Concerns regarding forum bans.

• I’m posting here on behalf of several of my friends in the Chiv community who have received forum bans, and
    for the many posters who may not be aware of this issue. While my voice in the community certainly does not
    speak with as much weight, and with as many behind me as it once may have, I still feel I can speak for many when I express my concern at the number of and circumstances regarding forum bans. While some bans are certainly warranted, im sure some are not. (To the mods:) It is important to resist the urge to censor those who say things that you may find insulting, or who you disagree with. Its also unfair to ban one or two individuals for breaking a particular (usually vague) rule, but to not ban scores of other individuals for breaking the same rule. This is something I think I have been seeing a fair amount of. To call it favoritism may be a stretch, but its certainly noticeable that certain posters have been banned, while others who frequently commit similar transgressions, are not. Overall, I take my hat off to the moderators who i’m sure work very hard to try to keep the forums a great community. That said, I would like to remark that I have heard of great moderators losing their moderator status under questionable circumstances. All that said, I would like to send this final message to those who post on and browse the forum (To the posters and browsers): Stay vigilant, do not accept unfair treatment, if you see something wrong (from posters or from mods), call it out. The moderators alone cannot keep the forums honest, and they need people to keep them honest.

-ƒ| The Sword Of The Morning

• TBS clearly does not care about the forums or feedback so the ban maul is swung wide against anyone who suggests anything but a rosy picture.

(PS I will edit this post to something super nice if you give my sig pics back.)

• Due to the forum change, it seems the forum rules have been lost, so today I just put them up.

Hopefully now, there is a mutual understanding between moderators and forum members as to why they may have received a warning and/or ban.

If someone gets banned, it’s probably due to disrespect, not because someone from Torn Banner or one of the moderators disagrees with them. We are open for debate and welcome it. :)

• @Keith:

Due to the forum change, it seems the forum rules have been lost, so today I just put them up.

Hopefully now, there is a mutual understanding between moderators and forum members as to why they may have received a warning and/or ban.

If someone gets banned, it’s probably due to disrespect, not because someone from Torn Banner or one of the moderators disagrees with them. We are open for debate and welcome it. :)

Then why is Slygoat standing outside my window? It’s a fuckin blizzard and he’s just standing there, staring in at me. I’M SORRY! I TAKE IT BACK! WHATEVER IT IS I TAKE IT BACK!

…oh my god he’s coming into the hou- HOLY FUCK THAT’S NOT SLYGOAT IT’S STEVE PIGGOT, AAAAAHHHHH!!!

• I was banned today due to being toxic towards multiple people. It was supposed to be a 3 day ban but moderator name withheld just in case was kind enough to lift it due to the way I handled the ban appeal.

Personally I still don’t feel the ban was justified, especially in past bans other people have endured, including Retsnom’s permanent ban on both of his accounts.

In regards to what I said regarding Steve, maybe it was too personal, I’ll admit that. But honestly, what do you expect when we just found out moderators can have signature pictures and we still can’t after almost 2 months? I’m aware there are times and places where a mature, civilized conversation is the right way to go.

And I try, I really do. I try to be civil about it, I try to lay down as many facts as I can, I try to be as reasonable as possible. But when they just deny, deny, and deny even when their argument is completely flawed…it’s very, very frustrating.

It’s a forum, and every single forum on the internet will have arguments that devolve into insults. It’s just part of the culture we’ve created and you know what? I love it.

Let’s admit it, we love it when we get in fights, we love it when we argue…it’s our nature. You can’t stop it, or control it.

When moderating such a potentially toxic place as a forum, you have to be lenient. If someone calls me a dumbass scrub, I’ll get mad, and I’ll throw some insults back, maybe a duel challenge, and vica versa. Personally the only time I feel when someone should be banned is when the insults are composed of very personal attacks.

Like if I called Oy a pot-addicted dick-loving ******, that would be wrong, and I should be banned for that. (I’m just kidding I love you Oy, <3)

But when there’s words like, dumbass, shithead, scrub, noob, etc. thrown around, that’s just the way it is. You can’t control it, and if you were to ban people for saying those things then over half the members on this forum should be banned. (Of course if every single one of their posts is just dumbass, shithead, scrub etc. then of course that’s ban worthy, we need to use common sense here)

There are sometimes cases where let’s say a noob comes in here and made a huge wall about how dragging was OP. TAKE COVER. You can give him all the facts in the world proving otherwise but he’ll still believe dragging is OP, and we’ll probably start to flame him. It’s going to happen.

In this case, locking the thread would be the best solution. Not a ban. You have to use common sense and your own judgment. (Unless one of us is saying we’ll rape his mother and he’s a ******, then yes, ban us. Please.)

I’m not satisfied with the current moderation of these forums. Sometimes mods, and yes I’m referring to you directly, dissappear for weeks and sometimes even months without any kind of messages or moderation. And sometimes you go ban-happy, or thread lock happy.

I know I was banned without any kind of warning prior, no messages, nothing. I’m sure the same thing has happened to other people.

Let’s improve these forums. Please, people like Lemon and I need to make posts to fill the empty holes in our souls. (If you want to be blunt I’m addicted)

And one more thing…

GIVE ME MY GOD DAMN SIGNATURE PICTURES YOU ban.

• WOAH MAN, THAT WAS A PERSONAL ATTACK. I REQUEST YOU BE- one second, i need another toke. Ok-BANNED IMMEDIATELY MOTHERFUCKER!

• ^^ swearing at another user. Permabanned.

• Oy…my feelers…they burn…;_;

• This is were you need out of the box thinking tbh. Other gamers with back bone simply set up unofficial forums about the games they liked. Often taking the core of good posters/gamers with them and in some lots of cases doing better then the main forum. Its not difficult to obtain a free forum the internet is full of them. Below you is a locked topic were as a moderator added a new post regarding signature today after the topic was locked. You are a cad and a scoundrel sir, I slap you with a white glove, pistols at 6am in rochester kent, bring your own priest.

• @loin:

You are a cad and a scoundrel sir, I slap you with a white glove, pistols at 6am in rochester kent, bring your own priest.

This is how you insult someone!

• @Flippy:

This is how you insult someone!

A subtle one is " I hope your next heart attack is your last :D
    Or your gf is a Two bag woman

• Were you born this stupid, or did you have to work at it?

• You look like you fell out of an ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

• You weren’t dropped on your head as a baby, you were thrown across the room.

• Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries!

• My dad can beat up your dad!

• Listen, punk. To me you’re nothin’ but dogshit, you understand? And a lot of things can happen to dogshit. It can be scraped up with a shovel off the ground. It can dry up and blow away in the wind. Or it can be stepped on and squashed. So take my advice and be careful where the dog shits ya!

• DOUBLE POST MUST BAN

• Y’all getting banned.

• You don’t feel your ban was justified???

Being on the receiving end of it I did.

And they are lenient. This is the most lenient forum I’ve been on. They just decided to actually enforce the rules. The ones they lost. They didn’t ban anyone before now.

Personally I think all bans are justified. And its only for a few days anyway. Only ban I’m not happy with is retsnoms ban. Though we all know he would just carry on doing what he was doing. He’s been that way ever since he joined the forums. It wasn’t just me he argued with and insulted. Do all of us here honestly think he can restrain himself?

And you can control your words its a forum. Its called the backspace key. Yes. So if you right a post and see any words such as “Dumbass” and “shithead” you just delete those words. Or learn some self control. No need to insult people like that. No class. No maturity.

• Weed kills.

• @Userper:

Weed kills.

Says the radical dictator.