Things that I can't understand yet, with an easy solution.

• Hi, there are a few things that makes me rage usually, with an easy reachable solution.

(Sorry if my english is far from perfect)

1. Mirrored Team Damage. As an optional server option, it would help a lot in 32+ population servers to not be killed every five seconds by your teammates. Of course accidents occurs, and I can deal with it without problems because I miss attacks too, but in servers with a lot of users that only thing they do is LMB spam behind you it would be a nice feature.

It could be adjustable, for example 50% of damage to the teamdamager, and 50% to the victim.

2. LAG Votekick system. When votekick a player, the window could add the latency as well as the team damage. Yeah, yeah I know there is a server automatic option to kick laggers, but or is not implemented or it doesn’t work well on neither server so it would help a lot to kick the players that sometimes make this an unplayable game.

3. Vanguard class, jumping nerf. WTF, I know this thread is already very discussed but jumping 15 meters with and instakill or 70%-80% damage is a little bit ridiculous, tedious and OP. And if you mix it with lag… alt+f4. So, less range would be fine, and damage could be the same. Or less damage, same range. I don’t know, but now it’s an awful and ugly thing.

4. Team Damage should interrupt your attacks. As the enemy ones can do.

5. Anti speedhack. Please, for those who think that 1.1 is undetectable you can go away. It’s not the usual, but when they can go backwards at the same velocity that you sprint, it hurts. when they perform the damage before the animation does it and they are not lagging…

I think its all. Cya.

• 1 and 2 I agree with. 3 was fixed in a recent hotfix. No way in hell for 4. That would be terrible. 5 would be nice but it won’t happen, so the best thing you can do is record them cheating and email Kimiko or a moderator with video evidence and his/her Steam ID.

There is an anti-cheat system and it does work, it just doesn’t catch everyone. But then again, not a single anti-cheat system can work 100% of the time.

• Team damage used to interrupt attacks and that REALLY pissed people off. There were more votekicks, more retaliation and more abuse flying around.

Vangaurds charge distance relies on the elevation of the ground. And quite possible how far you are looking up or down though I haven’t tested that. So on the second stage of dark forest after the cart is through that first gate it has to go downhill right at the beginning of the second stage. And mason vanguards go flying down the hill while agathian vanguards go like a foot forwards trying to go uphill. I’ve actually taken fall damage with vanguard charges going downhill in many places in various maps. Like flippy said it seemed to have gotten fixed. When you could go for miles it often hindered the vanguard doing the charge. You can end up going passed your target and teamkill a team mate or go flying off a cliff. Both of which happened to me. One smart little mason archer on the third stage of citadel found a place where all vanguards coming to get him would always charge and go flying off the cliff. On the mason Spawn side where the destroyed bridge is. He had3 vanguards myself included dive off the cliff into the lava. But they have fixed it now.

This game uses VAC anti Hack which can sometimes take up to 48 hours to work. But yeah filming the dude and getting his steam ID then reporting the hacker works. Though for some dumb reason the getplayerinfo command is blocked on official servers. That command ensures that spoke don’t make false report and just get some random player banned.

And instead of putting the ping in the votekick box how about making a server option to add a WORKING ping kick in the game. There’s one there already but it doesn’t work.

I also don’t like the idea of mirrored team damage. There be trolls out there. And its immersion breaking. Not to mention any times hitting team mates isn’t your fault.

• @Flippy:

No way in hell for 4.

Why not? Right now you can’t get flinched with team damage.

• Of course, I like that people can opine freely.
    @lemonater47:

Team damage used to interrupt attacks and that REALLY pissed people off. There were more votekicks, more retaliation and more abuse flying around.

When I said that, I was referring to implement it only if the mirrored damage is On. It would be annoying being interrupted all the time now, with the team damage.
    @lemonater47:

Vangaurds charge distance relies on the elevation of the ground. And quite possible how far you are looking up or down though I haven’t tested that. So on the second stage of dark forest after the cart is through that first gate it has to go downhill right at the beginning of the second stage. And mason vanguards go flying down the hill while agathian vanguards go like a foot forwards trying to go uphill. I’ve actually taken fall damage with vanguard charges going downhill in many places in various maps. Like flippy said it seemed to have gotten fixed. When you could go for miles it often hindered the vanguard doing the charge. You can end up going passed your target and teamkill a team mate or go flying off a cliff. Both of which happened to me. One smart little mason archer on the third stage of citadel found a place where all vanguards coming to get him would always charge and go flying off the cliff. On the mason Spawn side where the destroyed bridge is. He had3 vanguards myself included dive off the cliff into the lava. But they have fixed it now.

I didn’t know that. But it needs some fix-love, not a nerf in itself. Just cosset a little the animations, not being and insta-15 meters long jump.
    @lemonater47:

This game uses VAC anti Hack which can sometimes take up to 48 hours to work. But yeah filming the dude and getting his steam ID then reporting the hacker works. Though for some dumb reason the getplayerinfo command is blocked on official servers. That command ensures that spoke don’t make false report and just get some random player banned.

I know the VAC system but is not the best i’ve ever seen, you know. So if it doesn’t work well it’s kinda useless. There are third party’s anticheats that work pretty well.
    @lemonater47:

And instead of putting the ping in the votekick box how about making a server option to add a WORKING ping kick in the game. There’s one there already but it doesn’t work.

Yeah, I would be happy too with that solution, but I think that adding latency on the votekick system is an easy and helpfull thing now and for the servers that don’t have the ping limiter. One thing don’t exclude the other.
    @lemonater47:

I also don’t like the idea of mirrored team damage. There be trolls out there. And its immersion breaking. Not to mention any times hitting team mates isn’t your fault.

Trolls with mirrored team damage? I think it would be kinda retarded crushing yourself when hitting other people of your team xD. I think that it would prevent us of a lot of trolls, not like now.

Yeah, not an immersive solution, but this game isn’t a simulator or a roleplay. And I underlined it, “optative”. If it is optative, it doesn’t hurt anyone, just change server. What I try to say is that having the option is always good, but not as an obligatory thing.

Ok, not always is your fault, but my TDamage ratio is mostly minor than 5% because I play trying to not hurt my mates. But 90% of people doesn’t mind if they kill or not a friend for the greed of kills, this system would prevent it in the majority of cases.

• The trolls can be on full health and they see a team mate on low health. They could just step a little to the left to get in the way and that kills that player and they only lose like 20 hit points.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Why not? Right now you can’t get flinched with team damage.

Lol right now you’re lucky to get a flinch in on an enemy anyway.

Would be a real rager if the team damage flinch worked and the enemy damage flinch remained as it is :).

• @lemonater47:

The trolls can be on full health and they see a team mate on low health. They could just step a little to the left to get in the way and that kills that player and they only lose like 20 hit points.

Votekick and it’s over. Just like now. But it will be more difficult to troll. Where is the matter?

• @perroverde:

Votekick and it’s over. Just like now. But it will be more difficult to troll. Where is the matter?

How do you succefully votekick someone with 0% team damage and OK ping? You can only do that with a server full of idiots.

• @perroverde:

1. Mirrored Team Damage

Generally a terrible idea. Most teamdamage happens by accident and mirroring just increases the damage you do to your team. I like the recents system (spawn timer increase) as it punishes consistent teamdamaging instead of accidentally hitting somebody in the heat of battle (often its actually the victims fault). Also realism.

@perroverde:

2. LAG Votekick system. When votekick a player, the window could add the latency as well as the team damage.

I support this. When a votekick gets started most people don’t want to validate if guilty and go by teamdamage % only (or just vote yes anyways because they are jerks). The result is high ping players not getting kicked even if it would be better for everyone.

@perroverde:

3. Vanguard class, jumping nerf.

Might be not that easy because its likely a byproduct of some other change. But it needs fixing for sure. Also realism.

@perroverde:

4. Team Damage should interrupt your attacks.

Definitely. Its frustrating to get killed by random swingers because one strikes right through his mate flinching you and then get killed by the other one because HE did not get flinched. Also reaslim and CONSISTENCY!

It might make things a little worse when playing with a lot of careless guys (in this case it makes things much better for your enemy though) or trolls (in this case you can use the votekick) but getting hit by teammates should NOT be seen as normal. If you hit an ally you FAILED - not a little but HARD!

@perroverde:

5. Anti speedhack.

This is not easy at all. Its like demanding a hospital to cure all diseases.

• @perroverde:

Hi, there are a few things that makes me rage usually, with an easy reachable solution.

2. LAG Votekick system. When votekick a player, the window could add the latency as well as the team damage. Yeah, yeah I know there is a server automatic option to kick laggers, but or is not implemented or it doesn’t work well on neither server so it would help a lot to kick the players that sometimes make this an unplayable game.

I agree with this, but I think it should tell you how many people the person has killed, as well as showing the percentage of Team damage. Lots of the time, when a player gets in a server, a person runs in his/her face while they are hitting, and gets team killed, if that person votekicks him there, it will come out as 100% team damage, and will get kicked. If it showed that he had only team killed 1 person, he wouldn’t get kicked.

• @Bazzyboss:

I agree with this, but I think it should tell you how many people the person has killed, as well as showing the percentage of Team damage. Lots of the time, when a player gets in a server, a person runs in his/her face while they are hitting, and gets team killed, if that person votekicks him there, it will come out as 100% team damage, and will get kicked. If it showed that he had only team killed 1 person, he wouldn’t get kicked.

It should also show his steam ID, his IP address, his phone number and his home address.

• @Bazzyboss:

Yeah, it’s true. Good idea.

@lemonater47:

It should also show his steam ID, his IP address, his phone number and his home address.

Come on, Bazzyboss’ idea isn’t bad and it’s an easy-to-make improvement. Lemonater, you like the idea, accept it.

• OP, you were talking about mirrored team damage; i’d love to see 300% reflected team damage. Just for fun :D

Regarding a corpse count on the votekick tab, i think you could do that based on damage count. eg damage done to kill 1 player = 100; then if player has done 20 damage and killed a player then he has killed 0.2 players. This would indicate the difference between 100% team damage and just 1 player by accident.
    But then if you have a really good player who is at the top of the leader board and has killed 5 newbs who run in front of him it will say he has killed ~5 players

• @Flippy:

3 was fixed in a recent hotfix.

What is this magical hotfix you speak of. Is it in beta? Because it isn’t in the game. Can still charge across huge distances which was a bug introduced in the geometry patch before they all went on holiday.

• @sharkh20:

What is this magical hotfix you speak of. Is it in beta? Because it isn’t in the game. Can still charge across huge distances which was a bug introduced in the geometry patch before they all went on holiday.

Just doesn’t seem to happen anymore on flat ground. They could of unintentionally fixed it or fixed it without telling us. It was always unpredictable which is a good thing considering how useless it is. But its based on the incline of the ground and where the player is looking.

• I didn’t notice any difference with the ubercharge in the hotfix. It certainly wasn’t fixed.