Threads Moved and Locked All Discussing the State of Chivalry

• This subsection of the forum is “Chivalry: Medieval Warfare.” This subsection, thus, is a general discussion of all things related to Chivalry, be it the state of the game, the state of the forums, or the state of the community of this game.

Why then are topics being locked for “going off topic” when they remain well within the confines of a general discussion about “Chivalry”?

Why are threads about “Chivalry: Medieval Warfare” being moved to the off topic section? It was from my understanding that a topic talking about Chivalry went in the “Chivalry: Medieval Warfare” subsection of the forum.

Could the moderators of the forums be misunderstanding the negativity towards Chivalry as simply being off topic trolling?
    Or could it be that the moderators have started to censor the community for not sharing the developers’ optimistic outlook of the current status of Chivalry?

Understand this before this thread is locked and closed. I am talking about Chivalry and I am talking about it in the Chivalry general discussion forums. The purpose of this thread is not to “troll,” “go off topic,” or even “flame.” The topic of this thread is to simply touch upon an issue that exists and is present throughout this game an in this forum. As much as I’d like everything to be positivity and radiant happiness, the current status of Chivalry is not attuned to such a state of being. Currently, there are problems within Chivalry which need to be addressed. In this case, the moderators appear to misappropriating criticism as slander. However, with the way criticism has been handled, the reputation of said moderators will soon turn from criticism into slander - a vicious cycle once again which will cause a negative outcome for both parties involved.

To say what everyone is thinking, Torn Banner, be straight with us. Honesty is the way problems are solved. And yes, problems do exist, and have for quite some time.

• The Chivalry forum is for topics regarding the game.

Any topics that have been locked or moved are due to them being off-topic which if you look through them, you’ll see quite well that they are going way off topic and not related to Chivalry at all. Members can discuss and debate all they want, but as soon as they stray from the game and start discussing other things that is NOT related to the game or the original posting, then that’s off topic.

There’s a reason that off-topic is in the community section because that’s the best place to discuss what you think about the forums.

• Talking about talking about Chivalry is offtopic.

• Look at the locked topics. They got basically spammed by “stop giving feedback - Torn Banner won’t do anything” posts - which is not productive at all. While it really seems like community feedback is mainly ignored since summer 2013 there is no point in spamming the forums stating the obvious - again and again.

• @Keith:

The Chivalry forum is for topics regarding the game.

There’s a reason that off-topic is in the community section because that’s the best place to discuss what you think about the forums.

You mean to tell me that the threads criticizing Torn Banner and Chivalry: Medieval Warfare UNDER the Torn Banner header and in the Chivalry: Medieval Warfare subforum belong in the Off Topic section for the community?

@Keith:

Any topics that have been locked or moved are due to them being off-topic which if you look through them, you’ll see quite well that they are going way off topic and not related to Chivalry at all. Members can discuss and debate all they want, but as soon as they stray from the game and start discussing other things that is NOT related to the game or the original posting, then that’s off topic.

We must be seeing two different things then. What I’ve seen in these threads, and what I’ve felt even, is a group of people who’ve gone through a lot of grief trying to express their feelings towards Torn Banner in regards to Chivalry. When you say “threads going off topic,” what I see is people who’ve gotten so tired of trying to get a response out of Torn Banner that they simply give up, accept the idea that Torn Banner will not acknowledge them, and would rather make the bright side of dim situation by either joking about it or kicking below the belt. Yes, while that could be considered “going off topic” much like one would consider someone going on strike as being a rabble-rouser, there’s far more to the story than meets the eye.

I’m not sure if you can feel it but I sure can. Far beyond the surface level is a problem that has existed in Chivalry that has become the proverbial elephant in the room as of recent. For our purposes, let me spell out the problem.

[size][b][size]People who've stuck with this game through thick and thin are sick of how Torn Banner has treated them and this game.[/size]
    [/b][/size]

Is the point clear enough now? The problems people have been having with this game and its developers transcends the need for by-the-books moderation. If Torn Banner really wants to solve all of it’s problems, including but not limited to thread derailment, it HAS TO COMMUNICATE with its community.

• @Evil:

Look at the locked topics. They got basically spammed by “stop giving feedback - Torn Banner won’t do anything” posts - which is not productive at all. While it really seems like community feedback is mainly ignored since summer 2013 there is no point in spamming the forums stating the obvious - again and again.

Couldn’t have said it better myself. I don’t come here to sift through 10 topics about the same things that have been said for a year now. It’s quite sad what some people have made these forums into.

• @DerFürst:

Beautiful words.

So much truth. I don’t think anyone could’ve said it better.

• @Goregasm:

Couldn’t have said it better myself. I don’t come here to sift through 10 topics about the same things that have been said for a year now. It’s quite sad what some people have made these forums into.

You’re kidding me, right? If the same things have been said for a year and they still haven’t been formally addressed, why on Earth is that a problem of the community? Clearly there’s something wrong with communication to the developers if these people have been trying FOR A YEAR to get the same message out.

• @DerFürst:

You mean to tell me that the threads criticizing Torn Banner and Chivalry: Medieval Warfare UNDER the Torn Banner header and in the Chivalry: Medieval Warfare subforum belong in the Off Topic section for the community?

That’s not anywhere close to what I have said. Any threads that I lock or move are off topic because they either get derailed and/or are not related to either Chivalry or Torn Banner.

Example:

Moved the topic “four” to off section because it was just about locked threads.
    Moved the topic “Current state of the forum” due to not having anything to do with Chivalry or TB.
    Locked “Dear TB: Listen to your community” due to more than half the posts being about “banned/locked” or a fellow user, which either had nothing to do with the original post.
    Locked “Chivalry goals 2014” because that too got derailed quite fast.

There are multiple topics that are currently going that are related to Chivalry and/or Torn Banner that have people express their grief. People have the choice to express their concern and dislike for choices that TB makes. I’ve expressed myself how there needs to be better communication. I will never discredit people’s issues with the game or the developers, but at the same time, if people are derailing threads or making topics that are not related to Chivalry or Torn Banner then they will be dealt with accordingly. Having people post to the appropriate sections keep things organized.

With that said, I can only speak for myself and my actions as a moderator/forum member. I will only hold myself responsible for what I do and can only give my opinion and thoughts.

• Why is this thread not in offtopic and not locked yet? Keith you know what to do.

• TB has always shuffled things they don’t want the community to see down into other sub forums. When my patch rant video was posted here, it was immediately moved to community content, I guess so newer members and visitors wouldn’t see it. But sweeping shots of Chivalry’s maps to soft music is A-OK.

The forums are just as pathetic as Chivalry and Torn Banner. Just like both, the forums have actually moved backwards in design and functionality. It’s comical to me that Torn Banner stresses damage control in the forums but completely ignores their community, goes against their wishes, censors what they say and bans them if they say it too loudly.

I guess it’s easier to police and censor than to actually correct the issues that cause you to do so. Lets keep plugging holes in the “effect” because who ever heard of solving problems by going after the “cause”?

• Global Moderator

@H:

TB has always shuffled things they don’t want the community to see down into other sub forums. When my patch rant video was posted here, it was immediately moved to community content, I guess so newer members and visitors wouldn’t see it. But sweeping shots of Chivalry’s maps to soft music is A-OK.

The forums are just as pathetic as Chivalry and Torn Banner. Just like both, the forums have actually moved backwards in design and functionality. It’s comical to me that Torn Banner stresses damage control in the forums but completely ignores their community, goes against their wishes, censors what they say and bans them if they say it too loudly.

I guess it’s easier to police and censor than to actually correct the issues that cause you to do so. Lets keep plugging holes in the “effect” because who ever heard of solving problems by going after the “cause”?

Back then there were more moderators around and the community content section was new. So of course they put videos there. I forgot who it was but they took some guys videos out of the tutorial section into community content as it was a bunch of videos.

if it was just text it would of stayed where it was until it got derailed which it would have.

They haven’t moved or deleted anything to censor it. Unless its abusive which is breaking the rules.

now they gotta bunch of new moderates with bob being the only old one. Ben then its only Keith and bob with the devs possibly doing stuff occasionally maybe.

• Every few weeks I remember how much I used to love chiv, and it reminds me to go on the forums and rant about it in some small way. Im still mad about how bad a job of everything TB have done since I bought it. They say you cant polish a poo, well: TB managed to polish a rough diamond WITH poo.

I consider this kind of heraldry my sacred, god given duty, and I will pursue this crusade until the day I can no longer be bothered - which might not be anytime soon.

HEY TORN BANNER. HOWS IT FEEL TO BE NOMINEES FOR THE WORST DEVELOPERS IN THE BUSINESS? In my future communist state, your reward is medically induced comas, all round.

Of course I must now write something constructive to comply with forum rules so: despite my hatred for all of you and most of what you have done… I must commend you all immensely for your highly innovative addition of purchasable helmets to the game. Splendid work.

• I think most posts were locked because lemon pitches in with posts that are so stupid others bash him and the mods lock it.

Perhaps TBS is paying lemon to keep the forum active with one liners.

• Global Moderator

@gregcau:

I think most posts were locked because lemon pitches in with posts that are so stupid others bash him and the mods lock it.

Well, I don’t control the maturity of others.

• No but you do control the butthurt around here.

• @gregcau:

I think most posts were locked because lemon pitches in with posts that are so stupid others bash him and the mods lock it.

@lemonater47:

Well, I don’t control the maturity of others.

I love this. I love it. He comes in to derail the thread with the predicted oneliner.

Good call Greg.

• Except it’s true. You can just ignore his posts if they’re so vexing that derailing the thread is necessary.

• Global Moderator

@Userper:

I love this. I love it. He comes in to derail the thread with the predicted oneliner.

Good call Greg.

Ahh, but but it was Greg who derailed the thread. He turned it into yet another lemon thread. Only him and bill do it.

• This appears to be true. I suppose it’s almost time to rename the thread.