Release delayed? - Proven False

• One day ago I received an email from the british PLAY.com about my Chivalry MW preorder. It said that they were informed by the developers that the game release date had delayed to November 9. Are they messing up something on the website or is the release date different in EU?

ps. this was written on phone, sorry for possible typos

Edit: http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/3581054 … tails.html

“Due for release on 09 November 2012.”

• Haven’t heard anything about that. From playing beta the game feels right on tack for its current release.

• @Sir:

Haven’t heard anything about that. From playing beta the game feels right on tack for its current release.

I very much disagree. With all due respect to the Torn Banner, I’m sure they themselves know that the game is nowhere near finished or atleast not in the shape of a release. Not only are there lots of issues with server lag, latency, optimizing the game, balancing it, polishing it and a huge array of bugs to be squashed etc., all that… I’m really glad it’s (hopefully) delayed. I wouldn’t be surprised to be honest if that is indeed the case.

• Is this confirmed? If so I hope I get a beta key or else I’ll be waiting for another month. Either way I hope the do the best for the game.

• From my point of view (as a beta tester) it would make sense to have an additional month of time to iron some minor issues out… but there has been no word of anything like that here an the forums it seems. An official statement about that would be good.
    I guess it would be better for the game if it was delayed a little bit, so I think it’s a good thing.

• I’m okay with a delay (now that I’m in the beta) to get rid of some of the gameplay issues.

• Developer

The digital release of our game is not being delayed, that’s for sure. Steve will have an official response about this later, i personaly don’t know what it’s about.

Thanks,
    Rasmus

• @Rasmus:

The digital release of our game is not being delayed, that’s for sure. Steve will have an official response about this later, i personaly don’t know what it’s about.

Thanks,
    Rasmus

Thank god - been counting the days lately!

• Trusty

• Developer

The retail release of the game is set for November 9th in Europe, so that is the release date as far as Play is concerned.

The digital release of the game on Steam and everywhere else online is still set for October 16th.

• fist pump