SaFE Survival Guide!

• Hail the glorious Empire!

http://youtu.be/4oMmgwhmTZk

• I saw the video pop up in my subscribtions. Nice video(and long) as always HEXEN!

• @Rickvs:

I saw the video pop up in my subscribtions. Nice video(and long) as always HEXEN!

Mason Archer: “Thank YOU sir!”

• Can’t believe you’re still around Hex, you went dark for a while, figured you gave up and quit lol.
    What do you think of DW? As someone with 500 hours in Chiv, I personally prefer DW to the current state of MW.

• @Oy:

Can’t believe you’re still around Hex, you went dark for a while, figured you gave up and quit lol.
    What do you think of DW? As someone with 500 hours in Chiv, I personally prefer DW to the current state of MW.

Personally, and no offense to you or your tastes, I think DW looks dumb. It never looked appealing to me. Watching videos of gameplay and talking to other people that I trust, confirmed those original feelings.

It also came at a time when MW still needed TONS of work… it still does. Regardless of the product or company, I won’t buy a second product from a company that left me feeling dissatisfied with their first.

Finally, I just prefer the medieval atmosphere more than an arcade mashup of fighters :)

• Stay mad Hex

• @Pungvarg:

Stay mad Hex

Well shit now that you told him to stay mad, he better stay mad.

Because that’s how emotions work.

• Stay hidden, Thy ;)

• I thought Deadliest Warrior sounded kind of dumb, and I was 50-50 excited/nervous about it, but figured I’d buy it anyway. It’s really fun as just a casual jump-in-and-play kind of game, but it’s also really fun as a learn-all-the-classes-and-rape-people kind of game. People wanted dual-wielding and crazy weapons and more effective spear/shield combo and blah blah blah for Chivalry, and this game is kind of like TBS giving us all that fantasy stuff we figured would never make it into MW, but surprisingly more balanced and actually functional than it sounds, given the Torn Banner track record.
    The ridiculousness of 3 Spartans fighting 3 Vikings, when incomes a team of Ninjas on one side and a lone Samurai on the other, who cleans up the stragglers only to be shot down by a Pirate is what makes it so hilarious and fun, albiet frustrating and potentially dangerous to mice/keyboards rofl.

TL;DR - DW is more fun and more competitive than MW currently is, if you’ve quit MW due to dissappointment and waiting forever for patches, then I suggest hopping into DW. At the very least you’ll get like 10 or 20 hours out of it, and that’s even if you don’t like it.

• @Oy:

…snip…

I’d rather save that money for Star Citizen ;)

I already have a fund going, so I should be able to build a new rig right before the game hits. I’ve given enough money to Chivalry/TB hehe

• Hornet or Constellation package?
    I like the included “Six Month Hull Insurance” lol

• Was actually thinking about the 300i package. Get the soundtrack and a slick little ship with some starting credits.

I kind of want to wait until the actual release of the game though to be honest. Just experience it all at once, after it’s been tested and optimized and ready to go. Maybe grab the Oculus Rift as well ;)

• @H:

I’d rather save that money for Star Citizen ;)

I already have a fund going, so I should be able to build a new rig right before the game hits. I’ve given enough money to Chivalry/TB hehe

Looks cool. Reminds me of the original Elite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYciOsyQb-I

• I’ve got Star Citizen, when the multipalyer dog-fighting comes out, BOOM! I’ll be playing that. I’ll also be getting the Oculus rift. I think on that day, Chiv will be dead to me, providing Star Citizen can provide that hook that chiv got into me.

• @Toll:

I’ve got Star Citizen, when the multipalyer dog-fighting comes out, BOOM! I’ll be playing that. I’ll also be getting the Oculus rift. I think on that day, Chiv will be dead to me, providing Star Citizen can provide that hook that chiv got into me.

When Star Citizen hits, all other games will vanish from my library. Chivalry is just a time killer until then.

Tell you the truth, after the debacle that was/is Chivalry, SC is kind of my own personal last hope for PC gaming. It’s the only new game on my radar that I’m actually excited about. As stupid as it sounds, Chivalry actually killed a large part of my enthusiasm when it comes to gaming, online games in particular.

The time I spend in front of the computer and gaming has significantly gone down since I quit "playing" Chivalry.

• Thanks Tom Banner, you killed HEXEN.

• @BillDoor:

Thanks Tom Banner, you killed HEXEN.

FUCK YOU STEVE PIGGOT!

• Meh, I blame myself for expecting too much. I now expect nothing out of this game or its developers and I’m a happy camper!

As long as the troll aspect, stupid weapons and voice commands remain in the game, I can play it casually and get some laughs.

• @H:

Meh, I blame myself for expecting too much. I now expect nothing out of this game or its developers and I’m a happy camper!

As long as the troll aspect, stupid weapons and voice commands remain in the game, I can play it casually and get some laughs.

Thank god SaFE includes the sling, then.
    So far you don’t have a specific rule about fisting people to death, though. It would be cool to see a video about how to demolish knights with huge weapons by only using fists.

• Haha, well, everyone has fists regardless of their loadout. So I guess it’s an approved weapon… a MANLY weapon at that!

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.