Big fps drop after patch

• before this patch, chivalry ran perfect. it had smooth performance and a good fps. now after the patch the game runs really slow and choppy. I know its not my pc because its brand new. does anybody else have this problem?

• In fact most, if not all folks, have seen a moderate to significant increase in FPS after the last big patch. Did you just perform any other installations, software, drivers or otherwise? If so, try rolling that back, ie uninstalling.

• well with the 64bit version I get less fps and more clip through enemies so I just made it use the 32 bit .exe instead and everything’s fine again :x

• @Xylvion:

well with the 64bit version I get less fps and more clip through enemies so I just made it use the 32 bit .exe instead and everything’s fine again :x

This is the solution. Don’t use the 64bit launch.

• I’m curious of the specs of you guys who get a lower Framerate using the 64bit version. I get the opposite.

• @lemonater47:

I’m curious of the specs of you guys who get a lower Framerate using the 64bit version. I get the opposite.

Operating System
    Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

CPU
    Intel Core i7 3770K @ 3.50GHz
    Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology

RAM
    12.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 951MHz (11-11-11-30)

Motherboard
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P8Z77-V PRO (LGA1155)

Graphics
    S27B370 (1920x1080@60Hz)
    F9AH(TMDS) (1280x1024@60Hz)
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti

• @lemonater47:

I’m curious of the specs of you guys who get a lower Framerate using the 64bit version. I get the opposite.

Processor: 4th generation intel core i7-4700mq (6mb cache)
    Graphics: Nvidia gtx 770m with 2 GB GDDR5
    Memory: 8GB Dual Channel DDR3L at 1600MHz
    Hard Drive: 750GB SATA 6Gb/s (7,200 RPM)

I have a 64 bit computer. but should I run it in 32 bit? because im only getting 20 fps. I tried lowering the resolution and the I put all the settings to low. and its still plays like crap. KEEP IN MIND, this game ran perfect before the patch with an fps of at least 60.

• how do I change it to 32 bit?

• That’s interesting.

I’ve essentially got a PC a whole level under yours with an i5 3570K at 3.4GHz 8GB of DDR3 RAM duel channel at 1600MHz and an AMD 5670OC-GI. My graphics card is probably quite a bit worse than yours. Though its better than the standard being 1GB instead of 512MB, GDDR5 instead of DDR3 as 810MHz instead of 775MHz. Its actually better than the 1GB DDR3 6670 which is pretty funny. My card 4 years ago was originally gonna be the 5690 to plug the gap between the 5670 and 5750. But they changed the name for some reason. In some parts of the instruction manual it actually says 5690.

But yeah I get I get a performance boost with 64 bit. It Changes RAM and CPU usage. Your RAM is pretty damn slow RAM at 951MHz mines actually performing at 1601.74297729really$:10!:748long)8$7number7483MHz. Graphics card usage is the same. So it might be related to RAM and RAM usage is increased with 64bit. My computer in 64bit chivalry sometimes uses over 5GB of RAM and never below 4GB. But performance wise it has a more steady FPS and its about 30% more.

• Actually, idk what the problem is with my ram. From the factory it comes at 2133MHz…

• @kevman:

Processor: 4th generation intel core i7-4700mq (6mb cache)
    Graphics: Nvidia gtx 770m with 2 GB GDDR5
    Memory: 8GB Dual Channel DDR3L at 1600MHz
    Hard Drive: 750GB SATA 6Gb/s (7,200 RPM)

I have a 64 bit computer. but should I run it in 32 bit? because im only getting 20 fps. I tried lowering the resolution and the I put all the settings to low. and its still plays like crap. KEEP IN MIND, this game ran perfect before the patch with an fps of at least 60.

Sound of things the game decided to use the integrated graphics instead of your 770m.

Go to your Nvidia control panel and do stuff to fix it. I never owned Nvidia so I wouldn’t know how. Or go to the Bios and disable it.

• I got 16gb ram 2133Mhz and liquid cooled CPU. I noted a performance drop as well.

• That’s because this game is the epitome of an unoptimized title. What makes it really funny, is that it’s a tried and true engine and other games created by different developers don’t run nearly as bad. Maybe it’s because Chivalry is so complex, or maybe it’s because TB can’t code worth a damn. Given the games track record, I’m inclined to believe the latter.

I won’t say I’ve noticed a hit in performance with every update, but I’d say a good 75% of them have lowered my FPS. This becomes especially clear when I start to record. I remember when the game released there was very little difference between recording and not. Now, it feels like I have to fight the game as well as the enemy. The footage still comes out clear, but while I’m playing it’s absolutely horrendous. I have to rely more on my muscle memory and learned motions than what I’m actually being shown on screen.

The more time that passes, the more I think TB stumbled across their original build by accident. I can just picture somebody with their arms held timidly to the sides of a house of cards they just built, or how people look when they play Jenga. TB, you can’t take the bottom blocks first! The tower falls over!

• @H:

That’s because this game is the epitome of an unoptimized title. What makes it really funny, is that it’s a tried and true engine and other games created by different developers don’t run nearly as bad. Maybe it’s because Chivalry is so complex, or maybe it’s because TB can’t code worth a damn. Given the games track record, I’m inclined to believe the latter.

I won’t say I’ve noticed a hit in performance with every update, but I’d say a good 75% of them have lowered my FPS. This becomes especially clear when I start to record. I remember when the game released there was very little difference between recording and not. Now, it feels like I have to fight the game as well as the enemy. The footage still comes out clear, but while I’m playing it’s absolutely horrendous. I have to rely more on my muscle memory and learned motions than what I’m actually being shown on screen.

The more time that passes, the more I think TB stumbled across their original build by accident. I can just picture somebody with their arms held timidly to the sides of a house of cards they just built, or how people look when they play Jenga. TB, you can’t take the bottom blocks first! The tower falls over!

This game Un-optimised?

Shit, there’s way worse games released in 2013 by “Professional” developers with worse optimisation that this. Especially after the last big patch which doubled FPS on some maps. This game is smooth as butter compared to those.

To be honest chivalry is one of the better optimised UE3 games I’ve played. Its now on par with RO2 and better in some ways, worse in others.

You ou gotta play some other games there Hexan. To know the true meaning of a shit game.

• Trust me. I bought X-Rebirth. I know what a shit game is.

Chivalry is poorly optimized, period. There’s no way around it. There might be other games that are worse, there always is, but it’s like gloating about placing 95th out of 100.

“Well, at least I’m not the worst ^.^ lolz”

• As much as I love the game, I do agree with hexen. It’s still my favourite game at the moment though, even with all the anger causing issues…

• @H:

Trust me. I bought X-Rebirth. I know what a shit game is.

Chivalry is poorly optimized, period. There’s no way around it. There might be other games that are worse, there always is, but it’s like gloating about placing 95th out of 100.

“Well, at least I’m not the worst ^.^ lolz”

Trust me. Its no where near the worst.

• I thought one of the most recent patches brought in optimised textures? That is when i experienced the fps hit, though it was only slight.

• @lemonater47:

Trust me. Its no where near the worst.

I can run the new Tomb Raider on 3 monitors with TressFX and all the eyecandy, but Chivalry on a single monitor I have to tone down. Just Cause 2, Portal 2, Crysis 2, AVP2011… 3X the resolution of Chivalry with all the settings, and I still get better performance.

Chivalry is a shit optimized title buddy. I don’t really care if it’s “not the worst”, it’s still fucking bad.

Stop replying.

• @H:

…it’s still fucking bad.

Stop replying.

Regardless of your opinion stop swearing like a spoilt brat.