Power corrupts

• @loin:

There is no confusion here, the topic was about adding text to already locked posts. I admit sending a message to a member who turned out to be a yellow substance. If you want to swear at members or insult them on a board then off course they will pm you. Perhaps he needs his mom or one of the forum members to hold his hand when they take offence at being insulted at on a board. This kind of rubbish and draconian moving, banning posts, or adding to locked posts, does not occur on other forums and are we not in a democracy ? did we go through all those wars to end up being such a non democratic place our homeland? We might as well be in Russia kgb ( n/o or perhaps north korea )

Mom? I thought you were English?

And this kinda stuff does happen on other forums. On a far larger scale.

Are you a 16 year old American pretending to be an old English dude? You don’t seem to know much about what goes on around the place.

• @lemonater47:

Mom? I thought you were English?

And this kinda stuff does happen on other forums. On a far larger scale.

Are you a 16 year old American pretending to be an old English dude? You don’t seem to know much about what goes on around the place.

Regardless of your opinion I do know the kind of tepid mucus eating bug you are. Its no wonder Crushed wrote what he did about you mr lemon before it was deleted. You are the shower curtain guy from Planes, trains and automobiles, I would almost say the most irritating creature ever seen in any gaming community.

• Inb4locklol

• “If you want to swear at members or insult them on a board then off course they will pm you.”

Exactly.

So you two should take it to the PMs. :D

" This kind of rubbish and draconian moving, banning posts, or adding to locked posts, does not occur on other forums and are we not in a democracy ?"

This actually does happen a lot on other forums.

As for adding to locked posts, this has always happened here, however the only time that this has happened recently is when Bob added a post to YOUR topic when he answered YOUR question/post regarding a question asked towards Steve. Which is why I didn’t know whether to take this serious or not because one of your complaints is essentially about a moderator answering you.

I don’t understand this mentality recently where if a moderator does something to someone else, it’s fine but as soon as it affects you personally, it becomes a problem.

Lets refrain from insulting each other and if you must, please take it to the PMs.

• I prefer arguments on the boards. Much more entertaining. PM is no fun and ruins the point of arguing on a forum. :D

• @Flippy:

I prefer arguments on the boards. Much more entertaining. PM is no fun and ruins the point of arguing on a forum. :D

You get banned for arguing. Apparently you can’t argue on forums it’s against the rules.

And bobs always been adding to locked posts. Same with that other moderator that disappeared. Starts with “R”. A million posts as well, can’t think of his name. Anyway it ain’t the end of the world if someone adds to a locked post.

• @Keith:

“If you want to swear at members or insult them on a board then off course they will pm you.”

Exactly.

So you two should take it to the PMs. :D

" This kind of rubbish and draconian moving, banning posts, or adding to locked posts, does not occur on other forums and are we not in a democracy ?"

This actually does happen a lot on other forums.

As for adding to locked posts, this has always happened here, however the only time that this has happened recently is when Bob added a post to YOUR topic when he answered YOUR question/post regarding a question asked towards Steve. Which is why I didn’t know whether to take this serious or not because one of your complaints is essentially about a moderator answering you.

I don’t understand this mentality recently where if a moderator does something to someone else, it’s fine but as soon as it affects you personally, it becomes a problem.

Lets refrain from insulting each other and if you must, please take it to the PMs.

Actually it was not just my post Keith I have seen it on other posts. Already locked then a moderator adds his 2 cents worth. If you noted I acted within the rules taking an issue to private message mode with another member. It was he who then posted it on the public forum seeking some kind of respect or bravado , do you really think people admire cowards such as dokb? Lastly I note that once again nearly every last comment on every post as I log back on is by lemon again as it was prior to bans.

Are you really going to allow , despite being banned Twice now, Lemonater47 to put his mark on every post still? he sits back and jumps on what he believes is the in crowds stance. Why should I be reminded to take it to pm when nobody else does and you allow such rubbish to continue mr moderator.

Our community needs to be self moderated with us the members by votes deciding what posts to be edited etc or locked. if a post reaches enough votes by registered members then action is taken by us.

• A self moderated forum.

I’ve seen a couple of them. They don’t stay self moderated for long. They get overrun by trolls and bullies. Ends up being better to have no moderation than having the community moderate. You fail to see that. On one forums it backfired on those who suggested it and on the other forum there weren’t enough active moderators so that’s why they did it.

As you say, power corrupts. Giving us power is no better. Worse.

And am I not allowed an opinion? That’s how it is is it? I always like putting the other point of view in even though I may not be one I share. I take in all variables. Go over all aspects of things. That way when there’s a suggesting things get discussed properly so if torn banner decides to use a community suggestion every aspect of that suggestion has been does used to overall try and make a better game. Multiple points of views is better than one. As one point of view often misses out a lot of things, one stance doesn’t cover every possible outcome, doesn’t cover all the implications.
    Your self moderated forum idea is a perfect example of that I’m afraid.

• I wouldn’t mind being a moderator, I’m on enough lol.

• A reminder. Do not publicly disclose private messages, or things shall get…draconian.

If you have a problem with a PM, report it to one of our team of pure and holy moderators who will use their righteous powers to assist.

Private messages are designed to be private by nature. Using them to fuel public arguments is especially frowned upon.

That goes for everyone.

Carry on chaps.

• I wouldn’t mind being a mod either. Although I don’t think I’d want to wear the Moderator outfit. I would be the people’s moderator! :D

• I would ban all the other mods, and start a forum dictatorship.

• @Oy:

I would ban all the other mods, and start a forum dictatorship.

Oy for Dictator!

• My first promise is to kidnap Kimiko until signature pictures are given back. I shall store her in my underground lair, muhahaha.
    I will then edit all of Lemonator’s posts to gibberish and reset his post count.
    Next I reskin the background to a nice shade of purple with dark blue and black trim.
    I promise at least one Slygoat post a day, because these forums need more Slygoat.
    Flippy shall be my warrior-servant and right hand, and will be notorious for killing his enemies with his Clint Eastwood staredown.

• @Oy:

My first promise is to kidnap Kimiko until signature pictures are given back. I shall store her in my underground lair, muhahaha.
    I will then edit all of Lemonator’s posts to gibberish and reset his post count.
    Next I reskin the background to a nice shade of purple with dark blue and black trim.
    I promise at least one Slygoat post a day, because these forums need more Slygoat.
    Flippy shall be my warrior-servant and right hand, and will be notorious for killing his enemies with his Clint Eastwood staredown.

Sounds truly glorious my liege, however I kill my enemies with the most precise of reverse overheads. The CE staredown is beyond my capabilities.

• If I were a mod, no text posts at all just pictures. A complete deletion of the van class from chivalry, each van to be hunted down and his code deleted, no exceptions. yes/no/problem? I would put the our hero in a room with 1000 annoyed customers with table tennis balls & bats and talk things through in a diplomatic friendly fashion. :D

• Then I shall send you to California to hone your skills, and buy you a mirrored helmet to help you with your reverse overheads. Nothing can stand against us now, except the American military. Let’s go invade Switzerland, they seem like pussies!

• yes idd California home of the vans and mods. what a paradise with Two flavours of crassness :D . Who doesn’t like Switzerland =p

• @Oy:

Then I shall send you to California to hone your skills, and buy you a mirrored helmet to help you with your reverse overheads. Nothing can stand against us now, except the American military. Let’s go invade Switzerland, they seem like pussies!

Booyah! I already live in CA too.

• Cali power.