UDK crash in win XP after jan 2014 update (Virtual memory error)

• The game won’t start after the latest update.
    It was working before and the rest of my games on steam are working correctly.

I attached the latest log file.

I checked the pagination file size and changed it to be managed by the system, the free disk space is over 50gb in the OS partition.

Here are the solutions I’ve tried so far:

Validating the game’s cache integrity
    Deleting the config folder inside “My Games”
    Redownloading the game from scratch
    Changing to the previous version in the BETA tab
    Running the game from either UDK.exe and SDK - Launch game.bat
    Restarting the computer (I also did this after each of the previous steps)

• [0070.58] Critical: appError called: Ran out of virtual memory. To prevent this condition, you must free up more space on your primary hard disk.
    Also - Windows XP support ends in May. Time to upgrade your OS.

• @BillDoor:

[0070.58] Critical: appError called: Ran out of virtual memory. To prevent this condition, you must free up more space on your primary hard disk.
    Also - Windows XP support ends in May. Time to upgrade your OS.

I will update the OS, though right now it’s not possible, at lease until march-april.
    However the game worked with about 10gb of free space, after the error I left 50gb of free space just in case and it doesn’t work either.

• Is there any actually helpful solution other than a misinformed reply and a future warning?

• I noticed that the game will work after a full uninstall/reinstall if started before the new launcher has time to download the “workshop” files mentioned in the bottom right of new launcher window.

I will post my full workaround once I’m sure.

• Misinformed? It’s the error in your txt file.
    OK then, I won’t make any further suggestions. Good luck.

• As I explained before the postm, the hard drive has plenty of free space and I cleared about 50gb after the error, CMW was working before the update with much less free space. More demanding games are woking correctly. So yes, you just assumed I didn’t even read the log.

There’s a problem causing the virtual memory error, yes, but not lack of space in the hard drive.

• i have the same problem

• but i have a NVIDIA Geforce 9800 GT, i heard the problem is caused by my grafic card, sth. like a shader problem with unreal engine.

• The next steps I would recommend include:

1. Check free space on the disk Chivalry is on (if different from the OS) and your My Documents folder is on (if different from OS)
    2. Remove any readyboost sticks.
    3. Run memtest
    4. Run checkdsk

• I’ve upgraded my OS to vista sp2 from scratch and I still got the same error, over 500gb free in the disk game and system are installed.

[0079.15] Warning: Warning, Failed to load ‘Class None.’: Failed to find object ‘Class None.’[0079.15] Warning: Warning, Failed to find object ‘Class None.’
    [0079.15] Warning: Warning, Failed to load ‘Class None.’: Failed to find object ‘Class None.’
    [0079.15] Warning: Warning, Failed to find object ‘Class None.’
    [0089.37] Critical: appError called: Ran out of virtual memory. To prevent this condition, you must free up more space on your primary hard disk.
    [0089.37] Critical: Windows GetLastError: El sistema no puede encontrar el archivo especificado. (2)
    [0105.34] Log: === Critical error: ===
    Ran out of virtual memory. To prevent this condition, you must free up more space on your primary hard disk.

Address = 0x777eb09e (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\KERNEL32.dll]
    Address = 0x593681 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x5a0973 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]
    Address = 0x526f2b (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe]

• Did you run checkdsk? That error could indicate bad sectors on your hard drive.

• yes both disk and ram checks were ok. And prior to this, the installation of the OS was on a different HD which was working correctly too.

• Can you post a dxdiag? This error message seems to be common on unreal/udk games. I recall disabling Ambient Occlusion, Depth of Field and Motion Blur used to help with an older video card in another U3 based game.

• I did disable those in the config, but I’ll post the dxdiag. Note: I’m playing some other games using the U3 engine.

• I’ve attached the requested files, please note:

The very first time I launched the game after the update (when I was using XP) the error message was different, it mentioned an infinite loop, and the game made it to the server seach screen. (after that it always crashes when loading the Main Menu)
    I removed a ram module because I wanted to make sure that the game was failing with all the combinations.
    I just installed windows 7 so there may be something I’m missing regarding drivers and whatnot.

Thanks for the answers so far.

• [0104.16] Log: Read config file: …\UDKGame\Config\WrangleContent.ini
    [0104.36] Warning: Warning, Failed to load ‘Class None.’: Failed to find object ‘Class None.’
    [0104.38] Warning: Warning, Failed to find object ‘Class None.’
    [0104.38] Warning: Warning, Failed to load ‘Class None.’: Failed to find object ‘Class None.’
    [0104.38] Warning: Warning, Failed to find object ‘Class None.’

‘Class None’ … Well this is frustrating.
    I see someone in another thread is also having this issue, too.

• Any news on this?

Where can I request a refund?

• I would suggest a problem might exist between Chivalry and DW , as one is 64bit and the other is not. Since the latest update my 32bit windows xp rig , will not play chivalry at all. note it is a dual gtx580 system with Quad 9550. Which was perfect prior to update. My other 3 systems all play fine after update. Two W7 ultimate 64bit pc’s , One windows 8 pro 64bit pc.

Could it be so simple as just to make DW into a 32 bit platform. Perhaps the launcher is wired up wrong.
    I would suggest to TB they have a small network of computers with 32 and 64 bit operating systems. Update those at each patch. if no problems arise then release that patch/update into the community. It might save such problems in the future. kind regards loin

• I found the option _oldver in steam beta but that one doesn’t work either, so maybe it was also effected by the update but just doesn’t have the new loader.

Is there a way we can opt for the build prior to the update for those with this problem, Torn Banner?