Votekicks

• I think There should be a nerfed, I joined this one server full of ranks 5-6 and as soon as someone with a higher rank joins the sever they will votekick you out, I’ve join the server 3 times now and they will not respond, it seems as if they should be playing on a max rank server but they intended to just hog the only FFA server for me with -100 ping.

Possible fixes:

• cool down timer
    • max number of votekicks per round that can be started by a single player

What do you guys think?

• If im not mistaken there IS a cooldown timer on kicks, however i may be wrong. I doubt this happens a lot but if you continue to experience said problem add me on steam. Im starting to play chiv again and i can moderate the Official servers. As for unofficial servers, the admins there will have to help you. Vote kicks must have legitimate reasons and should not be abused/ used to clear out slots for friends or just because.

Steam: Lg | Breakfast Warrior.

Edit: I noticed you posted in the wrong section. This section of the forums is for Mod/ sdk discussion and/or ideas. Make sure you are in the right section next time :)

• @Phlint95:

If im not mistaken there IS a cooldown timer on kicks, however i may be wrong. I doubt this happens a lot but if you continue to experience said problem add me on steam. Im starting to play chiv again and i can moderate the Official servers. As for unofficial servers, the admins there will have to help you. Vote kicks must have legitimate reasons and should not be abused/ used to clear out slots for friends or just because.Steam: Lg | Breakfast Warrior.Edit: I noticed you posted in the wrong section. This section of the forums is for Mod/ sdk discussion and/or ideas. Make sure you are in the right section next time :)

You said you “can moderate the Official servers”. What do you mean by that? Are you an admin atm?

If so I won’t be like “can you make me admin plz” but rather ask how it is you got to be admin?
    Lately I’ve been votekicked all over the place in official servers due to some random clans occupying them, or just toddlers harassing other players or spamming the chat with youtube links.

The official admin group doesn’t really respond fast enough(no offense) and I would just really love to be able to kick harassing or abusive players myself. The servers could really use some more moderating and I don’t feel like there are enough admins who still play the game that much. So how is it you came to be admin?

• I was recruited several months back as a server admin. i had been in the comp community for a while and had volunteered. Nothing too special. I regrettably have been absent for quite some time. Anyhow, ill tell you what. Feel free to either add me, or join admin group chat. even if i dont play 40 hours a week or w/e ill do my best to stay on steam so i can assist you or anyone else with the troublesome hooligans.