Current state of the forums.

• Pessimism, Nostalgia sadsacks,

and people who claim they don’t care but obviously still do since they still post on these forums, with the above two criteria.

Oh, and I suppose still the exploit and feint whiners.

You guys still give me entertainment during a slow day, so props. :D

• Oh snap you went there.

Though I fully agree with you. But you may of just started a shitstorm.

• @lemonater47:

Oh snap you went there.

Though I fully agree with you. But you may of just started a shitstorm.

What toppings should I prepare my popcorn with to be ready?

• These days it’s hard not to be pessimist.

• “I’m Nova and I’m pointing out the fact that you people have feelings one way or the other. It’s amusing to watch you all struggle from up in my ivory tower.”

What was the point of this thread, Nova?

• @NoVaLombardia:

Pessimism, Nostalgia sadsacks,

and people who claim they don’t care but obviously still do since they still post on these forums, with the above two criteria.

Oh, and I suppose still the exploit and feint whiners.

You guys still give me entertainment during a slow day, so props. :D

I don’t fit into any of those categories. What should I do? :(

• @DerFürst:

“I’m Nova and I’m pointing out the fact that you people have feelings one way or the other. It’s amusing to watch you all struggle from up in my ivory tower.”

What was the point of this thread, Nova?

If you can explain the point about taking part in the regurgitation of the same threads / responses about ‘pre-patch > post-patch’ even though that isn’t the reason the game died, then I think I might answer your question.

• Enlighten me as to why you think the game died. It might be refreshing to get a different perspective on this.

It was my understanding that: July balance patch -> competitive community died; old guard leave, bug fix patch(es) -> game becomes buggier.

I know I left for those reasons.

• The game died because it couldn’t grow. The main reason behind that is bugged ranks and unlocks. Then lack of new TO maps.

• @lemonater47:

The game died because it couldn’t grow. The main reason behind that is bugged ranks and unlocks. Then lack of new TO maps.

It’s rather sensationalist to say “THE REASON IS…” There’s a multitude of reasons for why this game failed which are all correct.

• Well the competitive community can grow again with the new game IF the game worked with its basic elements. Even if it doesn’t include the old comp players. That patch killed off the competitive community. The only thing stopping it from growing now though is the fact that ranking up and unlocks are broken.

• imo the game died because there aren’t enough hats and there’s no way to obtain many of the hats without spending cash. For every pay hat there should be at least 3 free hats. Note, I’m not saying just to give them out easily. The free hats should be difficult or time consuming to unlock. And there needs to be at least 100 hats. I’ve been on a break from Chivalry, not because I got bored of it, but because I had other things to distract myself with. You know what brought me back? New hats.

• Well personally, I think that the game died because archers lacked power in the competitive scene. There were a handful of archers that could of be seen as useful. Otherwise archers were obsolete and a pointless class. Chivalry competitive scene would of grown to the heights of almost league of legends, if they simply buffed archers more. With archers ability to not 1 shot every class with an arrow to the leg, it made the game non realistic and not fun. I hope Torn-Banner can see as I am the most skilled archer in the game, and former member of the balance council, that I should simply be running this shit. Thanks, and also please include more great sword next patch. (For biscuit)

"Not even the balls to show the names? What is this pathetic ****** shit here? Personally i can play live for you guys, I will stomp everyone and win this shit with ease and i will show you how unbalanced live is, aiiight guys? Is that nice for you? I will try the hardest then ever before for you guys, just to wreck you big time in this “fun” tournament.

And then you can tell me to adapt to live." - Crushed 2013

• @Flotch:

Well personally, I think that the game died because archers lacked power in the competitive scene. There were a handful of archers that could of be seen as useful. Otherwise archers were obsolete and a pointless class. Chivalry competitive scene would of grown to the heights of almost league of legends, if they simply buffed archers more. With archers ability to not 1 shot every class with an arrow to the leg, it made the game non realistic and not fun. I hope Torn-Banner can see as I am the most skilled archer in the game, and former member of the balance council, that I should simply be running this shit. Thanks, and also please include more great sword next patch. (For biscuit)

I second this.

• Nay, Flotch!

I think most archers gave up when the pavise started turning into firewood. The projectile speed buff needs to come back. We need to be able to surf while reloading our crossbows. Why can’t we reload like we are supposed to–like what actually happened back in the medieval days: effortlessly gliding through the battlefield on magical surfboards shooting brown people.

• this thread is full of 3rd grade autism

• ^^^ lol

Thanks for that one, CRUSHED!

• @CRUSHED:

this thread is full of 3rd grade autism

Called opinions.

Have you never been in a duel when you and the other guy use CFtP? That’s what I call dumbed down.

• @lemonater47:

Called opinions.

Have you never been in a duel when you and the other guy use CFtP? That’s what I call dumbed down.

It is my opinion that people in New Zealand engage in sexual activity with the sheep species.

It is my opinion, so no factual evidence can change my opinion with which I am entitled to.

• @lemonater47:

Called opinions.

You act like it was necessary for TB to fuck the entire game up when removing cftp… which was all people wanted…

No one was upset (outside the people who spammed that shit) that Cftp was gone. They were upset TB decided to take it upon themselves to then completely ass rape the rest of the game play, then release the patch contrary to what the council was saying.

I mean… I remember the day after “that” patch, getting in game for the first time and just going “WHAT THE SERIOUS FUCK HAPPENED?!”

Then I remembered thinking “ah, don’t worry, TB will undo this, they’re not this fucking retarded” when I saw the forums and the responses.