Missing faction

• It just seems to me, the romans in some sort is missing. I would like a badass praetorian running around. I know romans fought best in formation, but so did the spartans. And the romans must have been great fighters, the did control most of the known world, at the height of their power.

• roman skin for spartan not new class sorry

• Add in a Roman Gladiator instead of a Legionary.

• Nah roman legionary is better. Most gladiators weren’t Romans.

• Bullshit legionary is better, Spartacus fucked those bitches up. Thousands of em. Tens of thousands. Plus Gladiators have cooler armor, weapons and background. Gladiators have better distinction from Spartans than legionaries, since we’re not introducing another shielded squad-based soldier. Gladiator could just be a badass with a cool weapon selection and the sweet decorative armor. Final tital could be Champion, and you could unlock bits of armor and a couple helmets as you level up same as other classes.

Or we could add in zombies. They’re called draugr and have a big selection of axes, swords and hammers. Once you level up you gain the ability to “shout”, stunning enemies temporarily.

• no we dont need more than 6 classes i just wish torn banner didnt suck as much and could actually make skins for the already present units like legionaire could be a skin for spartan and some middle eastern skins for samurai, like making them warrior monks or something. make pirates janissaries or musketmen but give them a musket. add mason skin from mw to knight and make the vikings dvors or something and ninjas just regular assassins they had in europe

• Because skins of another faction is a silly idea.

Also Spartacus and his army ditched their gladiatorial equipment and used roman gear. Roman swords, shields and armour. They looked like legionaries almost. Because it was better.

They were also only up against a variety of guard units. Guard units even the praetorian guard (who weren’t around at the time) were usually inexperienced soldiers. And they only fought because they were ordered too. The gladiators fought because they had no choice and they had a large desire to fight. Not to mention they were experienced fighters. Many of the slaves that joined him would have been captured soldiers of other nations too. Spartacus also seemed to know the way the Romans fought some say he was even in the roman army but no one knows.

Sparticus was defeated when generals who knew what they were doing came along with armies that had actually fought battles arrived. After several defeats and an internal split they were all finally defeated.

• “The gladiators fought because they had no choice and they had a large desire to fight. Not to mention they were experienced fighters.”
    Which is what I’m saying. I think they fit fine in DW, they can be still be historically accurate but put up a good fight against the other classes. We’re not talking about them salvaging weapons and launching a massive rebellion against an entire nation. We’re talking about a class for a game, so thank you for the history lesson.
    Legionaries are boring, faceless pawns with big dumb rectangle shields and leather armor with little swords. That would be the entire class lol. And no one would fight in the proper way, they would try to lmb spam with the shield on their back, unless you forced them to use it. Then they’ll be less effective Spartans. At least Gladiators are more distinct, not to mention cooler.

• Riposte off shields?

• You really want the counter-attack riposte to work off of shields? Do you even know how gay that would be? You can already turtle behind shields and block attacks from the side and sometimes from behind, never mind adding the ability to counter-attack off of a much easier parry that requires no timing.

• Well you can make so shield blocks withen a certain time window can riposte. So you can’t turtle and riposte.

• I still don’t think we need another shield-only class.

• Maybe your right.

though if they or anyone else decides to do a ancient warfare expansion with Romans every class would have shields. As back then they all had them. Hardly didn’t have them. Even slingers had them. And some heavy archers strapped a shield on their back and could use it in melee. Only the barbarians from northern Greece didn’t use shields lots. As some Germanic people’s had two handed axes. But the Thracian and Dacians had big two handed weapons. The falx was one an early polearm that would look similar to the bardiche almost. And they had this big two handed sword cleaver thing that I forgot the name of. Though the Thracians had a lot of Greek culture implemented in their barbarian culture. The Dacians didn’t though used many Thracian weapons.

A dedicated team could probably make an expansion based off chivalry in about 6 months. As much of the coddle and mechanics are already there. Essentially its just models, maps and sound putting it simply that needs to be done. And a new mechanic or too. And to make sure it doesn’t crash. Deadliest warrior alpha used to crash tons. Now it never does.

But this game doesn’t need any new classes. They should just make a new one. Not that I’m saying its easy I’m just saying it won’t take a long time. They could even have Romans with a gladiator mode. So the two settings with rome that can “Work” gameplay/balance/fun wise and still be more or less historically accurate is Rome vs Carthage with a polybian roman army or Rome vs Dacia which were barbarians but if you use the Dacian wars in emperor Trajan’s time they were almost on par with the Romans in terms of military strength and thy knew the Romans ways because of certain incidents a few years beforehand. Dacia actually Owned rome essentially. Rome had to pay tribute to them and send military trainers and craftsmen if all trades over there. Though they were still barbarians.

And they can have a gladiator mode thing. Or just gladiator skins for all the classes in FFA. Even multi team Deathmatch and LTS with gladiators and stuff. Or do gladiators vs rome. There was more than one gladiator uprising though it was only really Sparticus who had any real success with it. But 4 more skins and extra helmets even customisable armour pieces would be cool. Probably need to hire a new 3D artist though maybe. Just for gladiatorial stuff.

And this could have more TO easily. Maybe even one TO map with Romans vs gladiators on top of Rome VS Carthage/Dacia whatever period they want to make a game about if they want Romans.

If torn banner Ever want to make a game about Romans which will be popular no matter what (at least before release) there are people here on this forum who know. But about Romans. I know my romans better than the medieval period. And I’m sure SavageBeatings the history guru here knows quite a bit too. So don’t feel shy about shoving an NDA at us via PM and asking and checking about historical accuracy.

Though some patches for MW and DW would be good first before you start on a new game. I mean it would be a pretty damn big PR mistake to announce a new game before you do that. Fix ranks and unlocks again, ping kick and do something with the bubble and everyone will love you. Those are the three things that will bring the most happiness.

I wonder what will happen if torn banner removed the bubble in MW but didn’t tell anyone and see off people still complain about the bubble which is no longer there. I bet they will still complain. Though bubble should at least go down to DW size. As its 50% smaller in DW for those who don’t know.

• Well, I think TBS has shown a lot of potential for success and awesomeness, and a lot of potential for fucking up and trying to hide things as well. If they make a third game, I’ll support it, but if it’s another fuckup then I’m outta here lol. The whole Rome era is ripe with potential waiting to be released, but you need a good team whose serious about it in order to pull it off properly.

• As much as I love Roman Legions - with SPQR tattooed on my arm - putting more and more classes in the game is pointless unless those 6 we have are not balanced well. Idea of giving spartans roman skins is pointless too - spartans are spartans and half of the server running around as greeks and another one as romans would look silly.

• wtf no cus u would need to be rank 100 to use it

• Functionally, they would have been too similar to the Spartans.

• @Andrew:

Functionally, they would have been too similar to the Spartans.

They would have been as similar to a spartan as a knight is to a samurai.

• Lemonater, It doesn’t have to be historically accurate, because every Spartan in the game is using the Falcata, even though the Falcata isn’t even a Greek weapon. Also yeah, what Andrew said, they would be used the same, so, and every server could have limitations. Also, Andrew, why not have any skins for ninja like a regular European assassin, and middle eastern assassin?

inb4 Lemonater says its like comparing them to watermelons

• @Pesky:

Lemonater, It doesn’t have to be historically accurate, because every Spartan in the game is using the Falcata, even though the Falcata isn’t even a Greek weapon. Also yeah, what Andrew said, they would be used the same, so, and every server could have limitations. Also, Andrew, why not have any skins for ninja like a regular European assassin, and middle eastern assassin?

inb4 Lemonater says its like comparing them to watermelons

Has it finally learned to speak?!