All Dark on the DW Front

• I am sure it never used to be like this, but was there ever such a blackout of communication between the gamers and Torn Banner Studios?

I played Chivalry:MW since near release, for hours on end. I didn’t see much in the way of content patches, beyond the weapon pack that was brought in, the customization and to a lesser extent, the first set of ‘exclusive dlc’ helmets, but there was a constant feed between the gamer and the studio. They would release Friday updates on steam quite regularly, only rarely missing out a week, keeping people informed of upcoming changes and tentative ETAs.

When the DW beta came about I received a late invitation to participate, and found that the majority of the MW community was crying that their original beloved MW game would be abandoned and that DW would be focused on, patched, worked with, and that MW would be forgotten despite them creating patches mid-DW beta. It seems however that the total opposite has happened.

Since release, I do not recall a single patch, fix, or anything of significance in regards to DW. Their entire focus however limited has remained on MW, fixing issues that indeed did need work. Yet those who have invested in their new venture, like myself who is now a die-hard DW player over MW, we see nothing. The same bugs exist now that have existed before. Spartan spear’s vanishing from their hands mid-throw, lack of flinch, ninja throwing stars equipping their fists, Viking’s being stuck on using one of their weapon choices despite having the other weapon clearly on their person, to name but a few.

I am betting that I am saying little that has not been said before, as there are no doubt countless forum posts asking, begging, demanding fixes, and I want that. But I want the communication if nothing else. I miss being in the know, that Torn Banner weren’t just working on the biggest jig-saw known to man on their office carpet, but that they were aware and they had plans to fix, and ‘here they are’.

So please, Torn Banner… bring back the Friday updates and if not, include DW and your fans there in your patches and hotfixes. We desperately need them.

• Well they said they are on holidays at the moment,so….

Anyway,I don’t think they have abandoned DW.They focused on MW because it had too much problems(and still has),and because of the few employees they have,they can’t focus on two games at once.However,it has nearly been 2 months without any patches/hotfixes/whatever for DW. TB need to speak about their future plans concerning DW.
    The bugs aren’t as game-breaking as in MW, but the game needs more game modes. Some TO would be nice,but I am open to other suggestions.
    DW is a good game (perhaps as good as MW),and it must not be abandoned.

• Well the equipping fists with shurikens thing you mentioned isn’t really a bug, it’s like a disarm. If you hit a ninja while he’s throwing his shuriken, it puts him into fists. I’ve had it happen to me a few times, and I’ve done it to others a lot. But like you said, no patches or bug fixes at all so far. I’d like to see more unlockables, a better system for voting map/gamemodes, and more maps/gamemodes period. I’m also more of a DW player than MW nowadays, so I’m on the same page here. I want more shit for my game without old shit getting broke.

• @Jon:

I am sure it never used to be like this, but was there ever such a blackout of communication between the gamers and Torn Banner Studios?

I think early in the year when they were moving to Toronto there was a blackout. But the two months before Christmas is a little strange since they delivered a good patch (albeit with some bugs) but never declared working on it. I guess they dont think we care - but we do :-)

• Oh! Forgot two. An actual vote-kick option that is more user friendly than Microsoft Excel, and VOIP. I mean… voice chat is a really standard thing for an ONLINE ONLY game… and I would defend TB but… releasing a game with no kick option beyond accessing the console and fiddling there is just… slack.

The titles would be nice to have worked. And ‘Kings Gaurd’ changed because honestly… they should know how to spell, and proof-read.

• @Jon:

Oh! Forgot two. An actual vote-kick option that is more user friendly than Microsoft Excel, and VOIP. I mean… voice chat is a really standard thing for an ONLINE ONLY game… and I would defend TB but… releasing a game with no kick option beyond accessing the console and fiddling there is just… slack.

The titles would be nice to have worked. And ‘Kings Gaurd’ changed because honestly… they should know how to spell, and proof-read.

Well to be honest I am quite happy with the kick function in this game.And now we don’t have endless kick-votes in every match(which is quite annoying), like in MW.
    You can f**k around a bit without the fear of being kicked.
    And surprisingly I don’t come across toxic players and rampaging teamkillers as often as I do in MW.

• @Xrathk:

Well to be honest I am quite happy with the kick function in this game.And now we don’t have endless kick-votes in every match(which is quite annoying), like in MW.
    You can f**k around a bit without the fear of being kicked.
    And surprisingly I don’t come across toxic players and rampaging teamkillers as often as I do in MW.

In my experience the official DW servers were always filled with TK’ers and trolls. Since only admins could kick, and no admins were ever on, Tk’ers had free reign to ruin any server they pleased.

• Everyone can initiate a votekick, no?
    You just have to do it via an annoying console command, afaic. (In which you have to type the name of the player you want to kick, so some russians were basically immune, I guess)

• @Flippy:

In my experience the official DW servers were always filled with TK’ers and trolls. Since only admins could kick, and no admins were ever on, Tk’ers had free reign to ruin any server they pleased.

That used to be the case when the game released,but things are a lot more calm now.
    Today I played a game of MW after a week or so and the amount of votekicks,insults,and teamkilling was out of the charts.Steam sale to blame for that though.
    Anyway,anybody can start a kickvote in DW,but the only way to do it is via a console command,and therefore noobs can’t spam kickvotes like they do in MW.
    Somebody who ruins the game for everyone though gets kicked almost always.

• Before the holidays they were sniffing around here trying to get information about bug reports. And at the same time people were bitching about lack of communication but I think asking for information about bugs is communication. Anyway it probably means thy are gonna do something with DW soon.

Soon.

And what are they gonna put in those Friday updates. You sorta run out of things to say talking every week. Though they should definitely bring back the bi-monthly newsletters.

I remember when MW was kick by console only. Much better game. No random votekicks.

• While I understand the community’s feeling towards lack of communication, it seems that they have put a foot forward to correct that. They had put out a video before the Christmas break notifying everyone of the upcoming plans.

As for the Friday updates, it’s not worth it to do it every Friday considering they might not have anything to say. A bi-monthly newsletter would be more beneficial and that’s something that could come into effect this year. In the following weeks, they might release more information so the community gets the idea and understands as to where Torn Banner is heading to next.

They already mentioned that in the following months, they’d like to do optimization and bug fixing so I’m sure we’ll see more of that.

• @lemonater47:

I remember when MW was kick by console only. Much better game. No random votekicks.

Really really have to disagree with this, just for the fact that there have been games where people have played with some weird name consisting of squares, and/or some Russian name with letters I cannot even type, therefore cannot use the console command to kick them. They need an actual kick command.

• @Jon:

Really really have to disagree with this, just for the fact that there have been games where people have played with some weird name consisting of squares, and/or some Russian name with letters I cannot even type, therefore cannot use the console command to kick them. They need an actual kick command.

Then you just leave the name field blank and that will bring up a list of the whole server with numbers next to the names. Then you just confirm the kick with the number next to the name and boom that guy with a name that’s all squares or Chinese characters is kicked. Well a votekick is initiated.

You don’t even need to type the whole name. You can use any portion of the name and it will bring up a list of players with that combination of characters. So if a guy with a really complicated name is on the server just type the first three letters of his name. Or the last three or the middle three or 1 letter. Doesn’t matter. Whatever he comes on on the list that’s the number you use. So if the guy on te list is number 27 you type “confirm 27” and bloody Российская Федерация who has 300 ping and is teamkilling will have a votekick against him.

Its a much better system that people think. And the great thing is there’s always at least one person who knows how to use it. And now you know how to use it.

• Yeah you don’t need to type any names in to votekick. Just type in VOTEKICK, and it should look like this
    0. Fartsack Mcgee
    1. Oy
    2. Flip Dicksman
    3. Random Tker
    4. SloppyPooBag
    5. Lemonater

Then just type confirm 5, and you’re done. No typing of names necessary.

• Haha Oy. Do you and Lemonater love eachother, or what?

• @Kewlan:

Haha Oy. Do you and Lemonater love eachother, or what?

Everyone loves me.

• I love lemonater like a Mexican loves work.

• @lemonater47:

Then you just leave the name field blank and that will bring up a list of the whole server with numbers next to the names. Then you just confirm the kick with the number next to the name and boom that guy with a name that’s all squares or Chinese characters is kicked. Well a votekick is initiated.

Its a much better system that people think. And the great thing is there’s always at least one person who knows how to use it. And now you know how to use it.

Now we know! And knowing is half the battle.

Nah but really thanks, now I at least know I can vote to kick. Shame that countless people seem to just refuse to vote, and it doesn’t accept the vote if at least half the server vote.

• People refuse to vote?

Never had that happen.

There’s a bug in MW if you start a votekick Immediately after another one most of the server don’t actually see it. But that’s immediately a previous votekick.

• As for the Friday updates, it’s not worth it to do it every Friday considering they might not have anything to say.

ROFL. You have thousands of topics and opinions to reply to. Stop pretending that there is nothing to say. Both DW and CMW are fundamentally broken with a bunch of bugs and issues. Steve Piggott is just scared to talk to his fans because they don’t kiss his ass anymore like they did back in 2012.