First Chivalry dedicated server

• Hi.

This is my first time setting up an Chivalry server, and I am concerned about all these errors I’m seeing in the LOG as people join/play the game.
    The game is running on a Windows 2008R2 server, Xeon E3-1230 with 8GB memory dedicated under VMware esxi 5,1.

The server crashed earlier today as 32 players had been playing for a long time. I find it hard to find any information these errors that is constantly showing up.
    At the loading of the server:
    1148.70] LOG: Command not recongnized: SETSOUNDMODE Default
    1154.40] LOG: Command not recongnized: SETSOUNDMODE Default

When people then join and start to play, following error apear:
    1178.25] Warning: Failed to find function AllowLowerParry for timer in actor AOCWeapon_Broadsword_0
    1200.71] Warning: Failed to find function AllowLowerParry for timer in actor AOCWeapon_Broadsword_0
    1201.65] Warning: Failed to find function AllowLowerParry for timer in actor AOCWeapon_Broadsword_0
    1309.35] Warning: Failed to find function AllowLowerParry for timer in actor AOCWeapon_Broadsword_0

The above error exists in variety of different errorcodes and different weapons at the end.

Im am also seeing an error with the PhysX:
    0680.51] DevPhysics: Error (1) in file …\Physics\src\NpActor.cpp, line 278: Actor::setLinierVelocity: Actor must be (non-kinematic) dynamic!

This error also exists in alot of varieties.

Does any of these errors produce and overflow of somekind in either CPU/memory/network?

when the server is full, i got 4 cores at around 25-30% usage. I find that a bit much!

Any ideas or experince would be much apreciated.

Best Regards
    Wernstar

• These errors can be ignored, nothing serious, just a lot of spam.
    Chivalry servers aren’t 100% stable, they can crash sometimes.
    You DO have a high cpu usage, what are the Virtual cores set on?
    Any limit on them?

• As long as these errors dosent change anything, I can live with them.

Nope, the cores run full throttle. I got them only normal shares, and unlimited regarding frequenzy in ESXi. Could there be missing some features like GPU/soundcard to handle something?
    When I set the CPU affinity at the server to only two cores, it uses around 40% of those two. When idling ( 0 players), the use is around 6%. Are there any tricks to optimize?

The last 24 hours I have manually reset the chivalry server severel times in order to keep it on the public list…

• I have a near similar server; a 30 CDW server runs on 2% at the most when idle, 10% when full.
    Empty 24 slot CMW server runs at around 1%, on full it runs on 5%>

I however do not have ESXi in between.

• Hmm, maybe it has something to do with the virtual cores…

What about the server disappearing from the public server list? any advice on that?

• check if you can query it, using HLSW or gametracker n such.
    Have to be sure that the QueryPort isn’t in use by something either.