Just give me weapons

• Ive been lurking for a while, and im sorry that im making another of “these” threads, but its got to happen.
    I can overlook all the other problems with Chivalry. I don’t mind glitches, unbalancing, archers, vanguard, whatever. Hell, even the fact that im still at level five after 24 hours of total play time.
    What I really cant stand is not having weapons. I understand this problem has been around for some time. The least you could do to us new players, though, who all bought youre game, and those of them like myself who play it frequently, despite its major problems and issues, is to give us weapons! Im not even asking for you to fix anything. If its really that hard to fix, just get rid of the unlock system! I can deal without needing to level up to unlock, as long as I can actually play the game!
    In the very least, give me an update about something, anything youre doing to try and help this. I haven’t seen one word from a dev about the problem. Even if you just tell me youre working on it, to sit tight. I can do this. But I wont sit around for forever with no word on the subject, and no progress.
    Im saying this because I really like your game. I think its innovative. I like the mechanics, and the play style. Any other game I would’ve put down long ago. So when I say this, its not to criticize; I just want to be able to play it to its potential.

• In the future please, please format your walls of text. It’s so brutal to read.

• The new forums only permits formatting if you disable your adblocker/allow scripts.

In short: UNLOCK BUG SHOULD HAVE HIGHEST* PRIORITY RIGHT NOW.

*Should be fixed asap - best: yesterday.

• This post is deleted!

• I have to agree, weapon unlock bug needs to be fixed ASAP. Too many people get terrible first impressions on this game simply because they can’t get new weapons.

• Stats not saving was always a bit of an issue if I remember well. Was quite frustrated back then when I started, especially with weapons like javelin, that was super hard to use for a beginner and it didn’t even count melee kills. So I used to be quite pissed when my progress got reverted, I had to unlock warbow four times all the way from shortbow, and hell archery was hard for a noob, harder than it is now. But if I understand it right, the problem grew so large that now no stats are saved ever.

That leads me to a simple solution. TB failed to do anything reasonable with this issue for over a year or whenever chiv started, instead they just made it bigger, and so I sit here asking is there a point to this grievance.

Just simply scrap the system altogether and have everyone unlocked all weapons from start. I believe it’s better to just have to test all those weapon one after another and learn what they do than to be frustrated that you cannot ever get them.

• Really? I feel like javelin and bows/crossbows are the easiest to use these days.

• It has always been more or less bugged.
    Back on release ranks didn’t work at all and kill counts for weapons were going mad, randomly resetting or unlocking (I have a fully unlocked archer and his veteran helmet although I’ve never ever shot a single arrow. Go figure)

After some patch or a few ranks started to work but you could get to rank 40 in few days. Again, after a patch or two it was fixed and reset. Then I took a longer break and when I came back it was more or less fixed for most. Until now.

The funny part -there is not a single word about what is being worked on, not even a shy affirmation than they PLAN to do something about it. Nothing, null. Devs stay silent about possibly the biggest issue chiv ever had.

I mean how hard is to write a shortest statement here on forums “We are aware of the issue, we are investigating this/fix is on the way/it will be fixed ASAP”, anything. This is the most basic PR I can imagine.

This bug doesn’t concern me at all, nevertheless after reading countless threads and bug reports from confused newbies I’m getting pissed off by TB’s passiveness.

• The only unlock bug I ever experienced in MW was Javelin kills only counting Melee, not thrown kills. I was able to unlock the whole arsenal without bullshit if I remember correctly.
    DW’s unlock system is a bit fucky, but I managed to get all the unlocks done for that as well.

• @Oy:

The only unlock bug I ever experienced in MW was Javelin kills only counting Melee, not thrown kills. I was able to unlock the whole arsenal without bullshit if I remember correctly.
    DW’s unlock system is a bit fucky, but I managed to get all the unlocks done for that as well.

Oh was it the other way around? I don’t remember, I know that either ranged kills or melee kills were awarded to the buckler instead, dunno which though.

• Buckler bash kills and jav stab kills counted towards your Javelin unlocks. Actually throwing them at people and killing them that way gave you jack shit. I probably had well over 200 javelin kills by the time I unlocked the short spears if you count the thrown kills as well as the melee kills lol. Then I had the unlock the heavy Javs, which turned out sucking anyway lol!

• devs care as much about the community as infinity ward!!! as long as people buy their expansion packs then they have no need to fix the game. STOP IGNORING THESE THREADS!!!

• Weapon resets haven’t bugged me too badly recently. I’d like to see:

a) The bug where the chat breaks. THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED.
    b) The bug where the sound breaks.
    c) Weapon unlocks.
    d) Seemingly arbitrary hit detection (might just be that I’m bad, but I swear to God my sword shrinks and grows in the midst of combat).
    e) Improved padding when navigating the environment.
    f) Fixing the vanguard’s faster-than-light charge.

I don’t know what the state of the game is, I haven’t touched it since I broke my hand. But I have been checking the forums lately, sort of scared to go back and find TO #20 in flames.

• The sound breaks?

To fix chat press tab then b and click on a name. Now you can chat.

• @lemonater47:

The sound breaks?

To fix chat press tab then b and click on a name. Now you can chat.

I’ll try that next time it happens.

The sound issue happens especially when you hit “reconnect” to fix the weapon-unlock problem. I hear a loud “blip” when I join, and then nothing. Sometimes it will fix when I restart Chivalry altogether, but other times it decides to be a right bastard and I just wait for a day or two.

• Tried updating your drivers?

And what is your sound card? Is it a separate card or integrated into the graphics card.