TBS.. It's time to let go.

• I want to support you guys, but you clearly can’t do it or don’t want to do it. Hand this game, which is full of potential, to a team that actually likes the game and knows what to do.

It’s been a year and you haven’t released any more TO maps? Shouldn’t game design be fun for you guys?

Give this project to another team that is actually enthusiastic about the product. You clearly don’t like the game because you seem to be sabotaging it with every “patch.”

• You joined March 2011??!!. Daaaaaayum.

Good post though.

• So one patch that adds a bubble is sabotaging it. CTPF was replaced same patch.

It was just “the patch” that was bad. Every other patch gets positive praise.

Mostly. There’s always something that breaks. Usually ranks.

• Ever since the very first patch of this game back when I played in closed beta, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a “smooth” patch that didn’t make me dread the game more than I already did. “The patch” was the final nail in the coffin for this game, and even every patch since then breaks stuff in some extremely frustrating way. Even with the last patch we have vanguard charges and Dark Forest NPCs bugged.

• you assume tbs gives a shit abou what we, the paying customer, think about the product……yet another thread that will get locked.

• Which is this weird “patch” you all speak of?
    I started playing in June/July,if that helps.

• @Xrathk:

Which is this weird “patch” you all speak of?

Just look up “July patch” on the forums.

It’s a patch that killed the comp scene and made the game much worse.

• Let’s make a game where we can all be friends and smoke weed. At least it might run properly.

• @Oy:

Let’s make a game where we can all be friends and smoke weed. At least it might run properly.

Until the no-life tryhards and clanners figure out how to exploit by setting up macros on the carb. Bogarting bastages.

• @Xrathk:

Which is this weird “patch” you all speak of?

“The patch” was the introduction of an increased player bubble, the removal of CFtP (combo feint to parry,) and a host of other changes…this thread right here

http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/12844-CU1-Patch-2-Now-Online!-Patch-Notes-inside!

• Nah they still want to see how much cash they can milk from adding in more hats

• @PooDawg:

Nah they still want to see how much cash they can milk from adding in more hats

Honestly dude, any company that follow’s Valve’s business decisions is probably going to do well.

At least in the short-term.

• Its not constructive suggesting TB should let go. You should appreciate what you have tbh. In the alternate universe you would not have patches or good website such as this and the quote “The new team” could simply up and leave at any time.

The problem is often understood but what to replace it with is never considered until its to late. What is the alternative please offer structure and a goal plan with aims and objectives we can actually see and not the dream like suggestions you conjure up from some magicians big hat, or try to sell us the medicine from the quacks wagon in the old west. :)

• @Flippy:

Honestly dude, any company that follow’s Valve’s business decisions is probably going to do well.

At least in the short-term.

Valve has has a pretty evil dark side. And heir support is now worse than EAs. My problems actually get solved with EA support. Valve eventually just ignores you.

• Well, that may be true but dont forget that EA has wont 2 or 3 consecutive golden poo awards? :P

• @Phlint95:

Well, that may be true but dont forget that EA has wont 2 or 3 consecutive golden poo awards? :P

2. I don’t think they deserved either really. It was a competition of all American companies.

Problem was it was on the Internet which EA is her big on the Internet and relies on it and 2 you didn’t need to be in America to vote and EA was pretty much the only company other than BP that had much interaction with the rest of the the world. And BP had only pissed off Mexicans, southern Americans and green peace. But what they did was far worse.

EA affected everyone who did the survey almost. On every forum ever there were threads titled similar to “go vote EA worst company in America”. People from all over the world did it. BP had a massive oil spill. The Bank of America did some bad shit. EA?? Slightly overpriced DLC. Every “bad” thing EA did other developers and publishers have done. EA was just FIRST. Except online only DRM. They weren’t first and its still in dispute as to whether simcity was online only purely for DRM.

Just goes to show people’s priorities. And the first time simcity wasn’t even released.

• Ay i hear ya, They are def up there, as my brother and i have has some seriously horrible interactions with them ( i wont bore anyone/ go offtopic. Then again i have had next to 0 experience with valve/ steam so i can only speak for one side :|

• Big Agrees with OP. TB have no real ambition. They dont want to build any further, create anything greater.

They just want to coast along - sit on what theyve already done, watch it decline and still profit as much from it as possible before rescinding back into their dark filthy caverns to cackle at all their gold.

I smell a signature!

• @Triumphant:

Big Agrees with OP. TB have no real ambition. They dont want to build any further, create anything greater.

They just want to coast along - sit on what theyve already done, watch it decline and still profit as much from it as possible before rescinding back into their dark filthy caverns to cackle at all their gold.

I smell a signature!

I guess you changed your sig lol.

I am sure TBS would like to do well. Most of the issues come from management decisions. I don’t disagree with a DW one off version, it brought in extra players who will ultimately migrate to CMW which is far superior.

My main issue is the lack of planning expanded TO maps - which is the absolute bread and butter of their community that keeps people hooked.

I would very much like to design a map or two with lots of features that would make it appealing. Nice graphics adds little to player retention, it is all about usability and game design. There is a ton of potential with a well designed map. Unfortunately custom servers are not taking off (for a variety of reasons explained elsewhere).

Given their track record I doubt they will ever involve the community in actual decisions so we will just have to hope and pray Steve has learnt enough to take the game in the right direction.