Community choice: Priorities.

• Seems to be a lot of “fix your fucking game TB” floating around the forums, so naturally I thought I’d poke the bear and reignite some discussion in a controlled manner, with a top ten priorities list for 2014. Will be interesting to see where and what people think needs attention without shit getting out of hand like it always does, and hopefully if TB ever decides to brave the forums they might get a decent grasp on what the community actually wants.

In order:

1. Fix Unlock bug
    2. Fix Rank bug
    3. Fix the new stuck-spots and left over statics on the current live maps
    4. Map competition/new TO maps
    5. Reduce the bubble size, or develop a user-friendly alternative.
    6. Reinstate Balance Council (yeah, you heard me.)
    7. Address current game balance
    8. Adjust the tracers/anims on some weapons and van charges.
    9. Fix your forums so greg can have his ladies back
    10. More hats.

Lezgo

• “balance council” lol
    Add “Allow custom maps to run on RANKED servers” (so there’s incentive to play them.)

• Remove recovery parry. Even if you don’t re-add combo feint to parry or feint to parry, remove recovery parry. The game is far worse because of it. Fix stamina. Change the claymore. These are my top priorities.

• Balance council? If it was the Balance council’s idea to change to claymore to what it is now, then don’t reinstate it please.
    Also yeah, those new stuck spots are pretty annoying. And surprising sometimes. It seems like nothing is in the way, but suddenly you get stuck.

• I would like to say 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10, but since I can only pick one I chooose…

• 1. Fix bugs

• Hold on, first fix some really old stuff:

*Some objectives require you to use a ballista/other siege weapon, even though 90% of the time you’re pretty muched screwed because you can’t attack or block afterwards.

***Shields are still completely nerfed to shit. Also very common is where you block an attack, drop the shield, and then suddenly your character automatically does a stab or overhead(which pretty much means you’re dead in most cases, because the opponent that is out of reach can immediately counter).

*Noble family looks like peasants

You can say “push the cart!” in TDM/FFA/LTS matches.*

These are just on the top of my mind. The first 2 really need to be adressed quick IMO, just like:

***Vanguard charges.

*Ranking and unlocking.

Noble family spawning out of place.*

• Hotfix rank/weapon/experience bugs.

OP’s list is pretty much spot on for my feelings except for the Balance Council part.

• @LTTLWLF:

4. Map competition/new TO maps

I would certainly say it might be an idea for TB to officially add the best community maps to the game. The trouble I find with custom maps is finding servers hosting them (at least with a decent player count and ping). That wouldn’t be an issue if they were included in the base game and part of normal server rotations.

• In order

Balance council was destroyed by the Sith.

• Just want to add in that the balance changes were completely against what the Balance Council wanted. The Balance Council literally had no influence on any balance changes in “the patch.”

• @SOC:

Remove recovery parry. Even if you don’t re-add combo feint to parry or feint to parry, remove recovery parry. The game is far worse because of it. Fix stamina. Change the claymore. These are my top priorities.

If you remove recovery parry then you have no way to get out of a combo to parry. It will become like DW where the person with the longest weapon always wins.

• 1,2,3. As a newer player I’m being really frustrated by the unlocking and rank glitches. This game is fantastic and has great potential but if you can’t get some of the progression elements fixed you’ll lose a chunk of your fan base. I come from an MMO background and players like me also enjoy earning improvements, its a massive draw for a game. Look at the economic successes of things like World of Warcraft and Farmville. Progression paths bring $$$. Do it please.

• If the changes were completely against the Council I guess they wanted a nerf to Polehammer, Flails and every ranged weapon but the Warbow and Crossbow? Okay there were a lot of overdone or unneeded changes but after all the balance did improve (more on the side of formerly weak weapons thus less noticable to most players). The most unneeded buff was still the Warbow Bodkin - but nobody cares because the excesss damage is only noticable to shield users.

Mechanics were the big downfall. My list:

1. Flying Vanguard fix
    2. Animation and Stability fixes (ghost strikes etc.)
    3. Hitbox fixes (kill the bubble and reduce general getting stuck, strike/block hitboxes matching visual size)
    4. Unlock bug fix
    5. Proper falling (head bouncing and drop attacks from a 10m wall - really?)
    6. Strike mechanics (no striking through obstacles by virtue of being too close, damage ramp-up during strikes)
    7. Shield buff
    8. Revised stamina system (more punishing than the old but less frustrating than the new one)
    9. A satisfying compromise on the Recovery/Panic-Parry/CFtP front (aka rid the always parry meta AND the always combo meta)
    10. Further weapon balance and ranged spread (especially when moving and shortly thereafter)

• ^This is what I wanted to see, lists people, we need lists.

My reasoning for bringing back a balance council is pretty much that I don’t completely trust TB to make the right call when it comes to game balance, and would rather have experienced players providing insight where it’s needed. I’m not asking for radical changes, but some tweaks are definitely necessary.

• Fix the Rank/Unlock bug ASAP this is just destroying retention of new players. It’s disgraceful it hasn’t been fixed yet. Seriously how complex can such a system be!!?

• @Dr.Nick:

If you remove recovery parry then you have no way to get out of a combo to parry. It will become like DW where the person with the longest weapon always wins.

I disagree entirely. If we don’t have either, we will return to the days where knowing a weapons exact range was essential and will give MUCH more emphasis on footwork. As it currently is, missing strikes, even with the longest weapon is null because of parry during recovery. Without either, knowing when to throw out a poke and purposely missing swings would be crucial and would raise the skill ceiling.

I would however suggest a slight reduction in knock back from the large weapons to compensate.

• @DokB:

I disagree entirely. If we don’t have either, we will return to the days where knowing a weapons exact range was essential and will give MUCH more emphasis on footwork. As it currently is, missing strikes, even with the longest weapon is null because of parry during recovery. Without either, knowing when to throw out a poke and purposely missing swings would be crucial and would raise the skill ceiling.

I would however suggest a slight reduction in knock back from the large weapons to compensate.

This could be an interesting concept, would have to see it in action to be sure of it though. Also maybe have a way to nullify knockback using momentum? Say sprinting towards your opponent allows you to negate a larger portion of the knockback than it does now, but standing/moving backwards allows for the full knockback, this way jump parries still have their use, but the huge knockback on brandi/halberd/maul can be minimised to a degree.

Alternatively, how about CFtP without riposte in exchange for panic parry? It would allow parrying during a combo with a decent hit to stamina, whilst removing of some of the offensive potential that I’m sure a lot of people thought was unbalanced. This would make it easier for most wild swings to be punished properly, grant some form of protection when fighting multiple opponents, and brings back the emphasis on footwork and timing.

• @Dr.Nick:

But the longest weapon doesn’t always win in DW… lol

• @SOC:

But the longest weapon doesn’t always win in DW… lol

Halberd LMB spam to victory.