Group combat video and upcoming

• So in a week or two I’m going to uninstall my chiv games as I have problems focusing, but in doing so I’d like to produce a few things for the community.
    First, I’d like to do a short series on group combat as the main MW crowd thinks that DW is a lmb spam fest that becomes too difficult to survive.
    Next I’d like to make some tutorials displaying the differences between the games and how DW stands on its own feet just fine. I have several hundred gb of videos to go through and have barely scratched the surface… (I’d rather be playing than watching reruns of myself)
    I’m hoping that the videos counter some of the negativity that I frequently see in posts on several forums that are about DW. I don’t think they contain accurate depictions of the game.

But here’s a small group combat video I put together. The tutorials I’d like to make will include voice over and explanations/break downs in the posts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDlMR1xMV60

Enjoy

• Haven’t had a chance to watch this yet, but I agree with what you’re saying 100%. I have all the classes in DW over at least rank 24, and I have to say that the skill ceiling in that game is actually a lot deeper than it seems at first glance. There’s some bullshit to wade through sometimes, but it’s nothing compared to MW in its current state.
    All the classes have good weapons and are capable of dispatching 3 or 4 enemies at a time under the right circumstances, certainly 2 at a time under most circumstances if you’re any good lol.
    They all have their niche and their own style of gameplay, with their own style of movement and attack, although I’d say at least 40% of players in that game are just LMB LMB LMB all day, no matter what class they pick, and that get’s frustrating since LMB is pretty rewarding sometimes. Even I die to staff/sword spamming ninjas sometimes and I want to hit something (luckily I have a kitten handy).

• Oh wow, thats a really nice video. Reminds me of… me… aaah.

It seems your best friends in a group fight are
    1. Their greed for the kill.
    2. Lack of communication in enemy groups.
    3. Look at one, strike at the other.

Fighting a group fight as a viking with the spear isn’t quite as impressive as a fragile ninja with the sword in terms of difficulty, but it’s amazing how easy it can be to stab someone, turn to parry their friend then stab that same first target again.

• Ninja with claws vs. 3 Spamurai. GO!

• This is great Kildrith! I would love to see more of your videos. I definitely enjoyed this one.

• If you weren’t leaving Killdrith I would be interested in playing with you and learning some from you.

• @Jon:

Oh wow, thats a really nice video. Reminds me of… me… aaah.

It seems your best friends in a group fight are
    1. Their greed for the kill.
    2. Lack of communication in enemy groups.
    3. Look at one, strike at the other.

Fighting a group fight as a viking with the spear isn’t quite as impressive as a fragile ninja with the sword in terms of difficulty, but it’s amazing how easy it can be to stab someone, turn to parry their friend then stab that same first target again.

Yeah, you really have no need to feint, drag or do “strange” things when fighting against a group, what I do is exactly how he does it in the video and it’s really effective. Depending on the class you’re playing you should use a more deffensive / counterattack stance, but at the end you have to go throught them and do what is shown in the video.

With experience you learn how does the “standard” people move like, you anticipate at their attacks and their range, and you are aware of your speed and movment capabilities.

Hell, I love that moments, when you feel like in an epic and bloody POV movie. :D

• Thanks for the words on the video.

King Midas, if you want to add me on steam I’m happy to play some rounds while I am still playing over the next week. I still need footage.

• wow op! u can use op 2shot stick as spamurai against noobs. i do admit that gun kill on viking was cool tho gj, but im pretty sure u recorded like 5 good scenes out of 30 plays. also it seems u can only really die to lmb spam is when u dont flinch the person enough or if you miss an attack which is stupid because i dont understand what mindset players have when they just lmb and lmb constantly and agree with oy that how the game rewards lmb spammers is outrageous and ridiculous but at the same time its easily avoidable. nonetheless good video op i can still kill u in 1v1 duel tho.

• I wouldn’t normally respond to a post like this, but as you’re the first naysayer I’ll go ahead.

If you would take the time to notice, the players are consistent through each video. What does this tell you? Everything in the video is from 1 play.
    LMB spamming is fine considering that players that “abuse” it are only hurting themselves. It’s the basic attack and doesn’t have any advantage over anything else. It’s effective in that it is more likely to hit (horizontal attacks), but it’s slower, has less reach, and is prone to team damage.
    Also, the samurai “stick” is one of the least effective weapons. I would take almost anything over it, as its only benefit is its drag ability. Any spear in the game does what it does better and at longer range.
    These videos aren’t for a display of skill. This is a test video in a short series I’d like to make acting as tutorials for taking on groups.

• u sure stick isnt affective cus sometimes its so slow and only takes a noob to drag with it which fools with interpretation of its landing

• I agree that you can make it deceptively slow with proper dragging, but doing that isn’t something that I’d say “noobs” do. That actually is imo more difficult than a lot of tactics “noobs” do use.
    There are a few more difficult weapons as samurai, but there are also much easier.

• no dude stick just two shots and its really noob cus it just relies on ur opponent messing up and all everyone really does with it is sprint and lmb and occasionally overhead on riposte which is lame. also does dw work for u?

• The Samurai Bat is one of my favorite weapons to pubstomp with, the cracking sound is great, and I can regularly land overheads with it dragging to the side and strafing, 1-2 combo and they’re probably dead. If not, quick stab finishes them.
    The Naginata is really good for group fights, it’s kind of like a Japanese halberd lol. I’d prefer the Nodachi under certain circumstances though, simply because it has almost the same range and more damage.
    The Wakizashi is poo, i never use it.
    The Katana is pretty legit as a pure skill weapon.
    The Spear is pretty good at making people ragequit.

Spartan is my other favorite pubstomping class. Either Dory or Short Spears if I’m in a spear-chucking mood.