INSPIRATIONAL CHIVALRY CINEMATIC!!! *MUST WATCH*

• Very nice, I’m sharing far and wide :) I only wish I could turn on some of those nice features during gameplay… usually run everything on lowest possible settings to shoot for 120fps :D

• Very cool, might I recommend for future videos of this variety (if Chivalry based) that you force dx11 (unsupported and buggy for gameplay, should be fine for fly-bys though), and edit your ini for some anti-aliasing. Unless that would hit your computer too hard while capturing, I know chiv is a bit of a performance monster for some.

Or any method of forcing AA and AF

• Global Moderator

@RavnosCC:

Very nice, I’m sharing far and wide :) I only wish I could turn on some of those nice features during gameplay… usually run everything on lowest possible settings to shoot for 120fps :D

Maybe you should get used to playing at 60FPS so you game looks miles better. 60FPS is still pretty damn high and something many people can’t reach or don’t reach because they are used to playing at 30 FPS because 30FPS is what most films are at. Many are at 24FPS.

• That was nice dude, thanks.

What a shame they wasted all that time on the DW maps that hardly anyone plays.

• @Reginhard:

That was nice dude, thanks.

What a shame they wasted all that time on the DW maps that hardly anyone plays.

Lel this^

I hope whoever thought DW was a good decision is kicking themselves because if not, they damn well should be.

• Should’ve set your FoV to 95.

• @lemonater47:

Maybe you should get used to playing at 60FPS so you game looks miles better. 60FPS is still pretty damn high and something many people can’t reach or don’t reach because they are used to playing at 30 FPS because 30FPS is what most films are at. Many are at 24FPS.

I would recommend Dxtory. Unlike Fraps, you can set it to record at 24/30 fps and still play at 120/60.

If I were to do something like this I would suggest a low FoV, Dxtory, dynamic lights and bloom. You’d probably get the best picture out of that.

• Global Moderator

@Flippy:

I would recommend Dxtory. Unlike Fraps, you can set it to record at 24/30 fps and still play at 120/60.

If I were to do something like this I would suggest a low FoV, Dxtory, dynamic lights and bloom. You’d probably get the best picture out of that.

Bandicam does the same thing but with with the option to record with way smaller file sizes.

• @lemonater47:

Bandicam does the same thing but with with the option to record with way smaller file sizes.

Eh, whatever you want to use. I’d recommend Dxtory though. Insane amount of customization and little tweaking you can do.

• @lemonater47:

I can play at 60fps, it’s just w/unlocked fps and a 144hz LCD it seems like a waste. Especially w/the all the twitch turns causing tearing etc. It’s not a game breaker to play at 60fps though :)

Of course I freely admit to being biased though, and love films in HFR 48fps, ala Hobbit films, etc.

––

Slightly off topic but,

As the last few patches have been increasing my overall average framerates I have been toying with the idea of turning on specific “eye candy” options. Anyone have any specific video features they like enabled? (recently I just upped rag-doll from 2 seconds to 60 seconds cause who does’t love piles of fallen combatants littering the battlefield??)

• @RavnosCC:

recently I just upped rag-doll from 2 seconds to 60 seconds cause who does’t love piles of fallen combatants littering the battlefield??

Having bodies set to 60 surprisingly doesn’t hit my fps all that hard at all, even with an outdated gpu. Hooray for 64 bit!

• I would recommend Dynamic Lights. It makes all the maps look so much better and it doesn’t hit my framerate at all. Just make sure you have dynamic shadows turned off, because that will rape your GPU in the ass with no lube.

• Global Moderator

@RavnosCC:

I can play at 60fps, it’s just w/unlocked fps and a 144hz LCD it seems like a waste. Especially w/the all the twitch turns causing tearing etc. It’s not a game breaker to play at 60fps though :)

Of course I freely admit to being biased though, and love films in HFR 48fps, ala Hobbit films, etc.

––

Slightly off topic but,

As the last few patches have been increasing my overall average framerates I have been toying with the idea of turning on specific “eye candy” options. Anyone have any specific video features they like enabled? (recently I just upped rag-doll from 2 seconds to 60 seconds cause who does’t love piles of fallen combatants littering the battlefield??)

Yeah a 144hz monitor was a waste. Even with 120FPS you are gonna get screen tearing its more noticeable at higher framerates. Should of gotten a 120hz monitor. Or a PC that could handle it and at least make the game look good while getting that high lol.

And yeah people have different preferences. Personally I hate anything over 60. Its just too smooth and doesn’t look real.

• @lemonater47:

Yeah a 144hz monitor was a waste. Even with 120FPS you are gonna get screen tearing its more noticeable at higher framerates. Should of gotten a 120hz monitor. Or a PC that could handle it and at least make the game look good while getting that high lol.

And yeah people have different preferences. Personally I hate anything over 60. Its just too smooth and doesn’t look real.

The Asus 144hz was cheaper than most, if not all of the 120hz. So price was a non-issue. :D not going to debate the benefits of higher fps with you.

But I might try out Dynamic lights as someone suggested above.

• @RavnosCC:

not going to debate with you (LemonEater).

I LOL’d, your wisdom is unmatched.

• @RavnosCC:

But I might try out Dynamic lights as someone suggested above.

You-your-your welcome, Ravnos ;_;