range you got out of… well it just got extended by the bubble. Oh men at arms pokes go further now? I wonder why that is… for the longest time we’re all like… what the hell did they change to make the broadsword and other man at arms pokes go SO much farther than they used to? Why are all these weapons that are already out of range hit me even when i lean back even further? WHY IS THIS HAPPENING!? Oh shit, maybe the bubble DOES count as part of the hitbox and i shouldn’t trust a thing that the animations tell me.

Maybe also vanguard swords and others are longer than they actually graphically appear as well… who knows.

Anyway, i love the game but god damn it is a broken mess, and people wonder why it’s so frustrating.

• Please Clayton. Stop it. Get some help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEmxJoBLKws

• Its simple…game has potential but handled by lazy amateurs.

“You can’t do that.”

• Its simple…game has potential but handled by lazy amateurs.

“You can’t do that.”

• @omg87:

And thank you HEXEN for making the video.

Yes, for the glory of Agatha, brother.

In all honesty though, I’m just trying to change people’s perceptions about the game. Something like this can’t be taken seriously, or you’ll just end up getting frustrated. I think that even if Chivalry were still in its release state, a year of playing would reveal all sorts of similar issues, small inconsistencies and problems. It’s just the nature of the game and how it was coded and operates.

Even so, and granted my nostalgia probably lends bias to my opinion, I think Chivalry was in a much better state when it released than it is in now. Even going back and watching some of my first videos, I can tell the gameplay looks smoother and not as jerky or clunky. Release state had its fair share of problems (javelin setups hahaha) but at least the gameplay felt more precise.

So, I would advise everyone to have a laugh and just play Chivalry for what it is: A casual joke. Just a funny, visceral game to waste some time. Yes, it is sad it could have been something more, but it could have been something more 2 months ago, 4 months ago, 7 months ago. It’s not happening and probably won’t at this point haha.

• Just play Chiv+ you whiners.

Chiv+ is the old version of Chivalry with the retarded feinting and MAA that dominates everyone since you can’t parry super quick attacks.

• @Xpacer:

Just play Chiv+ you whiners.

Chiv+ is the old version of Chivalry with the retarded feinting and MAA that dominates everyone since you can’t parry super quick attacks.

MAA is actually stronger in live version of the game.

• @Xpacer:

Just play Chiv+ you whiners.

This comes in at #3 in Most Stupid Posts I Have Ever Seen.

#1: “Good, fix the broken animations pros exploit to get ahead.”
    #2: I can’t find the exact quote, but is was along the lines of “Nerf archer melee because every time I fight one they spam me to death.”
    #3: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• @rumpelstiltskin:

MAA is actually stronger in live version of the game.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Watching that video, I can’t help but think that more of the issue is the lack of frames in the downswing of the Vanguard, as opposed to the shield not blocking what it should. Some of the swings that you indicated you did not know wtf happened could have also been drags… especially the last thrust demonstration, he dragged to his right at the last second of the thrust to slay you.

But mainly, the animations of the damn vanguard was basically non-existent. In one frame his sword is above his head, the next one it’s on the ground and you’ve been hit. Or in one frame the sword is thrusting past you, and the second it’s dragged into you, but you’re already dead :-/

• This is why you people should play DW instead.
    It isn’t that broken.

• The flinch is worse in DW than chivalry, trust me…its like fighting with allies and their attacks never interrupt.

• @Xrathk:

This is why you people should play DW instead.
    It isn’t that broken.

How much did they pay you?

• @Silu:

They probably allowed to him to get the DLC helmets for free.

• @RavnosCC:

Watching that video, I can’t help but think that more of the issue is the lack of frames in the downswing of the Vanguard, as opposed to the shield not blocking what it should. Some of the swings that you indicated you did not know wtf happened could have also been drags… especially the last thrust demonstration, he dragged to his right at the last second of the thrust to slay you.

But mainly, the animations of the damn vanguard was basically non-existent. In one frame his sword is above his head, the next one it’s on the ground and you’ve been hit. Or in one frame the sword is thrusting past you, and the second it’s dragged into you, but you’re already dead :-/

I’m not sure if this is something they can fix. I use to only be able to play at 60 fps, and even then the animations, especially heavy dragging looked extremely choppy. But now that I got a 144hz monitor, I can see the animation buttery smooth. No choppiness at all.

I don’t know if TB can actually add more frames to make the animations smoother. It appears that the animations are “recorded” at 120 fps. Anything lower and it’s impossible for the game to keep up with the dynamic heavy dragging without some choppiness.

This is a problem for people with PC’s that can’t run the game at 120 fps. I was lucky I was blissfully ignorant about this when I had 60 fps. Because if I had known what I was missing out on I would’ve been quite flustered.

Although this is just speculation. It would be fantastic if a developer came in here and cleared things up. But that is just a dream.

• As stated many times, remove bubble and panic parry. Neither fit with the with the rest of the game design. Everything that is in the game was originally created for the original player size and not fat player. Panic parry pretty much ruins swordplay as the game is now a glorified parry simulator. The best way to kill people is not with timing or footwork anymore, but rather to cheese around people’s shields and parries with goofy animations and hitboxes. Or spam feint. Pretty much all the things that scare new players off (the thing you were trying to stop).

Also, for god’s sake, fix the level 5 bug…

And the vanguard charge…

And ballistas still don’t work after getting shot off of them…

And you managed to make getting stuck on geometry worse with your fixes last patch. Seriously, just let me show you all the places you get stuck on about a 1 inch elevation or invisible walls…

• @Silu:

You got me!

They paid me to say that MW is broken and DW isn’t THAT broken?
    No wonder they don’t have money to employ more people.