Anyone else having CDW launch issues since the patch?

• Ever since the launcher patch I can no longer play CDW. The launcher opens up fine (although it seems to show 4 boxes for launching editors/playing games). When I press the “Play Deadliest Warrior” button I get a white box error message that repeats until the launcher closes and I am left staring at the steam window. Is this happening to anyone else?

• I tried verifying the game integrity, and reinstalling the game. The only thing that has changed is that I no longer get the error message, the launcher just closes and I am left at the steam window. I noticed something odd, in the binaries\win32 folder(of CDW) when I open CDW.exe, the launcher opens. When I open UDK.exe however, chivalry starts fine. Also upon trying the CDW.exe in the binaries\win64 folder, I get an Application error window (0xc000007b). I hope this helps as I’ve been waiting for a few hours for a fix to this =/

• Haven’t seen that. But it tells you to send all that Info to contact@tornbanner.com. Send that screenshot to them.

• yeah same except i get no error it just doesnt launch

• @Pesky:

yeah same except i get no error it just doesnt launch

I had first error with white box. reinstalled Chivalry and now no box but the game doesn’t start, launcher goes but game not. I can launch medieval warfare by the program86–-steam— root, with the .bat file, but can’t launche deadliest warriors so far. Please fix it!!!

• @Guybrush:

I had first error with white box. reinstalled Chivalry and now no box but the game doesn’t start, launcher goes but game not. I can launch medieval warfare by the program86–-steam— root, with the .bat file, but can’t launche deadliest warriors so far. Please fix it!!!

yeah launching C:MW from file works but theres no way to do it for dw

• @Pesky:

yeah launching C:MW from file works but theres no way to do it for dw

I think that if we find a way to force cdw in 32bit mode it will works. Any ideas?

• Yes, I’ve found a way for it to work, for me at least. So go to: Program Files (x86) > Steam > Steamapps > common > chivalrymedievalwarfare > CDW > Binaries > Win64

Now what you do from there is create a new folder, and place all the win64 files into that folder. Then go to win34 and copy those files into the win64 area, and then, Voila. Say if it works.

• I followed your instructions and it helped me alot. Now I can start the game from the normal desktop icon instead of going to the UDK everytime… Thanks.
    However, as much as it is great CMW is running, I still cant get deadliest warrior going :/ . I still gives me the same error message as CMW vanilla did before: (0xc000007b) CWD Error.
    Is there any way to fix this aswell? :)

Much appriciated.